• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

what to do with scrappers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what to do with scrappers?

Disneydan

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi all-

well before I was educated from this forum, I bought a "lot" on ebay....

I got them in today, and ofcourse, all feel like plastic and fakes.

So in your experiences, what have you done with these ones?

Just throw them away?

But what DO people do with them if you find one while you're trading, brought it home, checked with pinpics and found out it was a fake?

From what I've seen and heard, some people turn them into charms for jewelry as seen on etsy. That's the only thing I can think of...

I teach in a poorer area in Phoenix. I hand them out to them, if they've done something special, above the ordinary. I wear a Disney pin every day at school - so they get real excited to get a pin and wear it like their teacher does! I doubt they'll go to Disney or give it away - so I don't mind sharing a little magic. If you want (or anyone) want to send me scrappers, the kids would love them.
Thanks!

Aww that is a great idea!

I teach in a poorer area in Phoenix. I hand them out to them, if they've done something special, above the ordinary. I wear a Disney pin every day at school - so they get real excited to get a pin and wear it like their teacher does! I doubt they'll go to Disney or give it away - so I don't mind sharing a little magic. If you want (or anyone) want to send me scrappers, the kids would love them.
Thanks!

I gave my "lot" I got from the bay to my little sister..... and she lovvvvvves them! Seeing a bag of 20 pins, her eyes lit up and she went through each one and made a story/connection why she loved them :)

Thanks!

Hey Jules, I know it's summer, but are you still doing this/planning to do this next school year? I have a little pile of 15 or 20 scrappers here that I don't know what to do with.

I have had fun with scrappers in the past. I have made necklaces, rings, buttons and hair clips. Scrappers should not be traded on the forums but you can do lots of creative things with them. Glue them onto a jewelery box or make chimes with them. the sky is the limit.In my opinion if it is on a cast lanyard it is a scrapper and if you get one off a lanyard trade it back and tell them it is fake.

Happy trades
Kirk

Thanks!

Are you still doing this??? Let me know. :)

Good job, That is a great way to promote pin trading with the kids today. Donate your scrappers to Elementary schools so teachers can use them for the same reason.

I am still collecting scrappers to share with the kiddos for the 2012-2013 school year. I myself have gone through my stash and found a couple of scrappers and a few dubious pins. But I would LOVE to have some more pins to share. Send your scrappers to me and my 2nd graders!!! PM me and I will give you more info!

Julie!

what to do with scrappers? well shame on me cause i was gonna be a wise *** and say throw them at sharks BUT I FEEL AWEFUL now.....i absolutly love all the ideas and solutions all of you fun creative people have thought of...besides jules there are a couple of other folks on here who also did the same for their class, i thought a nurse in the kids ward also handed them out as a pick me up. Another girl i traded with asked for mine because she makes magnets with them and then gives them as gifts.

Jules if you dont mind perhpas you could start a thread titled "where to donate scrappers" and 'mi sure folks will scan it and others like yourself can post if they can use them..i think that would be really useful.

I give my scrapper to nieces. My wife is taking so to school with her to give to her students. Stay away from Lots on the bay. If it doesnt say authentic then dont buy them. It sux but I had to learn the hard way as well. I hate the advise people give that they can go to the bay and get a lot of pins to take with them to there Disney Vacation to trade. Its like putting counterfiet money into cirrucation. Let's do our part in educating people and take scrappers and fakes out of the trading game.

These are some great ideas..... I know this is rather early but I feel ideas for christmas present for some of my friends in the form of bracelets, photo fames and Jewelry boxes etc..... have a rather large lot from when I wasn't clued up on scrappers and brought a lot. At least it is better than having them sit in the back of the drawer or putting them in the bin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back