• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What would you wish upon a star? -The Third Designer Collection- VERY PICTURE HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you wish upon a star? -The Third Designer Collection- VERY PICTURE HEAVY

MagicLover1

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone!
For the past few months I have been looking everywhere for any rumors or anything about the third Disney Designer collection in 2013, if there is one. I bet there will be. Anywho, I decided to make an entire thread to discuss what we would wish for with these gal, or even gents! I hope you all enjoy this. I also want to apologize for having many images, I didn't plan for all the ones at the bottom.
:madhatter:
I'll add more to these lists as you all reply. Last year we had the Princesses, this most recent year we had Villains. What next? I dream of Princes, though I know you all wish for other collection.

Disney-Prince-Line-Up-disney-princess-25152620-970-294.jpg

Disney Prince Designer Collection
Now even though this is my inner child fantasy come true, I would have a difficult time thinking of different styles for the boys.
Wouldn't most of them be in suits? Well, I did find this picture that made me die in happiness. Credit goes to Cor104 for their amazing and wonderful design. So who would you like in this collection? My number one would be Phillip, hands down. My crushes from my first 15 years were all "based" on him. He is perfect. Please tell me who you'd want!
1. Phillip from Sleeping Beauty
2. Eric from The Little Mermaid
3. Flynn from Rapunzel

designer_princes_by_cor104-d5l3hwz.png

Official_princess_line_up.png
Disney Historically Accurate Designer Collection
In the reply's I heard many people wanted a new version of the first princess line. I as well wanted it and tried to think of a new ideas for their styles. I then remembered Shoomlah's Historical Disney Princesses. I have heard more than a handful of times people wanting to see these be made. The exact design will probably never happen, due to it being AMAZING fanart, but maybe Disney will make an exception :D
1. Aurora from Sleeping Beauty
2. Belle from Beauty and the Beast
3. Ariel from The Little Mermaid
4. Rapunzel from Tangled
5. Snow White from Snow White and the Seven Dwarves
vzx0zq.png

20idvr6.png

Disney-Heroines-Lineup-childhood-animated-movie-heroines-29877936-689-387.png
Disney Heroine Designer Collection
I believe this is the fan favorite. Personally I see no troubles with Disney making a heroine collection. I mean, I'd absolutely love it! I can tell that Esmeralda and Megara would be the Ariel's of the collection. Though non the less, I see it possible. Sophiesmile did a wonderful rendition of the Heroines in designer dress. From this collection, I don't know who I'd like to see, can I say all of them? Our own Disneygirl333 did her own design for Jessie! Also, our own ImNotBad designed Jessica Rabbit!
1. Esmeralda from The Hunchback of Notre Dame
2. Megara from Hercules
3.Wendy from Peter Pan
4. Kida from Atlantis
5. Merida from Brave
6. Jane from Tarzan
7. Jessie from Toy Story (I guess 2?)
8. Jessica Rabbit from Who Framed Roger Rabbit

disney_designer_heroines_v_2_by_sophiesmile-d4zp3yq.png

30c7rpi.jpg
34yr58l.jpg
2u4j7l4.jpg

JessicaRabbitDesignerDoll.jpg

Villain2Back.jpg
Disney Male Villains Designer Collection
This is also a fan favorite. Due to much disappointment of no males in the previous collection. Unlike the princes, many things can be done with these males. I personally want to see Dr. Facilleir and Gaston. I would love to see this, but in 2014. Sadly I cannot find any examples of our favorite boys, but I hope we do see them soon!
1. Dr. Facilleir from The Princess and The Frog
2. Gaston from Beauty and The Beast
3. Hades from Hercules
4. Frollo from
The Hunchback of Notre Dame
5. Hades from Hercules
6. Shan Yu from Mulan

Disney-Princesses-Wedding-disney-princess-10306028-700-525.jpg
Disney Princess Bride Designer Collection
This idea, I discovered when searching hours on end for anything, or even discussion. I feel as if this is the least likely of the bunch, but still...I have dreams. There is almost no evidence supporting this idea. but still:
http://www.wdwforgrownups.com/forum/rumor-designer-disney-princess-bride-dolls - I would love to see Designer Brides, especially if they wore the Alfred Angelo dresses. <3 To be honest, the Sleeping Beauty wedding gown is my dream dress. I mean, I showed it to my family and my best friend since childhood, and they all saw me going down the aisle in it. So if there were to be a doll, my favorite princess, in my dream wedding gown, Well...I'd die! I'm going to put all the advertisement pictures of the dresses. There is a total of 25 picture here, so if you wish, skip them.
1. Aurora from Sleeping Beauty

Snow White:
152hwns.png

Cinderella:
2e3xu6v.png

Aurora:
207t1g8.png

Ariel:
mj0nkk.png

Belle:
211mkhh.png

Jasmine:
2n8sa51.png

Tiana:
35heern.png

Rapunzel:
bakyf.png

Last edited:
Definitely voting for Heroines, and I want a Merida more than anything. I think its marketable if the LE # is reasonably lower than the Villains collection. :)

Edit: For the princes, I actually don't think they would be in suits. If I can find my designs, I'd love to share them. I imagine them more so in their normal outfits, that are accented or altered to match their complementing Princesses :)

I would also just die for a Villains collection of males. Jafar, Hades, Dr. Facillier, Frollo, etc. They would be marvelous! But I think that is very outlandish and I'm probably out of luck!

