• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What is the rarest and/or lowest edition pin you have? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the rarest and/or lowest edition pin you have? :)

kidup

What's your damage?
Rating - 100%
34   0   1
I always like to see people's collection and gaze in amazement at some of their lowest edition pins, as well as those that I consider to be super rare lol. I was wondering: What is the rarest pin you have? The lowest edition? Pictures would be awesome to look at :) :lol:

Here are mine:
For the lowest edition pins, It would definitely have to be the following two:
pin57897th72
Pin 57897: WDW - Journey Through Time Pin Event 2003 (The Magic of Merlin & Mim) Framed Pin Set (Merlin only)
pin36907th72
Pin 36907: WDW - Journey Through Time Pin Event 2003 (The Magic of Merlin & Mim) Framed Pin Set (Madam Mim only)
At a Limited Edition of 25, I think they are the lowest edition pins I have ever owned.

As for the rarest pin, I would have to be this Beauty and the Beast Rose pin. From what I know it was given to the animators while they worked on Beauty and the beast in Japan. That's pretty old and I had never seen it before. Maybe someone can add it to pinpics? lol since I havent been able to find it. Here is a picture:
a9fd1b5e.jpg

I've only been collecting for a year so I am yet to own a LE of less than 100.

I have a few LE100 and LE125 but nothing lower.

My holy grail is the LE50 facilier...

Martin :)

Thanks to a very generous zap, my lowest is a LE 50 :) My rarest is probably the ever elusive Rapunzel reveal/conceal chaser

I had an LE50 Sheriff of Nottingham from the Villains Mystery Pack last year but traded it for a DLRP PTN Naveen. I would say my rarests right now are a few LE100s from the different sets from DS.com

My lowest are several LE 100 like the Red Queen from the Mystery Tea Cup set that came out this year as well as the Stitch Valentine pin from the set that came out last year, which is probably one of my most favorite pins. It's beautiful!

My lowest LE: Dr. Facilier LE 50 (which im looking for LE Jasmine pins)
My rare pins are all my cast member pins because they have sentimental value. :)

My rarest is probably this one, which is an AP:
pin79984th200

My lowest LE would probably be this one:(It is a spinner)

pin56677

Just this last Saturday I could have had an LE50 but there was someone at the trading event who really wanted the pin and the one trading it asked for two of mine and not hers. I decided to trade for it, and then handed it over to the girl who really wanted it, and was afraid to offer me anything in trade for it. She was very happy and I was happy, because she was. :)

It was a real life Zap!!! lolol So I am back at LE 100. lolol

Vicki

I think that would be my golden princess set. I don't have any pins under LE100

pin54675.jpg

My lowest edition size would have to be these LE 25's:

pin24529
pin73187
pin76347

As far as rarest, I guess that would depend on your definition of "rare". To me, "rare" really correlates to how many there are, so my lowest edition sizes would by default also be my "rarest". But if you say "rare" is the hardest to get, I'd probably go with these three:

pin35652
pin23954
pin73187

My lowest LE I have in my collection would be

pin54065

[pin]54065[/pin] The Living Seas Pre-Production Prototype

I also have a number of pins that are ultra rare (LE 50 or lower) in my collection, including
pin11293

[pin]11293[/pin] American Space Experience - 40 Years of NASA

For trade, I have a bunch of LE 25s from the Lights Camera Pins Extra Large Frame Set, including Cruella De Vile, Figero and Prince John / Sir Hiss. I also have a Witch Hazel from the Pin 33749: WDW - Happy Haunts Ball 2004 - Ghoulish Gatherings - Framed 15 Pin Set which is an LE 15

I don't have a lot of super low LE pins. I guess I go for "quantity." I do have [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p201/pin10092[/thumb]

And I have a gold prototype of this one [thumb]http://www.pinpics.com/img/p117/pin5895[/thumb] that I really should add to Pinpics, someday. Once upon a time, the DL Pin Manager was Becky Carter. When she did a seminar at the NFFC Convention in 2001, I think, she brought 5-6 prototypes that were auctioned off for pins, not money. I won the Catterpillar.

As for the rarest pin, I would have to be this Beauty and the Beast Rose pin. From what I know it was given to the animators while they worked on Beauty and the beast in Japan. That's pretty old and I had never seen it before. Maybe someone can add it to pinpics? lol since I havent been able to find it. Here is a picture:
a9fd1b5e.jpg
If you send a photo of the pin to Bev (info@pinpics.com), I'm pretty certain she would make sure it got listed.

BTW, there is one of these currently listed on e-bay with a starting bid of $598! :shock:

pin79984th200

pin56677

Just this last Saturday I could have had an LE50 but there was someone at the trading event who really wanted the pin and the one trading it asked for two of mine and not hers. I decided to trade for it, and then handed it over to the girl who really wanted it, and was afraid to offer me anything in trade for it. She was very happy and I was happy, because she was. :)

Vicki

First off...I love that spinner (and its whole set)
second...That is so nice! Your are the kinda people that make pin trading fun and enjoyable!!! Yay for people like you! Down with the grouches!!! lol

First off...I love that spinner (and its whole set)
second...That is so nice! Your are the kinda people that make pin trading fun and enjoyable!!! Yay for people like you! Down with the grouches!!! lol

Ahh, thank you!!!

I want the Cinderella one from this set actually, as that is my favorite Princess. I just happened to see this one, and thought it was pretty without knowing it was a spinner or an LE100. :)

When you treat someone nice, then it is returned to you. I am blessed to have people always willing to trade with me, and sometimes, they do not even get anything good out of it. I try to share the wealth. As hard as it is sometimes, they are beautiful pieces of metal that pretty much started out around the same price.

Some days it's easier than others though. lolol So no, I won;t be trading the Jessica Bo Peep for a hidden Mickey anytime soon. lol

Thanks again! The kinds words are truly appreciated!

Vicki

pin79984th200

pin56677

Vicki

What a sweet gesture :) Love it!

Other than a few dozen APs that we are not sure of the exact edition size, our two lowest LEs are the following LE25s:

pin76769

Pin 76769: DisneyStore.com - The Princess and the Frog Mystery Set - Tiana as Frog Only

pin78222

Pin 78222: Alice in Wonderland Tea Cup Mystery Pin Set -- Mad Hatter pin only

These could also qualify as our rarest along with a few DA LE100 Jessicas (low edition, none trading or selling), several highly desirable Gomes, the Alice Drink Me, and about a dozen extremely HTF Haunted Mansion pins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back