• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What do you do when you pay but not pin sent????

What do you do when you pay but not pin sent????

pin2pin1

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
111   0   0
Could someone tell me how to handle a situation. A member here on the forum had some pins up for sale. I emailed the member to inquire if a certain pin was still available. He emailed me back and said it was and he told me how much it would be with shipping. I paid it to him as a gift on sept 9th. Plus, I sent my address for shipping as he had asked. I never heard anything from this member since. It's now the 19th and no emails, no pin. I have emailed this member twice on the 17th and 18th asking for info but no reply. He has 100% feedback score with 21 trades. I thought this would be a good transaction. What should I do? I have my confirmation from PayPal that payment was sent and I have the emails from him saying it was available and what my final cost would be. Help?????

You have to PM them....You have(Dancecats)(TheGrimGrinner)or you could contact the owners of the forum
Bryan(Cicada)or Bricklayer(Jon)

I hope you get this straightened out soon

1. Contact a moderator immediately!

2. If you ever buy again, send as goods and pay the 3% fee. I typically offer that option as well (but for repeat people, they know they can trust me so they send as gift). If insists on gift, use your credit card and pay the fee (click where it says you pay the fee). That way you might have an opportunity for a charge back with the credit card company.

3. Has the person you've been buying still been active on the forum and is not just responding to your messages or has the person disappeared? If disappeared, something could have happened to him/her and not able to respond. Check with other people who have dealt with the person recently; maybe someone else knows his/her information.

4. It's been 13 days since payment was sent. Did the person tell you when he/she mails out? I can mail out, typically, every Monday thru Thursday unless something comes up so I will ship within a day or two of receiving payment. But some sellers don't ship for 7-10 days after payment. Was this discussed?

Last edited:
Hey, thanks for the info about paying in the future.

Last night I looked at the members profile and it said "online" but seconds later it switched to "offline". I assumed that was accurate. Today just a few minutes ago, I looked at their profile again and it showed "online". So not sure if that means that they are on DPF or not.

The last email I recieved from this member, which was the date of payment, stated that as soon as I paid and sent my shipping address( which was sent) and the label printed out, the shipping info would be emailed to me. Particular dates was not included.

Thanks for all the help. Its really not about the money.... it was only 14.50 shipped but its about not being taken advantage of. It really has made me put up my guard now. I guess it pays to deal with the same sellers all the time.

Thanks again. Melissa

In my previous post, I may not have worded it right. I never did get any kind of shipping info at all from this member. Since date of payment there has been no communication from the seller. just wanted to clarify that after reading my own post.

Maybe. I do feel a simple email that takes about 2 minutes especially on a smartphone would have elminated alot of concern. It would just have been courteous. Communication is key in any transaction. I do hope that its a simple overlook or perhaps there has been an emergency. Of course, no one can prevent those types of issues and would be understandable.

I think you are talking about the same person that I purchased from but did not receive my pins either! I didn't get an DC or hear from the member. I'll be sure to contact a Mod!

Back