• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What program do you use to create grail signatures?

What program do you use to create grail signatures?

cristywill

DPF Nut
Rating - 100%
139   0   0
Hey guys,

My apologies if this question has been asked before, but what program are you guys using to create your grail signatures? I am not a graphic artist but I think I could manage a better looking signature with a better program. MS paint ain't cutting it. I don't want to spend money to buy a program (photoshop) but I don't want to download a virus. Can anyone recommend a good, free program where I can create a fabulous siggy? Thanks!

I use photoshop, but I have it through my work. I'd be happy to whip you p a sig if you'd like! :D Just pm me with some thoughts and the pins and I can probably get it to you by the weekend. :3

~Merlin

Merlyn you don't have to do that. That is really sweet of you to offer though. :) If I can't figure it out, I will send you a PM. :)

Gimp actually flooded my computer with ad-ware. It may have been the link I used to download it. Any recommendations on a safe website to download it from?

Anyone on here a mac user and could tell me what program they use?

I'd like to know this too. I've cobbled together a signature with free collage apps and photobucket, but I'd love to be able to make something better without investing a ton of money in software.

I have CS6 master on a MAC and i ended up just using Microsoft Publisher for mine. I guess I could have made it alot more fancy, but I was hoping to have it change real quick! LOL!

Anyone on here a mac user and could tell me what program they use?
I'd like to know this too. I've cobbled together a signature with free collage apps and photobucket, but I'd love to be able to make something better without investing a ton of money in software.
I create my signatures by editing in the image "Preview" toolbar, I haven't downloaded any programmes, depends on what you want to do.

Mine isn't spectacular but I used powerpoint.... and yes I have been laughed at by my computer nerd friend for it LOL

If you wanted to insert numbers you would just have to insert an extra text box and use the [send to back] [bring to front] selections in the order menu to get it to overlap right. I didn't show numbers because people who have these pins know what they are LOL and it got too crowded. I am using a pic background though so that increases the crowding.

Last edited:
I'm on a Mac. But I have the full Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).

I think someone above mentioned downloading a free trial of Photoshop as a suggestion. This might be the best way to go. You'd have it for a month and could create a few different backgrounds (templates) you like and then save those files and drop in different pins/numbers throughout the year in MS Paint so that you can update as your collection changes.

If you'd like to do this, but need some help getting started or tips on how to use Photoshop, please let me know (and I'm sure plenty of other PS users can help too)!

Hope that helps!
Melanie

I create my signatures by editing in the image "Preview" toolbar, I haven't downloaded any programmes, depends on what you want to do.

I can pull up a photo (ie a background for my signature) in Preview and I've figured out how to add text, but I can't figure out how to place other photos on top of it...man I wish I was better with computers - I haven't been computer-savvy since my PC AT.

Back