• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

what is with the bars under our names

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is with the bars under our names
Ooo just noticed this been quite ill today :'(
I got -5 points taken from me.. why.. why how dare thee haha

Did anyone else notice that a LOT more threads now have ratings? I don't like that. It was always nice to see which threads were worth/not worth looking at because they always had ratings. Now people are just rating them for the points. :/

A wild Squirtle appears.
Hate it when that happens!

Valid concerns about spamming threads and all. Hell ... I may not have even made this post rather just made the coment to myself, chuckled and moved on.

You could definitely get the feel for it when PT was doing their Pins@Cost too. Traffic is traffic, I guess ... just hope the content doesn't get too watered down. That being said, this forum definitely need a kick to the balls, in my opinion ... so maybe it'll be a good thing.

Can I get a +1??? :lol:

I don't have any +1's right now, check back tomorrow.

I think folks are taking this a bit too seriously, its just some bars and some icons... now excuse me while I work on getting some awards/achievements! AHHHHHH! :eek:

:D

I can't believe this got to 9 pages overnight just because an achievement system was implemented. A lot of people say that is why Xbox has a better online experience is because their Gamerscore achievement system is way better than the Trophy system on PS Online. I'm on the fence. On one hand, it's fun and it sort of helps people see who's been active and around a while. But going further, just because someone has a ton of posts that doesn't mean they are all quality gems or they know what they are talking about.

On a golf forum I am on we have a new "like" system where people like your posts. There is a lot of newer people that try to get a good ratio of posts to likes. But I've been on the site for 5+ years, since it's inception and I have so many posts the likes will never catch up. But I actually have inside knowledge of the golf industry but my posts often get skimmed over and people always ask for proof when often you cannot divulge your source. So it' gets into this game of who can post the most and get the most likes and turn into a sarcasm fest of who can say the funniest negative comment. Kind of turned me off to what it was supposed to be about when we started 5.5 years ago.

And I just rated this thread. :D

Hate it when that happens!

Valid concerns about spamming threads and all. Hell ... I may not have even made this post rather just made the coment to myself, chuckled and moved on.

You could definitely get the feel for it when PT was doing their Pins@Cost too. Traffic is traffic, I guess ... just hope the content doesn't get too watered down. That being said, this forum definitely need a kick to the balls, in my opinion ... so maybe it'll be a good thing.

I don't have any +1's right now, check back tomorrow.

I think folks are taking this a bit too seriously, its just some bars and some icons... now excuse me while I work on getting some awards/achievements! AHHHHHH! :eek:

:D

You guys are cracking me up. Seriously though it is all in fun. It's a new toy to play with and figure out right now.

Oh no, I lost my Overdrive achievement... now I'm sad, I liked the name of that one... time to rage on RoadBlasters and go game-jumping. :D

I hope who ever is running this forum is spending more time on issues like security and the forum not crashing as they did with this useless bar thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back