• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

what do you do with your scrappers

Status
Not open for further replies.
what do you do with your scrappers

djluster

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Ok what do you guys all do with pins that you get that might be a scrapper or counterfit. I am asking because like so many people who start out we buy the lots on ebay which I did now I have a cup of pins that I will not trade so what do you guys do with yours. I knwo i have heard of people using them to line frames for displays

I use mine as tacpins if you want to send them my way I will definetly use them as that not trading them,but that's what I do and you can also use them as magnets just take the back off and attach a magnet to it

Some people here use them for crafts. :D
Some teachers give them to their students, but tell them they cant trade them.
Some donate to kids in need, but tell them they cant trade them.
Some just keep them until they can find a real pin for their collection.
Some just throw them away.
I like to just keep mine and put them on a cork board with some papers. :D

I keep the ones that I like--but I never claim that they're real and I don't trade them. if I think they're cool enough though, I let them hang around my pin board in a designated counterfeit area :) hahah.

I break the post off and grind the nubs down with a Dremel. Once they're flat on the back, you can use them for decorating scrapbook pages, gluing on a magnet in the back, gluing them to picture frames or trinket boxes. You can make hair bows for little girls and glue a pin in the center. There are tons of things you can do with them.

Some people here use them for crafts. :D
Some teachers give them to their students, but tell them they cant trade them.
Some donate to kids in need, but tell them they cant trade them.
Some just keep them until they can find a real pin for their collection.
Some just throw them away.
I like to just keep mine and put them on a cork board with some papers. :D

+1 I do all the above :D

The one I have I use on my work zipper hoodie. Work encourages us to wear 'flare' which is fun, but I'm too worried to wear my real pins or lanyards since it is a sometimes physical job (I work at a grocery store part-time so there is unloading and lifting crates) and I don't want them to get caught on anything or pulled off. Plus, even though my co-workers are amazing, you always have to worry about theft in locker situations.

So I wear my Ariel scrapper pin on my hoodie next to the logo. It is small and unobtrusive, her red hair matches the red hoodie, and it adds a bit of sparkle. Plus I can identity my jacket if I leave it somewhere and don't have to worry about the pin getting lost or stolen or broken.

When I finish school and become a teacher, if I ever get more scrappers maybe I'll use them as give aways to students or in scrapbooking.

Luckily I haven't encountered this problem yet, but I would definitely keep it and compare it with the authentic pin as a teaching aid.

We do the magnet thing too. I did hear once about someone that was making walking stones for their yards with them and some acrylic that sounded great but I never tried it. I also saw and traded for some bows and hair ribbons someone was making with them. They were really pretty... wish I could find her again!

I use them to hang up posters, newspaper articles, photos, etc on my wall and display boards. They work as well as tacks and certainly add a little magical touch!

If I had them I would probably take them to school and use them as rewards. Kids at my school generally come from poor backgrounds so anything like that they love! Plus I am in the UK they are very unlikely to try and trade it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back