• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whoa. I just checked now. I was charged for the pre-order, too. No emails about it being shipped, though. This answers my question as to if the Disney Store was planning on deliveries on March 28th, or shipping on March 28th. I wonder if it's region based as to when they will ship it, I live on the east coast so maybe in another day or so :)

Yup, my order just shipped, too. It's a lot easier for them to ship these dolls, because the dolls are sent from the factory already packed in the sturdy shipper boxes that the Disney Store in turn uses to send to us. So all the Disney Store essentially has to do is slap a shipping label on the box with our addresses on them and send the doll out. Other items like the Designer dolls were placed within another box, verified for accuracy, sealed, and then shipped (except for Designer Cinderella through Designer Snow White if you happened to buy two of the same doll in the same order, which were therefore also stored in the warhouse and sent to the buyer in their factory shipper boxes).

Last edited:
I didn't get my shipping notice yet, but I also live on the East Coast so it must be based on region. Sooo excited though, I can't wait to see everyone's pictures :)

Got charged last night too, no shipping notice though but getting pretty excited. :D
Hearing about the "sturdy shipper boxes" has made me feel a bit relieved too considering how far she's got to go haha.

Yes, if the box for Wedding Rapunzel is the same type as the one they used for the LE Queen of Hearts doll, then then cardboard should be rather thick and sturdy to protect the doll during shipping. :)

By the way, can anyone explain why some of the eBay listings for the 17" LE Wedding Rapunzel doll have actually been selling for prices up to $199.99? Unless the buyers live in countries that will not be selling the doll and shipping direct from DS.com to them is not an option, it strikes me as very odd considering that she is still availalbe from the source at cost. I've seen this same trend with collector Barbie dolls before as well... Or maybe these buyers only shop on eBay and are not aware that DS.com is an option?

Yes, if the box for Wedding Rapunzel is the same type as the one they used for the LE Queen of Hearts doll, then then cardboard should be rather thick and sturdy to protect the doll during shipping. :)

By the way, can anyone explain why some of the eBay listings for the 17" LE Wedding Rapunzel doll have actually been selling for prices up to $199.99? Unless the buyers live in countries that will not be selling the doll and shipping direct from DS.com to them is not an option, it strikes me as very odd considering that she is still availalbe from the source at cost. I've seen this same trend with collector Barbie dolls before as well... Or maybe these buyers only shop on eBay and are not aware that DS.com is an option?

I am sure it will be the same box as they have used the same one for all the previously released dolls.

As for the ebay listings this happens a lot with almost all items on DS.com (some sellers don't even have the item themselves rather they order from Disney when they sell it on ebay and then have Disney ship directly to the buyer) When you used to be able to email the buyers and see who won the auction on ebay I would email them and tell them hey next time check out ds.com you could have saved yourself a ton, but can't do that anymore on ebay since the privacy thing went into effect. A lot of people see it, gotta have it now and don't even shop around. I always do a google search to see if an item I see on ebay is cheaper somewhere else before buying there.

On another note was anybody able to get the shipping charges reversed since it should have been free shipping since the dolls were over $75

I saw those too & I couldn't believe it! I wouldn't spend that much money without shopping around first. The only conclusion I could come to was that they must live in another country & can't get it shipped directly to them from DS.com

On another note was anybody able to get the shipping charges reversed since it should have been free shipping since the dolls were over $75

We emailed the day after we originally ordered and they took the shipping charges off of our order. It's worth sending them an email to find out :)

I got an email from the ds.com saying my order was shipped too! I'm in the eastcoast BTW.

Update: I just checked the tracking number and it says my doll should be delivered on MONDAY! I'm so excited!!!! Is anyone else getting the doll before the store release date?

Last edited:
I got an email from the ds.com saying my order was shipped too! I'm in the eastcoast BTW.

