• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
617.gif

He wasn't talking about him, the guy who had got there and kept everybody calm didn't get one because he wanted to let all the women go first.

I really hope he gets one then :( However, I would say at the moment this is the best way to prevent lineups since it shows that regardless of what time you get there, you still have a chance at the wristband as long as it is by the time they designate. For future days they could just say "the line will start at 9pm" and then at 9pm, if there are more than 150 (or 300 if they 1 per person from now on) there, raffle wristbands between them, while if there are less, just hand them out and wait for the rest to show up because clearly it won't be a huge release.

People should rejoice that there will be at least one less person in line, as I have officially quit DSF pins. This release turned into the survival of the fittest and those who were aggressive enough to push their way to the front of the mob were the only winners. I felt badly for those who had waited far more hours than I, so I stepped aside and walked away. Thank you, DSF for showing me the ugly side of pin trading and for giving me good reason to never spend another dime at your establishment. I will let my wife fulfill a promise for one last release and we are both done. So again, people should rejoice for the soon to be vacated two spots.

Last edited:
I'm shocked at the madness, people it's just a piece of metal at the end of the day. No really it is! Those pictures are disturbing, it's like a lynch mob. Not cool!

Im a bit confused...

So line 1 started Wednesday while line 2 started sometime today? Did line start EXACTLY when the movie goers were allowed in? If not then why did they deserve to get any special treatment and to disrupt line 1? If line 2 did start exacrly when the movie goers were let in then I guss its a moot point.

If there is anyone from line 2 here I was just wondering do you think there will be any resentment from the line 1 people after this?

Should we all fear the posts describing pin purchases early tomorrow.

Where is carmen san diego

There was a post on here borderline gloating....was that really the best idea?

Last edited:
Im a bit confused...

So line 1 started Wednesday while line 2 started sometime today? Did line 2 start at EXACTLY 7:45? If not then why did they deserve to get any special treatment and to disrupt line 1? If line 2 did start at 7:45 on the dot then I guss its a moot point.

Keep in mind- 7:45 was not the line-up time...
From their Facebook wall:
As far as this Saturday's release, guests will not be allowed to line up until the 7:45 PM show has been let into the theater.

The _MOVIE_ starts at 7:45, they will let the line in much earlier than that (maybe as early as 7), once that line was in the theater, then you could line up in the alley. I don't know how early they let movie goers in, but I'm sure it's at least 20-30 minutes before showtime, if not more... I think a lot of people overlooked that detail...

Wow, what craziness....I'd love a set of these but theres no way I'd go through all this.....it's madness!!! I will bide my time and hope I get them eventually, like many of us hopefully....I hope this doesnt put dsf off of releasing future BT's, and I hope the crowds there were genuine collectors and now just the greedy sharks trying to get them to make a quick buck, thats not good :(

Keep in mind- 7:45 was not the line-up time...
From their Facebook wall:

The _MOVIE_ starts at 7:45, they will let the line in much earlier than that (maybe as early as 7), once that line was in the theater, then you could line up in the alley. I don't know how early they let movie goers in, but I'm sure it's at least 20-30 minutes before showtime, if not more... I think a lot of people overlooked that detail...
Okay my questions still stand with a slight tweek

Im really not trying to start crap. I just wanna know is all

Im a bit confused...

So line 1 started Wednesday while line 2 started sometime today? Did line 2 start at EXACTLY 7:45? If not then why did they deserve to get any special treatment and to disrupt line 1? If line 2 did start at 7:45 on the dot then I guss its a moot point.

If there is anyone from line 2 here I was just wondering do you think there will be any resentment from the line 1 people after this?

Should we all fear the posts describing pin purchases early tomorrow.

Where is carmen san diego

There was a post on here borderline gloating....was that really the best idea?

Naw line 1 started Monday.

Line 2, the official line, would have started before 7:45pm, because the movie started at 7:45pm, which means that the guests for that movie would have been let into the theatre at least 20 minutes earlier.

Folks from line 1 should not resent folks from line 2 for following the rules as DSF set them. Resentment in general expected? yes. Resent the people? nope.

Theres a restaurant in San Diego called Carmen..... google it.

Gloating will happen. nothing to be done about that. Bringing it up again? not really a good idea either. :p

In 5 years, I'm going to wander to some garage sale and find a framed and complete BT set that I'm going to buy for $25........ bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Not if I get there first and haggle them down to $20 and have them throw in the R/C Rapunzel :lol:

Okay my questions still stand with a slight tweek

Im really not trying to start crap. I just wanna know is all
The short version: Line 1 was on the left side of the narrow opening they let the people through. Line 2 was moved to the right side of the opening. Then they hit blend and it was every man, woman, and child for themselves. It was not handled well at all. BTW, Line 2 formed well before 7:45 pm. DSF screwed a lot of people on this one and there was a lot of buzz from long time customers never coming back. I, myself, will never go back.

There was never a line for the 7:45 movie in the alley. The alley was empty through the entire process (except for security).

If they did do a surprise pin I would hope they would also limit to 1 per person so everyone can get one.

Yeah, they always are 1 per person, even if the normal release is 2 per... Since they gave out 300 wristbands, they might as well just have announced the surprise pin, if there is one... :)

sounds like unfortunately a lot of people have realised what potential profit can be made from selling these on, and many people there probably dont even collect, theyre just there to make money!! I'm glad our uk releases are only online, as I couldnt do this every release I wanted! my health couldnt handle it lol!!

I think Disney did a good job with the way they handled this release. It would have been perfect if they just communicated their game plan further in advance so people knew what to expect. Im sure if people knew in advance it would have been 1 per person and randomly distribute numbers, many people would not have arrived as early as they did. I'm sure that the group of people there would have been kinder to others of the release plan would have been clearly communicated in advance so everyone was on the same page going into the release. Disney can't claim they didn't know this release would be crazy becuase I personally saw many people talk to them about this release and what to expect and when people start showing up 3 days in advance or even look at the presale prices on eBay they should know to expect the worse. It was wrong of them to let a group of people wait in the parking without telling them that there would be enough pins for 300 pins and not 150 and it would be random.

The group of people that waited days were very hostile to those that didn't wait days in advance. They had a sense of entitlement that they deserved the pins more than anyone else arriving later. If they were in Disney's line, I would agree with them but this was not the case. They were waiting in a 3rd party parking lot next door.

There was a member of this forum (who I have never had an issue with in the past and never thought anything negative about them in the past) who was yelling at me and saying I better watch what I say on these boards because of what I posted in this thread earlier. Guess he felt more entitled to the pins than anyone that was there at the time Disney said. While others said that those camping should not be given the pins for their violation of the rules, I stated that everyone at the time should have an equal chance. Guess they don't think everyone deserves to have an equal chance and the rules don't apply to them and they would be reward for not following what Disney said.

Yes, not everyone got a wristband including some that waited days. I had friends in that line hoped that they ended up with the pins but not because of an unofficial line. In the end, about 20 people from what I heard missed out vs what would have been 170 with the old system.

As I said before, no system is perfect but this was a step in the right direction. Hopefully we will see more randomly distributed lines at set times in the future so that no one has to wait 3 days for pins and that everyone has an equal and fair chance.

Unless it's a LE 150 surprise pin :io:

Disney is smart enough to know not to release an LE 150 pin at this release. If they might have been planning one in the past, I can assure you that they would have just saved it for another time and kept quiet about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back