• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What is your favorite pin feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your favorite pin feature?

Masamune

DPF Charter Member
DPF Charter Member
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I just thought of this thread after posting in another. :) My fave thing to feature on any pin is the shiny/metallic effect. Lol, the technical term escapes me, but I'm sure you know what I mean. It's not glitter or sparkle, more glimmering metallic. Like in the following pins!

pin68718

pin77586

I love pins that have this feature on them. I also love jumbo pins (who doesn't?) and pin-on-pin pins. So what is your fave pin feature/effect? Feel free to post a pic of an example too!

Last edited:
Funny, but you mentioned just about all of the features I like on pins too, with the exception of having two posts on the back. I like 3D and pin-on-pins the most, and the larger the better. I keep all of my keepers in pin bags, so having two posts keeps them in place. I hate it when they swing all over the place and scratch other pins.

Can't nail down a single element, but a few of my favorites are glow in the dark, translucent, and black light features. Least favorite would have to be dangles. My current favorite pin is the one in my avatar and I think it would be a much better pin without the dangle. It's the one element of that pin that I find distracting.

Last edited:
I like glitter and pin-on-pin. I also like well-done lenticular.

Mostly, though, I am drawn to aspects that aren't elements/features. I love round pins--especially large round pins. I like close-ups of characters. I primary colors. And I usually prefer a background that lets the character stand out.

Unlike J Allen, I find the dangles to be one of my favorites. Maybe it's just the pins in my collection that have dangles - they seem to work so well together. I also like pin on pin and glow in the dark elements.

OOOOu, I love the clear paint to see the metal as well! It just looks fantastic!

Here is what I LOVE about pins:
PinonPins, I love that it adds depth to a pin, especially when it is used well. (There is one DSF pin where Jessica's DRESS is the only pin-on-pin, weirds. . .. )
Stained Glass.
Glitter.
Rhinestones.

Anything that sparkles and shines apparently. LOL

My favorites are the pin on pin. I have been completely reorganizing my pins. When I went through my DL bag, I forgot how much I loved the series of Disneyland Attraction pins they released in 2000/2001. They were all large, pin on pin, and very pretty. Much nicer than a lot of current releases.

I love pin on pins that specifically make it look as though the main pin base is receding backwards. It's sort of hard for me to explain, so here are some examples. I like these best:
pin28306.jpg
pin32683.jpg
pin65699.jpg

...as opposed to these:
pin69450.jpg
pin77255.jpg
pin80997.jpg

Thick Glitter is really growing on me as long as it isn't overdone. I think the thick glitter looks better than just flakes of glitter spread out.

Another vote for pin on pin here!!!! Then add some girly glitter to it and I'm one happy pixie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back