• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

VINYL Weight of each Frozen vinyl figure Mystery Blind Box.

VINYL Weight of each Frozen vinyl figure Mystery Blind Box.

Olaugh

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone!

My message pertains to the Frozen vinyl figures inside the Funko mystery blind boxes. I am looking to find out how much (ounces or grams) each figure weighs without the box and how much the box weighs please? Anybody have that information or know where I can find it please? Thank you.

I cannot help in any way, shape or form but I love this post. It's actually a pretty clever thing.

I'd personally be concerned about such a list existing because that will make it that much easier for people who bring postage scales and weigh boxes in-store to figure out what is in each box, in order to scoop up all the rares or sought-after characters and leave the "junky" ones behind.

I didn't think about that. I was thinking I would want one of each character and to not buy more than I would have to.

Better to weigh them than rip one open to get a peak inside. Besides for some of the figures, weighing is not necessary. For example, the two marshmallow big monster ones are the heaviest or one can just shake the box. I am not exactly breaking new ground. But I do get where you are coming from on this issue. That is why I surprised they were not packaged in such a way where weight and rattling were not factors. But that would increase prices I suppose.

But weighing them in a store is not illegal. Might be frowned by the store owner or manager, but not illegal. Collectors have been trying to get around or find loopholes in the rules long before I was born and they will still be doing it long after we all are worm food.

But I am still going to go ahead with the information gathering.

Fyi.....................What I meant by going to go ahead with the information gathering, I just meant lets see if anyone contributes. Ss

I doubt anyone would contribute.

Why don't you take a scale to the store and weigh them yourself? Then buy all the different weights and track which figure is in which box?

They say, "If you're not cheating, you're not trying." Not my motto or way of doing things. Olaugh sounds more like a reseller trying to cheat the system, rather than collector. Try playing (buying) fair. Mystery box packaging is supposed to surprize and delight you, not to cheat others out of potentially getting a harder to find or more valuable figure, pin, etc.

Back