• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Went to Disney, came home with a new hobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Disney, came home with a new hobby!

Aaryana

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
As it seems to be the case for many, I went to Disney World and came home with a love for pins! I had to be in Orlando for a job interview and decided to spend a couple days at Disney. I hadn't been for about 15 years, so it was sort of like seeing it for the first time! At MNSSHP, I discovered the event pins. Then I picked up a couple extras. I really wished I'd bought more once I got home, so I started searching online to see what pin collecting and trading is all about. I have no idea what pins I will collect just yet. It will probably be a mess of things I enjoy. Some of my favorite Disney movies are Brave, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story trilogy, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Wreck-it Ralph. I'll likely collect pins with those characters. My favorite Disney attractions are Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and 7 Dwarves Mine Train. I'll probably collect pins from attractions I like, resorts I visit, and commemorative pins such as the ones I got at MNSSHP.

Other things about me... I am a medical student and will be a surgeon in about 8 months. I'm a lifetime collector of American Girl dolls. I also enjoy Lego, Disney classic dolls, and a few others. I have a sweet Yorkie named Lexie, who is only 2 lbs fully grown.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new addiction. I must add that you have a made a fine selection with your first pins. :halloween:

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new addiction. I must add that you have a made a fine selection with your first pins. :halloween:

Thanks! I admit, I'm a sucker for event exclusives and the like. I know I'll never get the majority of the LE pins though because I'm in Kentucky and have no hope of being at Disney at the right time to get a pin. Oh well. I can still enjoy the ones I do have. I also picked up the Caribbean Beach Resort pin, the Anna in her coronation dress, and Elsa in her snow queen dress.

If you like the MNSSHP pins, I quite a few of the old ones from most years as traders. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Welcome to DPF and the magical wonderful world of Disney pins!! :wavey: They are little pieces of art that you can display or wear or just take out and ooh and aah over, lol! If you're interested in trading or even purchasing other pins, you can always check out the "DPF Market Place" where you will find lots of people posting Disney pins for trade and for sale. :eek2: Also, congrats on your accomplishments in the medical field! Becoming a doctor and now a surgeon is really something!! :rock: Wishing you great success in your pin collecting! :x:

As it seems to be the case for many, I went to Disney World and came home with a love for pins! I had to be in Orlando for a job interview and decided to spend a couple days at Disney. I hadn't been for about 15 years, so it was sort of like seeing it for the first time! At MNSSHP, I discovered the event pins. Then I picked up a couple extras. I really wished I'd bought more once I got home, so I started searching online to see what pin collecting and trading is all about. I have no idea what pins I will collect just yet. It will probably be a mess of things I enjoy. Some of my favorite Disney movies are Brave, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story trilogy, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Wreck-it Ralph. I'll likely collect pins with those characters. My favorite Disney attractions are Haunted Mansion, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, and 7 Dwarves Mine Train. I'll probably collect pins from attractions I like, resorts I visit, and commemorative pins such as the ones I got at MNSSHP.

Other things about me... I am a medical student and will be a surgeon in about 8 months. I'm a lifetime collector of American Girl dolls. I also enjoy Lego, Disney classic dolls, and a few others. I have a sweet Yorkie named Lexie, who is only 2 lbs fully grown.

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Same happened to me!

Best,
Magpie812

Welcome to DPF! Lots of helpful people and information here. It sounds like you're off to a good start on a very fun (and very addictive) hobby! :) Good luck on the job that you interviewed for!

-George

Thanks, everyone! I have a total of 14 interviews, and I won't find out where I'll go until March 20th. But, I'd love to be a little closer to Disney! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back