• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What happened to the Private Messages

What happened to the Private Messages

Tabbikat2219

BANNED
Rating - 99.1%
210   2   0
Okay all of a sudden I now when i hit reply to private message I have to write in the original message what happened to it coming up blank and being able to click view history

Me too, I'm really getting tired of deleting all that so I can write a message. I think it happened during the upgrade/update thingy.

I kind of like it since most of the time I add the previous message so I dont get lost in the conversation. :)

Vicki

You will have to be patient, as our resident tech Cicada has not looked into it yet. It should not be seen as a feature that needs to be fixed, but rather a feature that should be able to be toggled on/off, as it seems many DPF'ers do enjoy the auto-quote feature.

For now, the only way around this auto-quote feature is to highlight - delete all of it, as swim2sea mentioned, or scroll all the way down past the auto-quote, then start your message. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited:
so i searched everywhere if there is any way a user can toggle it, or even in the options as well as poking around the code.

short answer: no built-in way to turn this off -- hopefully the devs will address it in the future.

for now, the "quickest" way to just remove all of hte previous PM quotes is to just click in the quick reply box, hit Ctrl+A (or command+A if you're an apple person) and start typing; that'll erase everything.

Back