• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What Time will you be lining up for the Beloved Tales Dsf April 13th release

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I am curious about was the closing of threads here on DPF. Was this also done on Pin Talk as well? Or was this isolated to only DPF

Not enough people are active on Pin Talk so it doesn't really matter. DSF did temporarily remove the postings on their Facebook page.

That was already tried and didn't work either (Disney Auctions, Disneyshopping.com). Disney had so many complaints and problems with those releases as well.

I wasn't around for the Disney Auctions pins... but I did stay up many nights at 3 AM to purchase pins from Disneyshopping/ DisneyStore.com. I don't recall there ever being any MAJOR problems. The only issues I remember were...

-Occasionally orders would say they went through at the time of purchase, and then some people would get the "dreaded email" in the morning saying that the order was cancelled (meaning they overfilled the orders).

-Before they set a one or two pin-per-person limit, some buyers would snatch up tons of the pins before others had a chance (but now that they do set purchasing limits this wouldn't really be an issue).

-I recall with one of the Tink/Jessica "dressed as character" releases you had to call in your order in the morning instead of purcashing online (I think this was around the time they were trying to start limiting the amount of pins someone could purchase, but the online system wasn't cooperating yet).

I am sure they had many complaints and problems, but complaining from a phone or computer seems so much better than having people crowd in an alley where people could physically get hurt.

I think that DSF should stop producing BEloved Tales pins before someone is really hurt and have a big lawsuit that have to close the store.

In 5 years, I'm going to wander to some garage sale and find a framed and complete BT set that I'm going to buy for $25........ bwahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

this made my day, after being almost in tears reading all this. And its funny how easily people are like sheep. Just 10 months ago i went to DSF for the first time in my life and ate a PTD and then purchse 9 BTpins that had been hanging around since the last relase for traders. I had just also gone to my frist inperson event last april where people generously offered BT for my LEpins--just astraight LE300 for LE300...Now all the sudden these pins start riots and cause people to push and act like rude animals...barf. No thanks. I perfer to keep my super happy memory of my lovely trip to Aneheim last week and the wonderful time at Marisssa's.

Lastly this thread was closed?? WTF? This is the worst thing i heard of on here...and i can NOT believe any moderator even entertained this. Us talking isnt causing the cluster f*ck at the soda fountain, the soda fountain is!

A lottery system would be the way to go in my opinion. :)
I didn't go to the release and glad I didn't. I would not want to be part of that! However I did want those pins. ;)

I am actually disheartened by all this and to see that young children were there to see this...not so magical memories with pin trading. Pins are sexy but not worth getting your face slapped. If this is the way some pin traders or even DPF members act in their own social lives, I truly, would never want to be friends with them. why you may ask> Because they are capable of doing that to you. I think that a lot of wounds need to be healed. I actually got there on time and ditched my date and someone tried to slap me in the face and trying to get in front of me. ummm not cute. A 28 year old gay man is not about to hit a 50+ lady?? Not in a million years! I have more class than her. She will remain a villain and from what I hear villains dont get hotter and sexier by age like a princess does or a prince. I didnt get a wristband but at least i was able to go to a party in the Holly Wood Hills. I woke up next to a cute guy drinking mimosas. now those are magical memories.

xx, Prince Eric

I am actually disheartened by all this and to see that young children were there to see this...not so magical memories with pin trading. Pins are sexy but not worth getting your face slapped. If this is the way some pin traders or even DPF members act in their own social lives, I truly, would never want to be friends with them. why you may ask> Because they are capable of doing that to you. I think that a lot of wounds need to be healed. I actually got there on time and ditched my date and someone tried to slap me in the face and trying to get in front of me. ummm not cute. A 28 year old gay man is not about to hit a 50+ lady?? Not in a million years! I have more class than her. She will remain a villain and from what I hear villains dont get hotter and sexier by age like a princess does or a prince. I didnt get a wristband but at least i was able to go to a party in the Holly Wood Hills. I woke up next to a cute guy drinking mimosas. now those are magical memories.

xx, Prince Eric

+ 1 on this....except that this villainess intends to keep getting hotter and sexier as I get older! ;)

Yes. The gum ball machines are released on the 20th. They may or may not generate as much hype as BTs, with Russel being one of the pins.

Wow that picture of the crowd is insane!

I'm sure after this release DSF will be seriously re-evaluating their pin purchasing policies, and hopefully coming up with a fair and less-stress-inducing scenario. There has to be a better solution than this. I just hope the solution isn't to stop producing pins...

DSF should just send all of their pins to DisneyStore.com and let everyone across the country fight it out online! :D :naughty:
This is exactly what I was thinking. I've only been to DSF once, 3 years ago, on my birthday. They should just sell OE rack pins, Hollywood themed, for the touristy people. Let the parks or .com sell the LE's since this has just gotten way too big for that tiny store.

Just got off of the phone with Stuart aka Disneypin99 who is at DSF - he asked me to post the following

The Enchanted Beloved Tales did not arrive at DSF, they are to be paid for today and then a phone call will go out when they come in, you will then be able to pick them up or they can be mailed.

Also there is no surprise pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back