• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
March hare did you witness this? Because I didn't, and I was here since Wednesday. Not once, don't start instigating and pointing fingers this is bad enough and tempers will only flare higher!

And I'm sorry but I feel like you're giving me crap for helping 'the wrong person', March Hare. :( It's not enough that I'm giving away three out of four of my pins AT COST to someone, when I could keep them for myself to use as really good traders? I have to magically know who the 'right' person is to help??? :(

ArielSkellinton... Thank You my dear for the kind wishes, but I'm sure I will not. ;cry: and maybe us out of staters don't deserve them after you went through all this. I tried to edit his name, thought better, than using user ID, For that I apologize. He woke me up texting at 6:45. I was in a dead sleep, I only wanted Giselle and Tiana, but that dream has ended. I don't feel as I deserve them being out of state.

please re-read it I clarified that I respect her opinion and never attacked her, you would probably feel the same if you witnessed that situation. And I never said it was you or her that should be blamed! I didn't specify which out of state people fueled the fire I felt the way I said it was better than calling people out. Everyone is responsible for this!

I'm out of state and didn't fuel a fire, but I still think this release was crap! I for one am happy it got so bad. Maybe DSF will be forced to address this issue more seriously now. They need to find a way to be 100% fair and if Disney could do that with the designer dolls and 17" dolls than they can most certainly figure it out with pins. The fact that it has gone this way for so long is stupid to begin with. I don't think its right to call Tink out and not be able to call sharks out. I am not a friend of Debi myself for personal reasons, but I would never out right attack her or her husband. You don't have to be at the release to know that it clearly was overly dramatized, but it wasn't her that did that nor was it out of state collectors. It's all the pin collectors, its Disney and its the sharks. I think Disney likes the bad publicity as all publicity is good. These kinds of release will one day end though and I can't wait to see what new way of releasing pins will be implemented.

5f3f2fa6-be1b-4573-b166-0b472353f2bf_zps4531b705.jpg

Sorry I read that wrong lol no one "deserves" pins, this was a total disaster! :(

ArielSkellinton... Thank You my dear for the kind wishes, but I'm sure I will not. ;cry: and maybe us out of staters don't deserve them after you went through all this. I tried to edit his name, thought better, than using user ID, For that I apologize. He woke me up texting at 6:45. I was in a dead sleep, I only wanted Giselle and Tiana, but that dream has ended. I don't feel as I deserve them being out of state.

Last edited:
it seems like a lot of hurt and anymosity could have been avoided if DSF would have just told people on Wed. to go home. No one needs to stay out here for 3 days. It would have probably still been chaotic when everyone showed up. But everyone would have been on an even playing field. They could have cut the line off at a certian time and passed out tickets. If you number got called your got a bracelet. No need for pushing or shoving. Personally I hope DSF has there plan in place for next time. Sorry for all involved. It doesnt' sound like anybody "won".

I edited my post under your quote Crystal. Go Look! That guy was the one I referred to as a reseller. Not all of you are, I know this. Everyone thinks I'm pointing my finger at them, I'm not at all. I feel bad for this girl that got pushed and cried. Now this person is upset because he don't have the funds to pay back. Why text and cry to me. Hope this was ok to report. He also said how my name was smeared for 3 days. Nice!

Wow that picture of the crowd is insane!

I'm sure after this release DSF will be seriously re-evaluating their pin purchasing policies, and hopefully coming up with a fair and less-stress-inducing scenario. There has to be a better solution than this. I just hope the solution isn't to stop producing pins...

DSF should just send all of their pins to DisneyStore.com and let everyone across the country fight it out online! :D :naughty:

I don't think they should do "releases." They should just stock them randomly and at random times and let the cards fall where they may.

This is just too emotionally fueled and it is super disheartening to see. I joined this board right before the release was annouced and so many people seem so much angier now. :( Is it worth all this? I just like my pretty pins.

wow am i late to the party or what? what the hell happened now? i guess i'll go back a few pages and read....i do see the same drama however.....funny its ALWAYS the same people.

DSF should just send all of their pins to DisneyStore.com and let everyone across the country fight it out online! :D :naughty:

That was already tried and didn't work either (Disney Auctions, Disneyshopping.com). Disney had so many complaints and problems with those releases as well.

March Hare, I don't know anything about that. I just saw a lot of people defending him and saying how it wasn't fair that he didn't get his wristband. I'm just trying to help someone out. It's good karma, after all. I like helping others.

Thats right Echo! help me! :lol::x: BOLT BOLT BOLT!!! I'll buy or trade and pay for gas!

I was a bigger fan of the ds.com releases than I am of the more recent DSF ones. Yes, there were more of us trying to get an LE300 at midnight, but at least we didn't have people camping out in front of the computer for 3 days. Complaints? Sure, there were complaints, but nothing that put people's safety at risk, especially children.

I've also read a lot of comments people saying that only pin traders should have preference over these pins as opposed to re-sellers. In all honesty, I know a lot of pin traders who at one point or another, have sold their pins. Heck, there's a good number of pin traders here on the forum who re-sell pins. There will always be people who do this. It is like this with anything collectible.

Will DSF change their release to a lottery? No idea, but I would prefer that. We'll see what happens after today. I just hope that we get some sort of statement from DSF, concerning their future releases.

One thing I am curious about was the closing of threads here on DPF. Was this also done on Pin Talk as well? Or was this isolated to only DPF?

Congrats to those of you who will be going home with these spiffy Beloved Tales. And for those of you who camped out for 3 days, please... Take a shower.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back