• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Warning! Singing Anna fraud took place on ebay, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning! Singing Anna fraud took place on ebay, what can I do?

lulemee

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have to share some really bad dishonest behaviour that took place on ebay lately!

Some time ago, I sold an OOAK singing Anna doll on ebay to a fellow collector in South Korea. It´s this doll:
image.jpg
image.jpg
tumblr_n11hdkI99b1seb7u4o1_500.jpg

The collector was very happy about this doll and it´s still in private collection.
Here is my past auction:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/26139781562...l?_sacat=0&_from=R40&_nkw=261397815629&_rdc=1

Now I found out, that some US seller on ebay used MY picture of MY doll to sell a normal, not repainted singing Anna doll, here is his auction:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/181393112249?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I contacted the seller and told him that using my picture is stealing and fraud. His reaction was very rude and he was threatening me, to report ME to ebay. Unbelievable, isn´t it???

Of course I reported it to ebay, but I doubt they will do something about it! What more can I do?

Last edited:
Have you tried calling a rep at ebay? I've never done it before, but to be sure they have to have some way to contact them outside of the normal "send and email and wait for a response". You have enough documented proof of the dolls origins, sale, and the sellers attitude I imagine.
just out of curiosity, do you watermark or copyright your photos? I only ask because that is another angle you can take. Also because I've seen someone use your photo of the frozen Anna you did and tried to pass it off as their own to trade. ( It was a younger girl and she was called out on it and the post has since been removed.) Luckly enough people aware of your work to expose it. A watermark would definitely put somewhat of a damper on those trying to use your photos.

It's unfortunate that people take other people's pictures and use them as stock photos, especially as this as its clearly advertising your change. Other then contacting ebay, I don't think there is anything you can do further than what you have done(the nerve of thay seller).
Hopefully Ebay will look into it soon.

One thing though is that the posting of links to auction sites/other sales forums is not permitted on the forum and can get you an infraction if its left unchecked...

It's happened to me before, and ebay was very quick to remove the listing. Just use the report item link on the listing and choose copyright/images or text used from your listing. As long as they are your pictures from your listing they will take down the offending listing, but probably not respond back to you.

Though after the listing is ended I don't know of much that you can do. Seems the seller wasn't all that bright and just took any picture he found even though it shows a before/after picture and he sold it as new.

Last edited:
One other thing you might do, is in your configuration on ebay you can have ebay add a watermark of your username to any pictures you upload for your listings automatically. You have a couple of simple options, but it really is simple once you find out how to turn it on. It's all done for you without having to load a photo editor.

I suggest calling eBay rather than sending them a message and escalate it that way, especially since the auction is closed. This should also help the buyer of the auction get a refund since the picture does not represent the doll purchased.

Thank you so much for all your helpfull comments!!! I didn´t know, that ebay also can add watermarks, this is a great tip and I will use it for my next auction.

In general, the problem with watermarks is, that they don´t look very pretty and must be placed somewhere, they can´t be removed easily. I have a webpage, where I present detailed pictures of my dolls, and adding a watermark would destroy the presentation. And this guy had my picture from google images, how he said. So it could have come from everywhere. I will add watermarks in future to pictures I´ll post on social networks, but there are already so many pictures out there... if someone wants to steel, he can steel! Anyway, I´m really very thankfull for your advices!!!

Is it forbidden to post links to ebay auctions, if the auction already ended long time ago? If so, I will remove the links, of course. I just wanted to show, what I´m talking about and proof that it´s the truth...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back