• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wahmp Whamp! Fake Disney Couples Flynn + Rapunzel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahmp Whamp! Fake Disney Couples Flynn + Rapunzel?

lost-sun-princess

a princess worth waiting for
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
a2gmwy.jpg

... And just like that, I think the couples pins - specifically Flynn and Rapunzel -- has met it's scrappy match. I received a second of these pins from eBay (ironically ordered a day before someone I love told me they got the ones I need, epic fail) from a seller who I suspect is also selling scrap completer pins, and the moment I tore the envelope open and saw it in a little plastic baggie, my heart sank.

xxRrrJr.jpg

On the left is the pin that arrived today from an eBay seller in California. Luckily, it was inexpensive. (Too good to be true!) The front looks... okay. There are a few minor, usual looking dips in enamel on Rapunzel's forehead and while the front is glossy, it's definitely not as glossy as the real one to the right. The weight seems about the same as the real one. From the front, not so bad...

OMSuuxr.jpg

The back seems to be another story entirely. Take a look at the spacing on the Mickey waffle back stamp, the fact that it doesn't hit the edges, and the lack of the barcode number (or whatever that etched number is)... the back is also really rough and definitely not up to par with the real one.

This certainly didn't take long! Kinda bummed out, but I wanted to share my findings with the group... Off to contact the seller and see if I can get my $12 back...

EDIT: The more I look at the pictures and the pins in my hands, the other big issues are around her sleeves - the purple and pin is totally off on the fake pin, and the coloring in her lips is also not quite as pin as it is in the real one. She also is missing the black "eyeliner" above her eyes on the scrapper. On Flynn, his eyes seem a bit off in the fake one.​

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up J'aimie..That's really unfortunate...You know, that should be the pinpics picture to show the legit one and the fake one... it is always helpful to see that

Case opened with eBay. Makes me so mad. I mean I can keep it and string it on a pendant, I guess, but the fact that she's already been scrappered and out in people's hands frustrates the crap out of me. Eh. Consider yourselves warned, I guess. Curious to see how much more of the series has also been faked...

Stay classy, Laz.

Haha, i was totally being serious. I bought a bunch of packages, got some in the packages and i want to trade for more of the real ones so i can help out my fellow tangled collectors in obtaining a true authentic one without a headache. But after i re-read what i wrote i can see what you thought i meant. But i didnt <3 trust me.

Already!! Im sorry! That didn't take long, well at least it's easier to see with the real one with the code on it, but wow you can totally tell from the front too! what a shame!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back