• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

wanting to thank someone, can't remember the post.....hope this helps someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
wanting to thank someone, can't remember the post.....hope this helps someone else.

shellymo

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I wanted to thank :hug:whoever it was who posted that you can ask ebay for a refund if you buy pins that do not turn out to be real, because the pins are fake/counterfeit and it is fraudulent for the seller to ask you to send them back in the mail.

My story: I bought 2 lots of pins (around $1 each) from a seller with good feedback. When I received them I could tell they were not good. My daughter wanted to keep some of the pins, even knowing they are fake, so contacted the seller about returning one set. I had to pay to send that one set back so it cost me money to buy pins from this person. I just thought I was out the money for the second set because we didn't want to return all the pins for a refund. I read a post yesterday that said to open a case and let ebay know they are fake. I did that. Seller once again said I needed to ship them back for a refund. But with the advice from here I just hit the next step and sent it to ebay to decide and they sent me a refund in 2 hours, on Christmas eve no less
So thank you for the advice (cannot find the thread to thank the person) and hope this helps someone else!

Shelly :hsd:

Doomscarf I will PM you the name.
Yosoyahpuch, I know! I wasted my money the first time sending them back and this was so great not to have to bother. It is not our faults they are selling counterfeit pins. Now I can use the money on good pins.
Shelly

I bet if more people started doing this, it would eventually make a dent in these sellers. If you ever get a pin or pins that are obvious fakes, let eBay know and do not send them back into the hands of these sellers to resell them!

Added note - if there are any problems with you keeping the pins, just advise the seller that that you are willing to send the pins in question directly to Disney, or to eBay or else to the international fraud division with the FBI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back