Last edited:
Definitely voting for Heroines, and I want a Merida more than anything. I think its marketable if the LE # is reasonably lower than the Villains collection. :)

Edit: For the princes, I actually don't think they would be in suits. If I can find my designs, I'd love to share them. I imagine them more so in their normal outfits, that are accented or altered to match their complementing Princesses :)

I would also just die for a Villains collection of males. Jafar, Hades, Dr. Facillier, Frollo, etc. They would be marvelous! But I think that is very outlandish and I'm probably out of luck!
I love all of you idea, I would love to see your designs! Ahh yes, I knew I forgot something, the male villains, I see them more as 2014, seeing if we would get many collections.

Am I missing something? Was there even a dollmageddon 2? I mean most of the designer villains are still available on DS.com. I really love the sketches of the heroine series. Where'd you find that?

AgentofAnarchy, they could do so much with him. Well with any of the characters from Hercules!
Rubyslipperedgoddess, on multiple websites, not official ones, the has referenced the Villain to dollMAGEDDON 2. Though if it's false information, I can change it
:D There is a link on the word Sophiesmile, there is the link to where I found the picture

Last edited:
Here is a sketch I did for a Jessie designer doll:

30c7rpi.jpg

34yr58l.jpg

2u4j7l4.jpg

I would love a heroines line and a designer Eric and Flynn. :D

Or Id love a revamped version of the first princess line so I could get a Belle, Ariel and Rapunzel! ;)

For the heroine collection, who is the girl in the pink on the far left? In that collection, I really like the Meg, Jane, and Wendy. Actually, I like almost all of them except... I don't want to sound critical or anything, but I don't really like the Lilo or Nani. Lilo just looks too old, and Nani's hair and dress just don't look like her.

Designer prince collection sounds good, also the heroine collection :)

Also I agree with disneygirl333 simply because I would like a Snow White doll to go with my Evil Queen!

For the heroine collection, who is the girl in the pink on the far left? In that collection, I really like the Meg, Jane, and Wendy. Actually, I like almost all of them except... I don't want to sound critical or anything, but I don't really like the Lilo or Nani. Lilo just looks too old, and Nani's hair and dress just don't look like her.

Princess Eilonwy from The Black Cauldron :)

Disneygirl333, I absolutely love your design! Jessie seriously needs more love, and I think she looks beautiful! I also agree, a revamp of the princesses in different outfits. Can you imagine 80's theme?

Lumpylover, I agree 100%. As much as I love Nani and Lilo, I wouldn't like them as designer dolls, it would just be strange..

Snow, I also agree, I want a Aurora for my Maleficent. Also, I didn't really love​ the Aurora Designer doll

Here is a sketch I did for a Jessie designer doll:

30c7rpi.jpg

34yr58l.jpg

2u4j7l4.jpg

I would love a heroines line and a designer Eric and Flynn. :D

Or Id love a revamped version of the first princess line so I could get a Belle, Ariel and Rapunzel! ;)
Would you mind if I included on of these pictures in the post, also crediting you?

Disneygirl333, I absolutely love your design! Jessie seriously needs more love, and I think she looks beautiful! I also agree, a revamp of the princesses in different outfits. Can you imagine 80's theme?

Lumpylover, I agree 100%. As much as I love Nani and Lilo, I wouldn't like them as designer dolls, it would just be strange..

Snow, I also agree, I want a Aurora for my Maleficent. Also, I didn't really love​ the Aurora Designer doll

I've seen Aurora on eBay recently going for £77 GBP.. Mint in Box and a couple of Buy It Now prices lowest being £190 GBP.

Snow White is more expensive though :( Can't afford it.

AgentofAnarchy, they could do so much with him. Well with any of the characters from Hercules!
Rubyslipperedgoddess, on multiple websites, not official ones, the has referenced the Villain to dollMAGEDDON 2. Though if it's false information, I can change it
:D There is a link on the word Sophiesmile, there is the link to where I found the picture

What I meant was that how could the designer villainess wave be considered dollmageddon 2 when nothing happened. The website didn't crash, there were no crazy stories where people got in fights while waiting in line at the mall and well as I said...they're mostly still available. Referring to it as dollmageddon 2 is like saying that 12-21-2012 really was the end of the world.

