• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Warning!!! They're Back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning!!! They're Back...

pook-a-lu-le

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I just noticed that the Dalmatian Stitch LE 100, Ariel LE 100, Jessica Playing Baseball LE 100, plus others with the missing hologram are back up for sale on the bay by the same seller (from China) who sold these last month. :nono: It's been about a month now since the others sold, however, this time pictures of the backs of the pins are included and show the missing hologram plus metal pin backs. (Wish I could post the pictures but don't know how).

It looks like the photos show two of the same low edition number pins in each photo - one pin facing up and the other facing down. I know they had at least two of the Dalmatian/Stitch LE 100 ("Disney Stitch & Dog)" pins that sold last month and now they have at least 2 more of the same pin for sale?? They probably have 2-300 of the same LE 100 pins - all without a hologram.

The sad part is that someone will end up buying them believing they have the real thing! :mad:

Hi,

Thank you so much for warning everyone.

I did see the Stitch with dog, and know exactly what pins you are talking about. He also has the Stitch with Pinocchio. It is terrible! I wonder if they are remaking these as counterfeits in China now or what?:sad:

I emailed the seller and asked if they had any with the hologram also if it comes with it's origional card. We'll see what they have to say.

As if getting the Stitch dalmatian (a holy grail of mine) wasn't hard enough, NOW I have to worry about fakes of it also!!:mad:

I just wish I had enough money to buy (waste) on these pins, have them verified as counterfeits then leave appropriate feedback! I know it wouldn't help much but this makes me sick! This seller knows exactly what he is doing -

report it to ebay, if enough people report the suspected pins something may be finally done. report it as infringment/ copyright issue. if 100 or more people are reporting it maybe they will look into it and pull the auctions.

report it to ebay, if enough people report the suspected pins something may be finally done. report it as infringment/ copyright issue. if 100 or more people are reporting it maybe they will look into it and pull the auctions.

I think that's what happened last time, which is why the seller is now making note of the missing hologram. Probably a way to say they are fake without actually coming out and saying it. So if ebay did go after them, they could be like "I made note that the Official Disney hologram was missing, therefore I never said the pin was authentic."

It really is sickening the people that are in these businesses to make counterfeits of stuff, that are fully aware that what they are doing is illegal and that they're okay with it.

Wow I got nervous that a few of mine might be fake as I bought them a few years ago on Ebay. I just checked and both of mine had the hologram. I never even knew they had holograms until last week. It's amazing what you can learn from all you Pin experts.

search eBay :"jessica baseball pin" and this should take you to these listings. This seller states in the title that it is a "Disney" pin but never claims it is a DA or Disney Auction pin although most of the pics show the gravel imprinted on the back of each pin plus the DA logo is visable and readable on the pics when enlarged.

The seller's actual item description is basically void except to say "described as pictured" and "official Disney Hologram missing". So, even though the seller never states in words that these pins are DA pins, he/she implys they are by saying they are "described as pictured". This seller also states that "more available please drop me a email" and gives the email address for contact (probably many, many more of the same pin!). However, I would be a little hesitant about linking to his email address because it could be loaded with anything (viruses or who knows what???).

Why not report it to eBay? I don't know that anything could be proved or done unless someone who actually buys complains...

I emailed the seller and offered $20 for the Jessica Pin. This is what they sent back. Although its missing its hologram, it is the original pin. At least 50USD/PC

I guess they are right its the original Fake pin.

Ok so they got back to me stating that " none of the Ariel pins have their hologram or card" I hate when people do this stuff!

Thank you for sharing! I actually had them on my watch list. They are removed now.

The really terrible thing about this situation is there are so many buyers who are not aware of this board PLUS the fact that these are such obvious counterfeits!
I'm going to report them soon, but first I think I'll purchase one of their pins...

So I emailed the seller saying I would purchase the Stitch with Dalmatian dog for $10 because I knew it was a counterfeit, and I stated that I knew all their other pins in their auctions were counterfeits as well. This is the response I got:

"Hello,
As we kept the pin not in good condition, that is why Hologram missing.
Some buyers bought it at 50USD, never said it was NOT an authentic version.
Moreover,it is impossible to get this rare pin? How can I copy it?
If one guy lost a leg in an accident, do you not think he is still a real man?"

I'm so dumbfounded by this reply, that I cannot even bring myself to respond back. Instead, I just reported all their auctions. Again.

Yet, I think I will respond. Asking him how many of these pins he currently has in possession. And how many he's sold. It'll be interesting to see if he knows how to add correctly.

How can I get 110PCS? Do you think I am superman?
I have sold 1PC
I mean other pins. Please think about in a good way

To: seller
Sent Date: 2011-02-19 15小時05分09秒

How many of this "impossible to get rare pin" do you have? Your auction states "more available, please drop me a email". How many have you sold? I would be interested in purchasing 110* of them if you could give me a discounted price.

*Was trying to see if he'd agree to the 110 Pins, as it's only limited to 100.

Woke up this morning to these 3 emails (all within 15 minutes) as replies to my last one stating that I was reporting their auctions as fraud:

#1: You should be very happy that I show the back of pins and note with Hologram missing.
I am indeed honest. I checked many Disney Pins and found no seller did the same as me.
How dare you say all pins on ebay with Hologram as it is?

#2:
You reported my auctions only because I dont sell it at $10.
Too abnormal

#3:
Thanks for your attention and time on my ebay store.You know more clearly than me.
I'd better give you a job as my ebay seller. How much is your salary??
I guess $10 per month is enough for you

:eek::crazy:

yes you can report any sale item to ebay. when you are looking at an individual item, on the right side under the seller info, ther is a link to report this item, click on the link and it will walk you thru the process.

If you do not know how to report items on ebay or to Disney, I am reposting instructions from my thread started about these scrapper pins when we first discovered them. The seller told us that he had received them directly from the factory so they could be real pins just not authentic.

Here are the two posts on reporting. If many of us report it then maybe they will start to listen.

If you think you have uncovered a fradulent listing on ebay then you can report it as well. Hopefully, if enough of us report our concerns ebay will look into these listings and pull the fradulent listings and/or seller(s).

To report an item on ebay you go to the listing and in the area to the right, under the sellers info area where it says Print |Report item
You enter the report item and just follow the instructions.

Here is how I reported it:
Once I entered the Report item, I then selected Reason for Report: counterfit and copyright violations.
Then under Detailed Reasons I selected potential trademark infringement.
Then under Additional Information I selected other replica or counterfit items.
Then hit Continue then you get to type in a brief description. You get 100 character to do so. (not enough in my opinion)

title_antipiracy.gif
keyline_dot.gif

spacer.gif
spacer.gif
The Walt Disney Company and its subsidiaries own the intellectual property rights to the characters, brands, titles and properties popularly associated with the Disney name and with Disney's affiliates. This includes a large number of titles, characters and other elements from Disney's television programs, feature-length motion pictures, animated productions, publications, games and music. Disney takes the enforcement of these rights very seriously. We protect these rights so that we can continue to provide quality entertainment that measures up to the standards that our audience has come to love and expect. We welcome reports of suspected infringement of any of these rights. Please direct reports to us via one of the following methods:

Email: tips@disneyantipiracy.com
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Voice Mail: 818-560-3300
spacer.gif
spacer.gif

Mail:The Walt Disney Company
spacer.gif
Antipiracy Group
spacer.gif
500 South Buena Vista Street
spacer.gif