• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What are the chances of the DS continuing their Disney Film Doll Collection with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances of the DS continuing their Disney Film Doll Collection with...

Shivatopia

Aeon of Macalania
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
The Lone Ranger?!? It is the Disney live-action summer-release film for this year and they are not shy about advertising promo pics of the actors in social media... Also, as it has been previously mentioned, the "Disney Film Collection" title for the Oz dolls seems to imply that there will be more live-action film based dolls in the future, the most obvious future choice being for the Maleficent film. True, The Lone Ranger would techinically be a "boy" movie, harking back to the Wild West, but I think that the DS might be rethinking who is buying these collectible dolls, including celebrity-linked dolls. Certainly if the DS does not make them, I would not be surprised if another company swoops in and makes some (Mattel, etc.). Is there even interest for anyone here in seeing dolls for this film? Discuss!

557870_10151399172390954_1551718758_n.jpg

533596_10151399172475954_1442356778_n.jpg

604077_10151399172455954_690710279_n.jpg

58509_10151399172460954_817804507_n.jpg

Last edited:
I definitely think Disney will release dolls for the movie except they will probably call them action figures. :D

But I can't see why they would release dolls, they generally tend to capitalise on the movies by releasing an abundance of merchandise. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were to release some sort of doll/action figure. They did for John Carter last year even though it wasn't the best.

i am curious though. You refer to this Disney Film Collection, is this an actual new line that Disney is starting or it is based on an old line (I.e dolls based on live action characters) that Disney just rebranded. Just that I always thought Disney made dolls on characters from their movies? But then again I don't really follow the live action dolls so I am not 100% sure and am just going of of my memory. LOL

I definitely think Disney will release dolls for the movie except they will probably call them action figures. :D

But I can't see why they would release dolls, they generally tend to capitalise on the movies by releasing an abundance of merchandise. So I wouldn't be surprised if they were to release some sort of doll/action figure. They did for John Carter last year even though it wasn't the best.

i am curious though. You refer to this Disney Film Collection, is this an actual new line that Disney is starting or it is based on an old line (I.e dolls based on live action characters) that Disney just rebranded. Just that I always thought Disney made dolls on characters from their movies? But then again I don't really follow the live action dolls so I am not 100% sure and am just going of of my memory. LOL

Oh, on the front of the DS Oz doll boxes, they put the words "Disney Film Collection" under each of the doll character's names, which seems pretty odd since there is no other past reference to that series name that I can think of. The Disney Store's dolls have all pretty much been based on animated films (2D or 3D) until Oz, so there has been some speculation as to if this is the start of a new line for the Disney Store. Previously, Mattel has managed almost all of Disney's live-action character dolls (like Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides &Enchanted), but the Disney Store seems to be ramping up on their own in-house doll production more and more.

Cool thanks for clearing that up Shivatopia as I wasn't too sure. Well hopefully they do continue it and release line Ranger dolls as I think a Lone Ranger doll would really suit.

I'd be happy with some good quality figures. Something along the line of the NECA brand; 8 inches tall, nicely painted, more of a collectors item. Sometimes Disney only makes figures that look nothing like the characters. The Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides figures were a good size, but looked ugly!

So I wouldn't be surprised if they were to release some sort of doll/action figure. They did for John Carter last year even though it wasn't the best.
Could you please direct me to said John Carter action figure? Despite it being a box office bomb and most people hating it, I'm one of the few and far between fans. I have all of the official merchandise that I am aware of (at least in the US). So if there IS one, I. MUST. HAVE. IT. ;) :D

As far as Lone Ranger goes...I want Tonto!!!

I can see either action figures or dolls for The Lone Ranger, with perhaps the greater likelihood for action figures. I agree that DS action figures based on live-action films are very... meh... We'll see what happens! I actually really want a doll for Helena Bonham Carter, though. I've been a fan of hers since the 80s!

For sure there will be a total product line of some sort for The Lone Ranger. I'm glad to see that films and TV shows featuring the Wild West still come up every now and then. It was such a huge part of the American consciousness in the early-to-mid-20th Century and then it kind of dropped off the face of the planet. I still watch reruns of Bonanza regularly!

I would LOVE to see Lone Ranger dolls, especially because I used to have some old 70's one in my childhood from the original series. My brother has most of them now unfortunately, but I'd love to get some new ones from the new film. It would be a nice little nostagia type trip down memory lane for me hehehe ;o)

I dunno. I think this collection would look too..."off". The doll of the Lone Ranger could look relatively good. But the male doll form is too boxy and unposeable. The Tonto doll needs to be skinnier, in my opinion, and needs to be able to show character. I think that a Helena as Red would be really cool/pretty. For me, unless I fall in love with the movie, I'm not really caring too much for any merchandise. (Not trying to sound mean, just stating...but it sounds mean when I re-read it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back