• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wedding Editin Rapunzel doll...
My Wedding Rapunzel arrived yesterday afternoon...she is SO pretty!

The ONLY thing that bothers me is the front piece of her hair that sweeps in front of her face is very "crunchy", like they put hair gel on it to keep it slicked back. When I try to rearrange it, it goes directly back to where it was because of the "gel". But it doesn't really look bad, the front part is just slightly separated from the rest of her hair.

Her dress and veil are absolutely gorgeous! I would love to take her out of the box and see her veil in it's full glory, but I want to keep her "new in box" so other people's pictures of her de-boxed will have to do. :)

I too was shocked at how big these dolls actually are. I was a little worried that I might not like the larger size, as the only dolls I have ever bought are the 12" "Barbie" size, but it really doesn't bother me at all. Now that I have one of these dolls I want to collect more! I am now contemplating selling some pins and buying Snow White and Blonde Rapunzel...if I can find them for decent prices. :)

My Wedding Rapunzel arrived yesterday afternoon...she is SO pretty!

The ONLY thing that bothers me is the front piece of her hair that sweeps in front of her face is very "crunchy", like they put hair gel on it to keep it slicked back. When I try to rearrange it, it goes directly back to where it was because of the "gel". But it doesn't really look bad, the front part is just slightly separated from the rest of her hair.

Her dress and veil are absolutely gorgeous! I would love to take her out of the box and see her veil in it's full glory, but I want to keep her "new in box" so other people's pictures of her de-boxed will have to do. :)

I too was shocked at how big these dolls actually are. I was a little worried that I might not like the larger size, as the only dolls I have ever bought are the 12" "Barbie" size, but it really doesn't bother me at all. Now that I have one of these dolls I want to collect more! I am now contemplating selling some pins and buying Snow White and Blonde Rapunzel...if I can find them for decent prices. :)

I think that the "crunchy" hair might be able to be combed/brushed out to loosen the styling product they used, depending on what they actually put in her hair, but then again if that is done, the doll won't exactly be 100% NIB... When my doll arrives, I plan on freeing her bangs, so I'll let you know how that goes. :) I am really looking forward to DRJ1828's photos of her deboxed!

I know what you mean about the 17" dolls. I was so resistant before about getting such a large doll, but once you get one, you just want to get more! The details that they can put on these larger costumes are fantastic! 17" LE Blonde Rapunzel and Snow White are divine, but as you said, if you can find them at reasonable prices... For Snow White, I would factor spending no less than $400-$500, though she often sells on eBay for a little more (mine was definitely more). Blonde Rapunzel's price is peaking now at around $200, but I think that is due to Wedding Rapunzel's release, so interest (and prices) for 17" LE Disney dolls are up right now on the secondary market.

today was the french release of the doll. I went to Paris at the Champs elysées store to take my doll. here is my pretty little doll

dscf2414.jpg
dscf2413.jpg

Mine was just dropped off by UPS! I just opened her and I'm in love. She's unbelievably gorgeous. She's my first 17" LE doll, but I have a feeling she's not going to be my last. Now there's just a problem of where to put them, lol. I don't even really have much space for her at the moment, but once I find a nice display case for my other collectibles, I think I'm going to debox her and put her on display. I have to say, I'm really impressed..I can't even find a single imperfection on mine, and I'm really picky about that sort of thing. Even her box is stunning!

pupuce, I noticed your Rapunzel has super short lashes that look trimmed them before the realease.

Mine just came today, too. She had a little mustache so I had to open her to rub it off, but I didn't understand how to put the plastic cover back on and I ended up cracking the top left corner. :sad: The top cardboard piece covers up what I did, thankfully; however, I feel terrible about it. I have awful OCD about the box being perfect. Also, my LE blonde Rapunzel arrived today, too. I love, love, love her.

Last edited:
yes my version of the doll has short lashes. I've seen pics of the doll with higer eyes lashes. I know there are two versions . mu number doll is 6530

I ended up getting two, one online and one in-store, so that I could open one and still keep one boxed (since all of my other LE dolls are still comfy in their boxes). But seeing promo photos of her dress and veil, I knew I had to take one out. I know DRJ1828 will take beautiful de-boxed photos, so I just want to share one:

A corset back! It's little details like this that don't get appreciated when they remain packaged. :D

I ended up getting two, one online and one in-store, so that I could open one and still keep one boxed (since all of my other LE dolls are still comfy in their boxes). But seeing promo photos of her dress and veil, I knew I had to take one out. I know DRJ1828 will take beautiful de-boxed photos, so I just want to share one:

A corset back! It's little details like this that don't get appreciated when they remain packaged. :D

Amazingly beautiful detailing! Thanks for sharing, Kristin!

