• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

WDI Princesses and Princes on Thrill Rides pins

Status
Not open for further replies.
WDI Princesses and Princes on Thrill Rides pins

PrincessBecky

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Hey everyone! I know most of the WDI Princesses and Princes on Thrill Rides pins have been scrapped. I was just wondering if anyone knows how to tell the difference between the real ones and fake ones...or do they look exactly the same? And would the fake ones still come on the WDI backer card and packaging like the originals? I want to add these to my collection but won't be bidding/buying them on eBay if there is no way to tell the difference...

pin80446
pin80448
pin80467
pin80468
pin80469
pin80466

Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this will be any help at all, but I just received my Rapunzel/Flynn WDI pin from ebay and here's what it looks like:

Front:
front.jpg

Back:
back.jpg

The back says:
Walt Disney Imagineering
Imagineer Exclusive
Limited Edition 300
c Disney
China

Sorry the pictures aren't very clear, I took them with my cellphone. Appearance wise it's very detailed and Flynn does have pupils, something that pinpics says is missing in some pins. The back has sorcerer hats and no border, all the text is centered. I bought this before I knew about scrappers/counterfeits but i'm fairly certain that it's real. I hope this helps someone!

i have the originals a friend got for me directly from WDI....i'll have to look them over more carefully. The ones on ebay that don't have a card I would be very suspect of.

PrincessBecky - I have a Tiana and Aurora that I myself purchased directly from WDI - would be willing to sell or trade - pm me if interested. :0)

Hi Crystal,

The original post I made for this thread is back from December 2010, and I have actually acquired all of the pins from this series since I made that post so I no longer need these pins. I do appreciate the offer though! :)

I actually completely forgot about this post and should probably check my pins to see if they all look the same. I bought the Belle and Beast pin from eBay and the rest came from a multi-trade from someone who claimed to have bought them directly from WDI...so I will compare them and report back with my findings!

On another note...I checked the trade/ want ratios for these pins and there are still more people wanting than trading, and there aren't a ton of these pins being sold on eBay... which leads me to believe that if there are indeed scrappers for these pins, there is not an overflow of them. Perhaps it is one of those "pins that shouldn't have passed quality control were taken by factory workers and sold on the secondary market" scenarios?

If my speculation is true...there would really be no way to tell the "fakes" from the "real" pins. They would look the same, just some pins would be better looking quality-wise than others. But who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back