• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

what is with the bars under our names

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at my orange bar, I can't help but remember a skit from 'Kids in the Hall' where the secretaries are typing and one of them has a "odometer" on the back of her head that moves as she types, and the other secretaries notice that she's just about to turn over.

That's where I am right now. "C'mon, post faster, you can do it, just about there, keep going, keep going, keep going, AHHH!" Then, a huge sense of let-down...

Looking at my orange bar, I can't help but remember a skit from 'Kids in the Hall' where the secretaries are typing and one of them has a "odometer" on the back of her head that moves as she types, and the other secretaries notice that she's just about to turn over.

That's where I am right now. "C'mon, post faster, you can do it, just about there, keep going, keep going, keep going, AHHH!" Then, a huge sense of let-down...

Wo-hoo!! Next level. Now I've got to earn 500 more points. Yowza!!

I'm getting close to a level up... I wonder if I'll gain any new skills?

I noticed that I have moved up two or three levels since they started all these bars, thanks to the Jessica release yesterday :)lol: I was on the forums practically all day), and I did get a new achievement called "overdrive"! :D

I believe Overdrive is a temporary award given when someone is a top poster during an unknown time period

I thought that was Activity Award? That's the one for who is the top poster. Overdrive however is the achievement if you've managed to at some point get to 100% activity. It doesn't go away if it drops as there are folks in this thread that have it and their activity has dropped. Hence why I think it was a glitch that my Overdrive was taken away because it was at that point where a lot of the Achievements disappeared from under the usernames. And I can't seem to get it to 100% again right now, even though I posted quite a bit yesterday.

I think the Overdrive does go away, I've had it 3 times now and it's gone away every time, currently I don't have it (so far as I can see, if I do that makes 4). I'm assuming it's just for anyone who has a lot of activity as of recent??? IDK what "recent" is though.

On a side note, I have 2 Spam containers...why 2???

EDIT: Just checked and I have an Overdrive Achievement and Award, what's the difference?

I think the Overdrive does go away, I've had it 3 times now and it's gone away every time, currently I don't have it (so far as I can see, if I do that makes 4). I'm assuming it's just for anyone who has a lot of activity as of recent??? IDK what "recent" is though.

On a side note, I have 2 Spam containers...why 2???

EDIT: Just checked and I have an Overdrive Achievement and Award, what's the difference?

Well that's annoying, I'd like to keep my achievements. Hah.

I think it's just some, not all, so it's possible that Overdrive is the only one, if it even does go away or if the system is glitching since it is probably still running through the whole site since it's so large...

I think it's just some, not all, so it's possible that Overdrive is the only one, if it even does go away or if the system is glitching since it is probably still running through the whole site since it's so large...

I've definitely noticed some influxes of experience points every so often; so the site probably is still processing all the data.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back