• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release
I would like to remember that I was one of the people claiming that I am going to "bum rush the line" with my crew during the Chocolate Boxes release. I ended up backing out of that plan due to the insane amount of backlash I got from the people in the "official" line AND the people in the "unofficial" line. I personally chose not to bum rush since I am a particularly well known individual in the community here.

I basicially would advise the "bum rushers" that rushing the line might not be a good idea.

Also, if history will repeat itself it's that DSF has always honored an "unofficial" line BECAUSE IT'S KEEPS THE PEACE!

In past posts, DSF has used "we ask/request..."

Yesterdays post says "We will not be allowing guests to line up for any pin release more than 24 hours before the actual release.
As far as this Saturday's release, guests will not be allowed to line up until the 7:45 PM show has been let into the theater."

much stronger absolute wording...

WELP i'll give Friday a shot! i also wish DSF would crack down on their rules more, but at the same time feel that the people that are actually WILLING to wait it out for that long.. maybe deserve the pins ? (dont take my head off) if they put that much time into the line i would say its fair since they're the ones putting their body on the line which takes a good effort to actually put yourself through that. either way if i show up friday and its full, maybe i can hang out with some fellow pin traders :]

Korean BBQ in LA anyone?

I'm not planning on bum rushing at all. There are too many friends who will be in the unofficial line and if DSF honors that line, I'm good with it. On the off chance that the unofficial line gets boned, I want to be there for the chance to get something. But I won't be there to bum rush. I'm there for a second chance and a very slim chance that DSF might not let that unofficial line in first. I expect to be disappointed and not get anything.

I JUST think its crazy there are 111 people there not necessary. i am officially fired for not hooking the streets of H-wood early enough. xx

Home at last. Keep warm and be safe out there everyone. If it wasn't for sellers none of us would have to camp out anywhere just to buy a pin. I miss the old days before ebay when you could show up that day and buy your 2 pins, trade a few pins, and have a fun day in the park. Oh well, what can you do. Maybe a mad rush of people at 7:45 on friday is just what these sellers need to see that they are not in charge and that Disney not them make the rules. its like the pin illuminati or something. Maybe we can stop these high priced presales if they have to refund customers because they can't get the pins. Viva la revolution:)

Last edited:
Has anyone suggested doing a lottery? It would save everyone from having to camp out and make pre-sales impossible. Here's how it would work:
- Arrive at 8am
- Everyone gets a raffle ticket
- DSF management pull out tickets
- People whose tickets are called, go in and buy (until no more merchandise or no more people waiting)
- People whose tickets are not called, try again next time.

I feel like that would be the more equitable solution. Thoughts?

Right now, it takes DSF about 90 minutes to service 150 people...if they did a "lottery" for 300 tickets (if there is a surprise pin) and the physical area that would be needed to hold all of the people (alley and back alley), it could take up to 1 minute per person (with all of the "number 123", "number 123", "number 123", is "number 123" here, "number 123", last chance "number 123" and then the person making his or her way to the announcer to verify the ticket and be let into DSF) which means 5 hours!

What if they do it online, in advance like disneyland does on some occasions such as the road to adventure or whatever it was called last year. That would be fair.

Most simple solution: Raise the edition size. Double it. Even triple it. Boom! No more lines and they will continue to sell quickly for the popular characters.

Will it happen? I'm not holding my breath. Time to consider quitting, since the time required to acquire is no longer worth it. This customer is no longer happy.

I'm not trying to argue your point since I've never been to a DSF release so this is just an honest question, but wouldn't the unofficial line immediately become the official line like 20 minutes before the official line can even be made by just moving into the alley?

Probably but they also have no right to push others that went to line up at the correct time. Like if they are bum rushing the area to line up thats their problem but if I or someone else happens to grab a spot before them I do not think they have the right to say "I lined up in the unofficial line a day before you, so I am automatically ahead of you" Thats what I think atleast... but I do know no one is just gonna bum rush and push me just because they felt the need to line up before the allotted time.

Probably but they also have no right to push others that went to line up at the correct time. Like if they are bum rushing the area to line up thats their problem but if I or someone else happens to grab a spot before them I do not think they have the right to say "I lined up in the unofficial line a day before you, so I am automatically ahead of you" Thats what I think atleast... but I do know no one is just gonna bum rush and push me just because they felt the need to line up before the allotted time.
:like:

Thats how people get into fights, is this really how low the hobby is falling?

You only need to draw one number for the lottery... and that number would start the line. The rest of the numbers would follow in order.

DSF will need to make a decision sooner than later. Waiting until Friday isnt going to cut it. Ignoring the elephant in alley isnt going to make it go away. Make it an official line tomorrow, or tell them that anyone in ANY line before Friday will be denied the chance to purchase the pins. They can no longer have it both ways. Its wrong to have people wait 3+ days and deny them. Its wrong to tell people to line up at a certain time and then honor those that broke the rules. I think what makes it difficult is DSF has a history with many traders in the unofficial line. We are all good people that want to give them money. Its like trying to date 2 people at the same time. Choose one and stop leading the other one on.

Most simple solution: Raise the edition size. Double it. Even triple it. Boom! No more lines and they will continue to sell quickly for the popular characters.

