• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wahmp Whamp! Fake Disney Couples Flynn + Rapunzel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wahmp Whamp! Fake Disney Couples Flynn + Rapunzel?
OMG I bought one on eBay and it looks more like the fake one!!! Ahh what the heck! Idk how to even approach it to the seller.

OMG I bought one on eBay and it looks more like the fake one!!! Ahh what the heck! Idk how to even approach it to the seller.

Send them a message letting them know that you think you may have gotten a counterfeit pin. You can use my photos as reference if it helps, along with a photo of your pin. On eBay, you can open a case for "item not as described: Counterfeit or Fake" and from there, the seller has to take action. It's actually a pretty painless process through eBay. I just returned my pin today, and I'm hoping for my refund by the end of the week...

Good luck, doll. PM me if you need help.

Send them a message letting them know that you think you may have gotten a counterfeit pin. You can use my photos as reference if it helps, along with a photo of your pin. On eBay, you can open a case for "item not as described: Counterfeit or Fake" and from there, the seller has to take action. It's actually a pretty painless process through eBay. I just returned my pin today, and I'm hoping for my refund by the end of the week...

Good luck, doll. PM me if you need help.

I looked at the seller's listing and it says they don't do returns. You think that would be a problem?

I looked at the seller's listing and it says they don't do returns. You think that would be a problem?

Hmm. Not sure. I would still send them a message and worst case, reach out to eBay to see what your options are. If (s)he is dealing fakes, that's a problem... is it worth it for eBay to step in? I don't really know the T's and C's regarding this sort of thing, but I think it's worth expressing your dissatisfaction to the seller...

Bah! I got duped too... How terrible it is that these have been counterfeited so quickly! The back of the pins are the easiest way to tell which are fake, but the aforementioned "issues" on the front are there as well... *Sigh* Oh, and Robin Hood and Maid Marian have also been counterfeited. Same seller on eBay. Boo!

Response from seller: "I had NO IDEA these were fake!!"

... :suspect:

I guess it depends, does he sell a lot of pins or just one here and there ... Because if it were me, I would absolutely have no idea if it were real or not, I only found out about fake pins when I joined this forum, so my answer would have been the same as that seller's o_O

do you have a digital scale in your kitchen? if so, can you please check the wt of the pins against eachother, as well as if the questionable one is thinner metal than the legit?

Kristine, I actually sent it back and got a refund, so unfortunately I don't have a difference in weight. In my hands they felt very similar, though...

Also, eBay feedback is a great thing. I regret not having checked this particular seller's feedback more closely. It's hard to take his/her "I didn't know they were fake" seriously when in the past month alone they had several pieces of negative feedback complaining about receiving fake pins. So: always check feedback! I will say in their defense, the refund process was very smooth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back