• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What am I supposed to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What am I supposed to do?

Happy Haunt

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Just figured out I have some scrappers, its actually bothered me quite a lot and I just don't know what to do with them. A friend gave me some of them not knowing they were scrappers and one of them I bought from eBay.
When you guys figure out you have a scrapper; what do you do with it? Am I just supposed to throw it away or something? I probably won't get rid of them until I talk to my friend about it though. But I just feel kinda bad even having them around...

i was thinking the same thing and i have gotten some good ideas on here, craft wise because some of the scrappers are cute....you could snap off the post and hot glue them onto a cheap wood frame and put a disney vacation pic inside, or give as a gift to a disney fan--thats what im thinkin.

Interesting. Not sure what I'm going to do but guess I'll figure something out. Thanks for the replies and suggestions! It seems quite difficult to avoid scrappers; hopefully I won't come across too many.

If you get too many, I suggest doing a small project like doing an art shadowbox such as the ones they sell at the parks. At the moment, I use a few as Tack-pins such as holding up calenders.

Last edited:
I keep a few for reference and comparison purposes, but on the whole I like to get rid of them so I can clear my mind and forget I received it!

I have a harder time figuring out what to do with the ones I think might be scrappers, but just can't be sure. I have a small depressing pile of them sitting at home. I really need to give them away or something.

Wish I had known that Judy, I just threw out about 10 SCRAPPERS . I like the idea of breaking off the post and gluing them to a frame . The only one I kept was the Tinkerbell lollipop because it's cute .

We make Light Switch Covers out of them. Just buy the generic light switch covers from your local hardware store. Break off the backs, hot glue them to the blank light switch cover and clear coat them when you are done. They look great and we have them on all of our Light Switches. It takes 8 to 10 for single light switch and 16 to 20 for doubles.

Wow some pretty creative ideas of what to do with these. o_O

I'm still not completely certain if all the ones I suspect are scrappers... but I'd rather not use them in trades just in case.

I like the collage frame idea. Going to have to start putting a pile together and making a frame. Think that could come out pretty awesome!

I think I should check through more of my pins just to make sure. I'm going to be more careful from now on when buying online.

I pin them onto bags :) so when im out people can see cool disney pins that they would have never seen and if I lose it, oh well it doesnt mean anything :)

I keep for reference purposes as well. It is nice to know what the pin should NOT look like when you get another pin from that set or whatever. I do like the magnet and light switch ideas though!

I remember someone was putting those crap eurodisney Kodak pins on the lanyards in Manchester so when I saw them I traded for them and binned them lol I know they were not scrappers just those pins looked awful XD

Ive threw away scrappers before if my friends dont like them. Ive got a few scrappers in my collection and I purposely bought them as I couldnt get the real ones to save my life as I never intend to trade the ones I bought away so I thought it doesnt matter lol (the DA100 Stitch with copper and stitch with dodger are the two scrapper pins but you wouldnt know)

I throw them out, didn't know that there was any use for them at the time. One of the Charter members here uses them as a way to motivate her special needs students, which I think is wonderful. If you are interested, PM me and I'll send her name.

I love these ideas!! So creative. I'm with tiggermickey, send them this way if you are just gonna pitch them. My kids would love to make things with them. They have name badges they have to wear at school, but i won't let them use the pins we got while on vacation, I don't want them lost. That would be a good way they can show Disney pride but no biggie if they lose them. Oh and the magnets!!! Holy crap I would have a fridge covered if I could!! Ok so now I want to look for scrappers just for crafty ideas. The ideas are flowing now!! I've made decorative boxes for family for Christmas, they would be cute to put on those!!! I love this forum! SO many ideas now, and not enough pins to do it...woohoo!!!!:hsd::wiggle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back