Will it happen? I'm not holding my breath. Time to consider quitting, since the time required to acquire is no longer worth it. This customer is no longer happy.

DSF doesn't have the staff or retail space to handle that many people. As it stands now, they let 10 people at a time go inside to line up at the 3 registers to purchase pins that are all behind the sales counter that is maybe 15 feet long. They have seating inside for maybe 60 people (counter + about 5 "booths" and 6 small tables) who sit and examine their pins or socialize before they leave. DSF has a working staff of maybe 15 during a busy period - they just can't handle 500+ pin people in one go and still provide services for walk-in tourists who want food or other merchandise...DSF is part of the Studio group, not Parks (which includes WDI) and not Disney Stores (I'm not quite sure which group manages MoG - Mickeys of Glendale, but then that is an Employee Store and not really a public store). They don't have the resources to do online registration and even the Facebook & Twitter management is (very) part time for one or two of the managers and they don't sit at a desk all day reading posts and doing status updates.

I could be wrong, but I thought DSF was part of Parks and El Capitan was part of Studios. DSF releases are still announced on the Parks merchandise site. One of the former managers there was someone I knew from when I worked at Disneyland who had transferred.

Going to throw my two cents in here regarding the terminology being tossed around. I have no dog in this fight, I am simply making a logical/legal observation of the terms and "rules" being posted. Please take a deep breath before you get pissed off at my opinion as I am not on either side of the debate. I am simply pointing out that although some people believe that based on past releases that the same thing will be allowed simply does not make it so. I genuinely want everyone to be safe out there so having a realistic expectation is absolutely necessary to do so.

If DSF gives any type of recognition/preference to the "unofficial line" they are effectively authorizing it to occur and thereby are responsible for any and all incidents/accidents that may arise in said line. If their official position is that they will not allow a line to form before X time (whatever that is) the "official line" is fair game to anyone at that exact time whether they walked up that exact second or have been sleeping in a parking lot for three days. Trying to prevent someone from jumping in the "official line" (some are calling it bum-rushing) is giving preferential treatment to the "unofficial line" and back to step one is acknowledging/allowing that line up to take place "unofficially".

Not every person showing up to buy pins is a member of this board, they have no idea what the DPF standards of courtesy seem to be. It is the responsibility of the DSF to make concrete rules and enforce them. Making vague statements that end up being ignored or changed when they see fit is a sure fire way to create unnecessary problems. I of course understand the side of those camping out for days/nights to be the first ones or at least the ones that are able to make a purchase and do not want to have people cutting in front of them but simply wanting something to be a certain way is not enough. If the rules say no lining up before X time EVERYONE should respect that and abide by those rules PERIOD.

I know that these releases are how a lot of people generate their income but safety should be first. Even a mild tempered person can be pushed to aggressive behavior when their livelihoods are being infringed upon. I hope that everyone can show common courtesy for each other as well as respect for those that may not be in the know.

Be safe out there.

I feel that there is no point for DSF to post any line up rules if they will just disregard them, they clearly stated "this Saturday's release, guests will NOT be allowed to line up until the 7:45 PM show has been let into the theater". They might as well have said we prefer for guests to not line up before 7:45 but if you want to camp out for a couple of days go ahead and well get the hot coco ready. As for the people who are already in line while i have no ill will towards any of them and understand that camping out for a couple of days in some form give them "priority" for pins, at the same time they know very well that their not following the rules that have been posted for everyone and to be angry at others who follow said rules by showing up at the allotted time isn't justified in my opinion. It is what it is a UN-official line and maybe if DSF would start acknowledging it as such it would dissipate this whole camp out business. the sad truth is they cant please everyone no matter what they do someone is not gonna go for it, they either have to make rules and stick with them or not post any at all let this continue. As for my friends in line i wish you good luck and a safe camp out, my feelings here are aimed towards DSF and not to anyone else.

Well I had hopes but now I know I don't have a chance, oh well whats a girl gonna do, good luck to all in line, stay warm, stay safe, keep together.

I remember when this hobby was lots of fun, you lined up just hours before the release and got a bracelet to go in the park and get your pin, now it's line up days before, because you got to beat the sharks and get your pin at cost, so you don't have to pay those outrageous prices on the bay. Sigh! Im at work, no BT pins for me.

I had plans to go and camp I planned for 2 days, why because honestly I cannot afford the prices they will be on the Bay I am basically a single mom and this is my hobby that brings me joy, and I Have 0 traders left and knew these would be good traders. I cannot afford the crazy pin prices. I think I will take Jordan to Frank and Sons instead. To all in line hang in there, I'll drop by and say hi and bring ya a surprise. Take care all

Last edited:
Good ol' concert times ... when we would sleep in front of the hall a week in advance to be in that first row spot, and being aloud inside the hall every morning to wash up ^^ I never imagined this would be something to be done for a pin-release o_O

As Molly said, I have no dog in this fight, but has anyone out there called DSF? Alerted them to what is going on. Sorry to say and no way want to offend anyone, but wouldn't it be fair to say that DSF does not have to honor the unofficial line for not following their set posted rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back