My doll arrived this evening. She is #6043 and has the longer eyelashes like the first 17" LE Rapunzel doll. Luckily, her bangs already came as I wanted them (i.e. not pushed back away from her face). I did have a chance to touch her hair and I do believe that a few swipes with a doll comb or brush would easily loosen up her hair to style more naturally. The styling product that they used is not that strong or glue-like. It is interesting that the box is definitely a more ivory color to contrast with the regular 17" LE Princess doll boxes so far (Snow White, Tiana, Belle, and Blonde Rapunzel), which are in boxes of a pure white color.

Btw, the USA DS.com website now lists the doll as sold out! It finally happened, and on release day, too...

Last edited:
i got my tangled wedding rapunzels today too...yay...got 2 from online and picked one from the store (i tried to cancel the online orders, but was told too late as they had processed them already)...love them both though....i got both a shorter eyelashes from the store and the longer lashes from online. fortunately my sister in law offered to buy my xtra rapunzel.

not sure if it's just me or what, but i noticed the longer, curlier eyelashes...makes her look a little different, her face looks sweeter, more innocent, softer. they're both beautiful though. beautiful doll, beautiful dress, the details on her dress and the doll really exceeded my expectations (except the painted on wedding ring, a bit bummed about that). but otherwise, gorgeous doll and excellent addition to my 17" princess collection.

i'm glad to hear everyone having positive experiences with this release. the hardest part was the waiting!!!

i have been lurking for a while (again) and have tremendously been enjoying everyone's pictures. i was brave enough just to take out the plastic cover to look at her and the numbers #509 & #1710, but not brave enough to actually take her out of her box completely. i tried to peek to see if she had shoes on or not, but her dressed is on tight, not enough room to peek under her dress...

now, i can't wait for cinderella...

I too got a wedding edition Rapunzel doll .. well two really, I picked mine up at the mad rush of the store this morning (yes even with all of the 25th anniversary things going on)

I really think that is why it is sold out on the website, I mean who wouldn't enjoy 25% off of a doll like this.

I also braved the front and 'opened' my dolls just so I could see what numbers they were, I was extremely surprised by the numbers I got very low editions of 0041 and 0079 one was from the disney store in person and the other is from the disney store online.

(I'm hoping I can 'trade' for a mother gothel doll)

My friend and I picked up ours today. I got three, one to trade for Belle hopefully, one to keep, and one for her to open. I got two with the longer lashes, one with short, and she got one with long. I definitely prefer the longer lashes because they seem to fit her more, and I also think it only makes sense for this Rapunzel to match the other Rapunzel. Having two different versions of her with two different eyelashes doesn't seem to make much sense to me. I was surprised to find out that all of the stores in my city sold every single doll during the pre-sale. I was expecting her to be available for a while longer like the other ones, however I am not too surprised at the same time because of the doll craze started by the designer dolls.

I received mine this morning and was not happy about what looks like a box cutter slit on the back down 1/3 on the right edge, all across the bottom edge and half way up the left side edge. Cut went through the outer shipping box and Rapunzel's outer display box too. Rapunzel was undamaged as was the inner plastic cover and the inner back display area. Outer box is the original one that came from the factory, but looks like it went to the Memphis warehouse before being shipped out.

Last edited:
I'm glad to see so many photos of deboxed Rapunzel. I do not have nearly the guts to take any of my dolls out of the box ever since I ripped Jasmine's (Designer Doll) certificate of authenticity :( I'm scarred for life haha. Oh and I got the short lash version! =).

That's beautiful! I'm not done deboxing my Rapunzel yet, but I'm going to post some photos of her boxed and with the outer and inner box lids removed.

LE Wedding Rapunzel Boxed

The Disney Store's Limited Edition 17'' Tangled Ever After Rapunzel Wedding Doll was available for pre-order online and instore on February 21, 2012. This doll was pre-ordered instore on February 21, and was picked up at my local Disney Store on March 28, 2012. She is #1081 out of an edition of 8000. The CM at the Disney Store let me keep the front cover of the folded card that held the sales receipt/voucher for the doll. The store kept the voucher and the back cover of the holder.

She is a 17'' doll with an elaborate wedding gown and veil, and a jeweled crown. The gown has an ivory satin bodice with gold sun and floral embroidery, and white lace and gold trim. The skirt is silver satin with an ivory printed sun and floral pattern and gold trim, and bedecked with faux pearls. There is a full underskirt of purple satin with a gold printed sun and floral pattern, with white lace on the bottom. The veil is oversized and is two layered white tulle, with a softer, thinner layer underneath a stiffer coarser layer with a magnificient solar and floral glittering gold pattern.