Update: I just checked the tracking number and it says my doll should be delivered on MONDAY! I'm so excited!!!! Is anyone else getting the doll before the store release date?
Wow, you are so lucky! My order was shipped by Disney yesterday, received by the UPS in Memphis today, is scheduled to get to me on Wednesday, March 28th, the release day. So they timed my shipment perfectly. LOL.

Got my shipping confirmation now as well :D I don't know when it will arrive though.

I didn't even realize it was this close to coming out, I've been so focused on obsessing over the Hunger Games movie :lol:

Ughhh, seems like a lot of people are now getting their shipping confirmation on the east coast. I haven't gotten any notice yet, and I've been checking my email a lot more lately..haha.
Maybe because I didn't preorder her until 3 weeks ago? First come, first serve? Oh, I'll just keep my fingers crossed for tomorrow!

Someone who purchased one of these asked about returning, because she ended up with two....we will end up with two as well. Well someone else mentioned that limited edition items could not be returned....huh...is that true?
Oh, and I checked my tracking and it says it's due here by end of day tomorrow.

Last edited:
Wow, Celias! I'm impressed that they would ship your doll so that you will get her on Monday, two days prior to release date! It's like you're getting the VIP treatment! :) My UPS tracking info also says that she will arrive by end of the day on Wednesday. At least it will be the same as release day.

I have just seen that the LE Wedding Rapunzel will be going on sale on the UK store from midnight on 28th. Still no word on the price and it seems my closest store wont be one of the selected ones to receive them. Hopefully they will stick around a while online (like with the US pre-sales) to give everyone a chance to get her. I wonder how many of the dolls are allocated to the UK?

the UK price is a shocking £75!! Disney said yesterday....i think its awful, the uk price has gone up from previously £60 on other le 17" dolls, to £75!!!! Having 2nd thoughts about ordering, not happy :(

Someone who purchased one of these asked about returning, because she ended up with two....we will end up with two as well. Well someone else mentioned that limited edition items could not be returned....huh...is that true?
Oh, and I checked my tracking and it says it's due here by end of day tomorrow.

I believe that the Wedding Rapunzel LE doll is not refundable.

the UK price is a shocking £75!! Disney said yesterday....i think its awful, the uk price has gone up from previously £60 on other le 17" dolls, to £75!!!! Having 2nd thoughts about ordering, not happy :(
I think it's absolutely disgusting that Disney did this. I won't be getting her now as I have to draw the line somewhere. Disney get enough of my money as it is, charging an extra £15 for the UK is downright nasty.:mad:

Update: Looks like Disney gave out the wrong price, they say she will be £60 in the UK now! Yipee, I no longer have to rant :hsd:

Last edited:
I think it's absolutely disgusting that Disney did this. I won't be getting her now as I have to draw the line somewhere. Disney get enough of my money as it is, charging an extra £15 for the UK is downright nasty.:mad:

Update: Looks like Disney gave out the wrong price, they say she will be £60 in the UK now! Yipee, I no longer have to rant :hsd:

I had to agree, but have also seen their wall post stating that the price has magically come back down to the normal £60 - coincidence? I think not. I think theyve seen all the negative comments about the UK price getting pushed up again, I would not have bought her if £75! I don't get why they said this price initially?? We pay enough for our disney stuff, disney just trying to cash in again! Happy the price is back down :D

If she will be £60, as of today, the US equivalent is roughly USD $95, which is not bad at all! That's even slightly cheaper than the US price of USD $99.50, so hopefully that will be the case for all the UK buyers. £75 right now is roughly USD $119...

Any idea why the dolls are not returnable? I don't remember seeing anything that stated they were final sale or I wouldn't have chanced ending up with two! My mom ordered online as well in case I couldn't get through.

Anyway, our girl arrived today - not sure if my mom's arrived. We would sell her at our cost if we can't return her....would that be cheaper than what you guys in the UK are paying? Sorry I don't know the conversion.

rap2.jpg

rap1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back