Just my opinion. If other people say it was dollmageddon 2, than don't let my logic get in the way. :D

Snow, Really? on eBay ( I live in the United states) the cheapest is $320 (£242.19) The cheapest Snow is $100 (£75.68). Dang scalpers..

What I meant was that how could the designer villainess wave be considered dollmageddon 2 when nothing happened. The website didn't crash, there were no crazy stories where people got in fights while waiting in line at the mall and well as I said...they're mostly still available. Referring to it as dollmageddon 2 is like saying that 12-21-2012 really was the end of the world.

Just my opinion. If other people say it was dollmageddon 2, than don't let my logic get in the way. :D
You are very correct! I'm a bit disappointed they are taking a long time to sell, even though others are able to get the ones they want. Though, when I realized that Maleficent went on sale a couple days before realizing, I was devastated, though I was luck to get her 3 days after the sale, at a low number too! 02525 of 13,000. I may have gotten my facts a little confused, but thank you so much for explaining it to me!

I agree that there has still only been one Dollmageddon so far (and let us hope that is the only one we will ever see! It was horrible to go through! :( ).

All of your proposed ideas are certainly ones that have been on people's minds. :) It will be interesting to see what direction the Disney Store goes, especially after the prolonged availability of the Designer Villains collection... I am sure that slower sales will make them nervous about releasing a big product line for even more characters that are not considered big sales power-houses. Of your proposals, the Princess bridal theme would seem to be most likely. Disney knows that Princesses sell well--and quickly! Wedding themes are also popular (how many Wedding Cinderella doll releases have we seen lately?!?).

If I were to pick a theme as a "wish upon the evening star," I would pick a Designer Prince line, but one that made really detailed deluxe versions of their existing outfits, keeping them in their own respective time eras. Many of the princes are really defined by their easy recognizable costumes, since most (but not all) are accessories to the princesses. Putting the princes in modern suits might not make a varied enough line to justify a whole marketing campaign...

Oh wow Shiva! I read your whole discussion of the Disney Dolls Appreciation! I only joined the site so I could reply on it, though for some reason every time I try to reply it doesn't appear. You're right, Dollmageddon 2 hasn't happened due to the sad sales of our villains. I think that they should have done more Princesses and less Villains, though both are loved. Princesses are more popular. They have really only released wedding dolls of Cinderella, Ariel, Belle, and Rapunzel (In recent times) and they ave done well, but I want to see more Design wedding dresses. I can see deluxe prince outfits, I think they'd sell worse that the Villains though. This is only because they are "Trophy Husbands" to many people, while to us they are brave, charming, strong, caring, the list can go on. I hope to see one of these next year!

I was thinking what there would be. The rumors seemed slim for Designer Villains so we might not get ant clues again. Maybe a Designer Faries collection. Could include Tink, Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Sprite from Fantasia, Fairy Godmother. Of course there would be a lot of redesign there with the older ladies.

Also thought they might try to revive the original success of the first line making Princesses again, possibly in Designer Bride dresses.

Designer Heroines seems to be the logical choice but I can't see it being called that. Designer Leading Ladies seems better - but I SO WANT Designer Jessica Rabbit!!! I made one possible look for her.

I was thinking what there would be. The rumors seemed slim for Designer Villains so we might not get ant clues again. Maybe a Designer Faries collection. Could include Tink, Blue Fairy, Flora, Fauna, Merryweather, Sprite from Fantasia, Fairy Godmother. Of course there would be a lot of redesign there with the older ladies.

Also thought they might try to revive the original success of the first line making Princesses again, possibly in Designer Bride dresses.

Designer Heroines seems to be the logical choice but I can't see it being called that. Designer Leading Ladies seems better - but I SO WANT Designer Jessica Rabbit!!! I made one possible look for her.

I was thinking of a fairy collection too, I kinda worry that they'd possibly skinny them up? I likee Leading Ladies more, I'll have to fix that. and your Jessica Rabbit is AMAZING! Very beautiful design, I love her hair the most

The one I absolutely want most is a Male Designer Villains set! I've said it before, but just imagine... Dr. Facilier in a zoot suit! Hades with a flaming fedora! Shan Yu with something in fur-lined brocade! And so on...

The one I absolutely want most is a Male Designer Villains set! I've said it before, but just imagine... Dr. Facilier in a zoot suit! Hades with a flaming fedora! Shan Yu with something in fur-lined brocade! And so on...
I am now currently dying of anticipation :D

I would love to see the leading ladies and the male villains. I dunno if they would ever do the princes, unless they did them at a very limited edition size. Most people, as MagicLover1 said, see them as trophy husbands. Also all of the princes have generic designs they really can't do too much with them. They could get away with the male villains because they generally have more elaborate and interesting designs. A fairies collection with the Blue Fairy, 3 good fairies, Fairy God mother ect would be cool but I think they would more than likely do the fairies in Tinkerbell's line than the classic characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back