WDW Animation Celebration Event - Who's going?

Discussion in 'Pin Trading Gatherings' started by swscref, Apr 24, 2018.

1. TheMickeyMouseRules

TheMickeyMouseRules Cat Expert Mouse Authority and Paperfolder

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Ooo… finding AP versions of last years LIAA mystery set chasers... those would be good finds on the boards.

slbrabham, swscref and hopemax like this.
  2. hopemax

hopemax DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I tried to pull up your wants/trades...but all I'm getting this evening is Database Error (Chinese character version). It's rare, my Dad doesn't have something on somebody's list (aside from last year's attendees who I traded with and tried to zero out the list).

3. jprincess

jprincess Active Member

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0

I looked at the rules but found them a bit confusing. Do you think zucca bags will be allowed this year?

4. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

I have a few things on your wants list, but didn't find any matches otherwise. Does your Dad share your account or have another one? Check my account and see and maybe we can work something out if I have anything he needs. I head out at 4AM tomorrow and do have most of my pins, but not all.

5. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

My Dad’s account is SorcerorMulan. He has a few Halloween pins but I traded a bunch last year so I don’t know if what is left is something you need.

6. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Looks like I have 27 pins he is looking for, but I didn't find any matches. I will have maybe half of them with me and will not have time to find and pack the others, unfortunately. Maybe we can figure something out at the show. Aren't you from Colorado?

7. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Just 2 more days till the trading tables open!

8. maiarebecca

maiarebecca Active Member

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0

LESS THAN TWO DAYS!!!! SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

I mean, “that’s cool. Whatever.”

TheMickeyMouseRules, swscref and Ajk like this.
  9. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

Knock on wood, Pinpics was working for me. Enough to find out that my Dad ha 2 pins you want, and I have 2 pins you want. And even though your trade list is small, there are actually 7 pins (technically 8, but one I want the whole boxed set, not just a single) we would be interested in (although not all of them are on my main wants list). So maybe we can work something out too.

10. xdattax

xdattax Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

Oh? I’m bringing all of my traders (not that many, theyall fit in the small Jack pinbag) so we can see what’s up. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Two days until I see friends and meet new ones!

TiggerSue likes this.
  12. Tds

Tds Member

Rating - 100%
    16   0   0

I will be there!
    Haven't been actively trading for almost a year, as I have been discouraged by the significant increases in prices over the last year.
    Last event I was at was the Dark Tales release - Thanks to Starry Solo, trading on those boards was a lot of fun!

chubs191 and Ajk like this.
  13. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Looking forward to seeing you! :)

14. swscref

swscref Active Member

Rating - 100%
    19   0   0

Updated. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

15. Ajk

Ajk Not so new anymore.

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0

Just 1 more day until all the fun starts!

maiarebecca likes this.
  16. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

I really have to get our books together. Mine just need the traders I’ve picked up here. Mystery pins and a few others. But I’ve got a lot to do with my Dad’s the bag I thought was done, I guess I traded more from than I thought so now I need to refill.

17. Chaos Cent

Chaos Cent DPF Charter Member DPF Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Can't wait until tomorrow. As pinpics is still down for me I will have to rely on memory as to what I have/want. :)

18. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Just 1 more day until we party, party, party!

Its going to be a blur of a weekend!

Ajk likes this.
  19. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

So what’s everyone doing tomorrow? I’m hoping to get there for registration early, then what? I’m sure by the time I’m done with registration and whatever else happens it’ll be lunch time and company for chow would be spiffy.

20. hopemax

Rating - 100%
    169   0   0

We will be heading over after grabbing lunch somewhere near my Dad's house. I assume we will be getting to Coronado Springs about 12:45, and then have to wait in line for Registration. I am assuming we will be at a table by 2:00. I would love to have a table buddy. My introverteness is starting to take over and my anxiety is rising. So friends are good! Our friend is arriving at a late afternoon flight, so when she gets to Pop Century my Dad will run and get her, but I'll likely be staying at the event (assuming trading is good). Which means I'll be there until the end.

Organizing update, I have my pins ready to go. Baggies with pre-trades with @TheMickeyMouseRules and @Booger1964. Baggies with pins pulled that match Pinpics wants for @khossler, @Ajk and @xdattax to finalize and check for trades. My Dad's binder and large bag are done. Smaller bag, I have 2 pages to fill with HMs I think are good or are at least interesting enough for people to check. We have quite a few old completer pins and board pins and Family Decals (including one pig) we know to be good, and things like old Fastpass Hidden Mickeys that I am pretty sure are good.

Ajk and khossler like this.
  21. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

We’re going to have to start an Ear thread so we can all see what Mickey eats we’ll have on to identify ourselves for those who haven’t met in real life.

I’d start, but I’m at the damned Ford dealership in freaking Hialeah getting a damned screw out of possibly the sidewall of the tire on my car. I swear, I there’s a screw anywhere in Florida on a road I’ll find it with my tires. Can’t drive to Orlando with a tire that won’t hold air

I’ve had more nails and screws in this car’s two sets of tires than in 11 years with my Focus.

khossler likes this.
  22. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

I’m usually a pretty outgoing person but I’m glad to see I’m not the only one that has rising anxiety about this! I’m pretty much a nervous nelly about this whole thing lol! Once I get settled in I’m sure I’ll be fine but getting to that point is gonna kill me!

23. khossler

khossler Moana and Toy Story Collector!

Rating - 100%
    14   0   0

This is a great idea!!!!!! A new thread or just post it in this thread?

24. TheMickeyMouseRules

Rating - 100%
    71   0   0

Trying to remember my first wdw trading event. I focused on board trading. Did go back to the trade room much at all and only was in the event area for ~3-4 hours each day.

Buying the mystery sets has been a fun activity each year. They are really easy to trade and complete your set.

Ajk likes this.
  25. xdattax

Rating - 100%
    56   0   0

I started a thread with a mirror selfie.

khossler likes this.