She is a fully articulated doll, including poseable hands. She has a painted gold ring on the ring finger of her left hand. Her head mold and face painting are the same as the previous blonde haired LE 17'' Rapunzel from the Disney Store. However, her hair is short and brown, as she wore for her wedding in Tangled Ever After, and not long and blonde as she was until near the end of the first Tangled movie. Her eyelashes are rooted, but come in two lengths. This doll has the shorter length, straight eyelashes, that are similar to those depicted in the promo images. Other dolls in this same release have very long curvy lashes that are similar, but not quite as long, as the blonde long haired 17'' LE Rapunzel.

Once I fully debox her, I will find what other features the doll has, that are hidden by the way she is posed in the box.

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Full Front View With Voucher Holder by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Midrange Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Midrange Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Boxed - Rear View - Closeup of Box Notes by drj1828, on Flickr

LE Wedding Rapunzel - Deboxing Part 1

The LE Wedding Rapunzel with the outer, then the inner box lids removed. We can then see more of her, more clearly, and from more angles.

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Inner Box - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Full Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Midrange Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Portrait Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Closeup Front View #1 by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Closeup of Left Hand With Wedding Ring by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - Certificate of Authenticity - Outside View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Midrange Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Portrait Right Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Right Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Full Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Midrange Left Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Portrait Left Front View #2 by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxing - In Diorama - Left Side View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - In Diorama - Posing with Deboxed 17'' LE Mother Gothel and Blonde Rapunzel Dolls - Full Front View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - In Diorama - Posing with Deboxed 17'' LE Mother Gothel and Blonde Rapunzel Dolls - Midrange Wide Angle View by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxed - Her Poseable Feet

I'm skipping a few steps and showing photos of the LE Wedding Rapunzel's most amazing new and hidden feature. That is her fully poseable feet! She is the first doll in the 17'' LE series with ankle joints. In fact, I don't know any other Disney doll with poseable feet. The 12'' and 6'' Rapunzel dolls have ankles that flex, but they don't hold a pose since they aren't jointed. In their normal attitude they are pointed down, as if they are to wear high heels, even though the regular Rapunzel dolls are barefoot. With poseable feet, this Wedding Rapunzel can either wear flats (as she does from the factory) or high heals with equal ease. In fact, I tried the 17'' LE Snow White's shoes and the 17'' LE Mother Gothel's shoes on Rapunzel, and they both fit nice and snugly. With her flat shoes, Rapunzel can stand stably on her own on a hard flat surface. Here are closeups of Rapunzel's feet in various poses, showing their articulation:

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxed - Her Poseable Feet - Tilted Down by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxed - Her Poseable Feet - Straight Ahead And Level by drj1828, on Flickr

Limited Edition 17'' Rapunzel Wedding Doll - Deboxed - Her Poseable Feet - Turned Sideways by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Doll Group Portrait #3

Group portraits of a sampling of the posable dolls produced by Disney of the main Tangled and Tangled Ever After characters. Namely, Mother Gothel, Rapunzel and Flynn Rider. I chose one representative doll of each size and character. Not included are the 17'' singing and 16'' toddler Rapunzel dolls.
The newly acquired 17'' LE Wedding Rapunzel joins the group.

The dolls are arranged as follows:
Rear Row: 17'' LE Mother Gothel, Wedding Rapunzel and Blonde Rapunzel
Middle Row: 12'' Mother Gothel, Groom Flynn, Bride Rapunzel, Classic Rapunzel
Bottom Row: 6'' Mother Gothel, Groom Flynn, Bride Rapunzel, Classic Rapunzel

Disney Tangled Doll Group Portrait #3 - Full View - 17'', 12'' and 6'' Dolls by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Doll Group Portrait #3 - Full View #2 - 17'', 12'' and 6'' Dolls by drj1828, on Flickr

Disney Tangled Doll Group Portrait #3 - 17'', 12'' and 6'' Wedding Dolls by drj1828, on Flickr

I took my doll out of the box this evening, she looks sooo much nicer ...

531826_326526174073561_287638184629027_914464_2091483961_n.jpg

I have loads more piccys on my dolly blog if any of you are interested ;o)

DRJ1828 - is the right stone missing from the tiara on your doll?

6879698528_d6e2f85dc1_z.jpg

I think that's just the effects from the light of the lamp in the room? I love the design of the crown, but I'm kind of disappointed that the part that should be metal really looks like colored plastic. I had higher hopes for the crown.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back