• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What has happened to Pins At Cost on Pin Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has happened to Pins At Cost on Pin Pics?

tinkerbelle1956

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
217   0   0
March should have been the next quarterly and nothing was or has been announced. I don't even know if the Acme Jumbo pins were awarded in January, as most members didn't have over $100.00 a pin. Anyone know if pin pics plans to continue with pins at cost?

I believe beve is busy trying to sort out the feedback site which she is trying to move it over to pintalk from the other site so she is very busy at the minute so please be patient but I'm not 100% shore this is it but hopefully they will see this and respond

I don't think March would be the next quarterly one, unless they aren't counting quarters the proper way.

Quarter 1: January through March (so you have from January 1 through March 31 to get your 20 points)
Quarter 2: April through June (so you have from April 1 through June 30 to get your 20 points)
Quarter 3: July through September (so you have from July 1 through September 30 to get your 20 points)
Quarter 4: October through December (so you have from October 1 through December 31 to get your 20 points)

And then it starts over again in the next year, etc.

So, if that's the way the quarters work, you had until March 31st to finish up the 20 points and then sometime in April, they would announce it. HOWEVER, bBased upon the post that @Peachy did when announcing the sneak peak for the 4th Quarter 2016 pins at cost (which the sneak peak was in December) on PinTalk, it would seem that the way of counting quarters (above) is correct. Plus she also confirmed that was 4th Quarter 2016. No letters/emails as of late March had even gone out for the 4th Quarter 2016 so there will probably be a delay for 1st Quarter 2017.

It might be better to ask over on PinTalk since that's run by PinPics. Most of us would get our information from there 're the goings-on at PinPics.

I don't think March would be the next quarterly one, unless they aren't counting quarters the proper way.

Quarter 1: January through March (so you have from January 1 through March 31 to get your 20 points)
Quarter 2: April through June (so you have from April 1 through June 30 to get your 20 points)
Quarter 3: July through September (so you have from July 1 through September 30 to get your 20 points)
Quarter 4: October through December (so you have from October 1 through December 31 to get your 20 points)

And then it starts over again in the next year, etc.

So, if that's the way the quarters work, you had until March 31st to finish up the 20 points and then sometime in April, they would announce it. HOWEVER, bBased upon the post that @Peachy did when announcing the sneak peak for the 4th Quarter 2016 pins at cost (which the sneak peak was in December) on PinTalk, it would seem that the way of counting quarters (above) is correct. Plus she also confirmed that was 4th Quarter 2016. No letters/emails as of late March had even gone out for the 4th Quarter 2016 so there will probably be a delay for 1st Quarter 2017.

It might be better to ask over on PinTalk since that's run by PinPics. Most of us would get our information from there 're the goings-on at PinPics.

Thanks starry solo! I have 80 points from attending Pin Con last August.

I haven't got an answer over on pin talk either, disneykins.

Dearest Tinkerbelle1956,

As Damiens pins and Starry_solo have very politely attempted to point out, DPF is NOT the place to ask questions about PinPics. If you seek answers -- and you have and were answered as shown in the screenshot below-- go to the source directly.

TB.jpg

Lemme break down in layman's terms in case it is not obvious. You don't go to a car repair shop and ask them how to fix your dishwasher. You don't go to a ophthalmologist and ask them to clean your teeth. And you definitely do not go to other websites asking them to explain to you policies and procedures used elsewhere as it is a tacky and childish behavior frowned upon in normal society.

Far be it for me to put words in your mouth. However, your actions imply that you received answers you are not happy with and are attempting to gain sympathy. Or maybe create a mob scene? Honestly, it's like watching a soccer mom on Black Friday at a Walmart with an attitude speed of passively rude to obnoxious in under ten seconds, yelling louder and louder until everyone within a fifty foot radius is as upset and unpleasant as she is. I'm happy to post a few youtube video links if need be.

As Peachyshades has in fact already answered you, PinPics offers pins-at-cost as a bonus to us pin lovers. If you aren't happy with the progression or speed of what they offer to us for free, then move on. Take some yoga classes. Maybe study some old proverbs and adages. I hear good things about people who master the understanding of looking gift horses in the mouth.

Of course, I do not speak for PinPics nor DPF, nor am I in any position of authority. Feel free to go on, posting repetitiveness and being oblivious if that is your heart's content.

Best of luck to you. Happy Pin Trading!

I deleted my post as there has been no drama on our forum and I'm not even going to pay attention or let this bother me. I did it the correct way and reported the post and followed up with a PM to this frog. Also sending screenshot to Lenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back