• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Walt Disney Records: The Legacy Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walt Disney Records: The Legacy Collection

lordofanime

Active DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw that there was no thread for this, so I thought I might make it. :D

Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, The Lion King two disc set will be available June 24th.​

Walt Disney Records’ newly created line of collectible CDs, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection, will celebrate the anniversaries of Disney’s most cherished and classic properties that have been enchanting audiences for generations. Through 2015, Walt Disney Records will celebrate 12 anniversaries including “Pinocchio†(75th), “Fantasia†(75th), “Cinderella†(65th), “Lady and the Tramp†(60th), “Sleeping Beauty†(55th), “Mary Poppins†(50th), “The Lion King†(20th) and “Toy Story†(20th), among others.

To honor these musical landmarks, Walt Disney Records The Legacy Collection will feature the beloved original soundtracks, plus valuable documentary content that tells the story behind the music. Each album will feature newly created artwork from Lorelay Bove, a visual development artist at Walt Disney Animation Studios (“Tangled,†“Winnie the Pooh,†“Wreck-It Ralphâ€). The illustrations, inspired by the original properties, will celebrate Disney’s rich heritage and create a unified look for the entire collection.

The first release in the series is The Lion King, a two-disc set featuring the original motion picture soundtrack, 30 minutes of previously unreleased score, plus liner notes by Don Hahn (producer) and Oscar-winning composer Hans Zimmer.

Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club will get a chance to hear some of the music before it's released during the D23 Fanniversary Celebration roadshow, which will tour the country later this year, and D23 Members have the opportunity to purchase the complete collection with a special set of exclusive lithographs at a special price.

The release schedule for Walt Disney The Legacy Collection follows:

The Legacy Collection 2014:

• The Lion King - 20th 6/24/14
  • Mary Poppins - 50th 8/26/14
  • Sleeping Beauty - 55th 10/7/14
  • The Little Mermaid - 25th 11/17/14
The Legacy Collection 2015:

• Fantasia - 75th 1/3/15
  • Pinocchio - 75th 2/3/15
  • Toy Story - 20th 3/17/15
  • Disneyland - 60th 4/7/15
  • Lady and the Tramp - 60th 5/12/15
  • Pocahontas - 20th 6/23/15
  • Aristocats - 45th 8/14/15*
  • Cinderella - 65th 8/14/15*
*First to Market at D23

Source

The Lion King is now on sale for $16.57 on Amazon for the pre-order. I think it used to be around $21 last month.
I would avoid My Play Direct for as long as humanly possible!

My thoughts:
I'm definitely getting Lion King, Sleeping Beauty, Little Mermaid, Fantasia, and Pocahontas.
I'm contemplating wether or not I should just get the whole collection.
The Lion King tracklist worries me. I've always loved the score, but we've never gotten the full score, and it seems like we're not going to get the complete score here too! I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I also want to see The Hunchback of Notre Dame on there. :D

I really want them to release these on vinyl records too.

SO what do you guys think? Which movies do you want to see on that list? And what are your must buys?

I am so excited for this collection. My number one must buy is The Little Mermaid. I'm also looking forward to Sleeping Beauty, Pocahontas, and The Aristocats.

Thought this post could use a bump. Got My Legacy Collection CD of The Little Mermaid yesterday. Over all, I like it. The liner notes make for an interesting read, and I love having the work tapes and demos included (Howard Ashman is a blast to listen to as Ursula). Might have to pick up a few others in the future.

Hopefully Disney Records will continue this line through 2016 so I can get Beauty & the Beast for it's 25th anniversary.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back