• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What would you wish upon a star? -The Third Designer Collection- VERY PICTURE HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you wish upon a star? -The Third Designer Collection- VERY PICTURE HEAVY
OMG I'd love the brides collection!

I would love to see the leading ladies and the male villains. I dunno if they would ever do the princes, unless they did them at a very limited edition size. Most people, as MagicLover1 said, see them as trophy husbands. Also all of the princes have generic designs they really can't do too much with them. They could get away with the male villains because they generally have more elaborate and interesting designs. A fairies collection with the Blue Fairy, 3 good fairies, Fairy God mother ect would be cool but I think they would more than likely do the fairies in Tinkerbell's line than the classic characters.
I feel rather than making designer dolls, redesigning the princes, like they just recently did with the Princesses. Phillip is my favorite prince, and his classic doll is a bit horrid. I just want a new mold of something. They probably would replace the original fairies with the Pixiehollow ones. I feel we're on the exact same page!

wauw great pictures!

I also think that either a designer line with heroines or a rerun of the princesses might be at order, considering Merida is to be crowned as an official princess this coming year. So sounds like a good reason to me.
I like the idea of a fairy designer line as well but yes I'm also afraid that all the godmother, flora, fauna en merriweather would lose their charm if they were to be displayed skinny. I would however be very excited about the pinocchio fairy though.

I'm not the only one? I would die to see them in the Alfred Angelo dresses! Which is your favorite?

Disney Bride here -- just made the final payment on the second Rapunzel wedding gown and veil. I saw all of the gowns in person, including the Maidens (my bridesmaids are in Disney Maidens dresses) and Blossoms (little girls) -- the whole collection is mindblowingly beautiful (and stupid expensive). As a Disney Bride, if they made a Designer Wedding collection, I would just throw my wallet at the Disney Store.

From a marketing standpoint: the Heroines collection makes sense. From a personal standpoint, I don't know how I'd feel about the Designer Princes or Male Villains. I like the idea, but I don't know how I'd feel about the actual dolls. I don't think male dolls are Disney's strong suit, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Oh, and the Shmoola's historical costumes blow my mind. Last year, my two best friends and I started recreating Rapunzel and Meg, and we drafted our own designs for historical Ellowyne. We're hoping to have them finalized and ready to wear for this year's Dragon*Con provided I don't lose my mind from my wedding first.

I would love a Designer Jessica pin but I feel like it wouldn't really do much considering Jessica has so many pins where she is dressed as other people and she looks like she is decked out in designer dresses. I feel like a Designer Jessica would end up looking...well...kind of like a lot of other pins of her haha which would be really pretty :)

I'd love a Designer Princes, but I don't have any princesses or villains so I feel like I'm kind of late in this Designer game :( (and the sad part to is that I joined the night the Designer Villains went up so I didn't know how popular they would be and I didn't buy any sets...I had 2 hours to buy one, but that is water under the bridge at this point).

I think I would love a Designer Prince or Designer Male Villain set first and foremost. I would prefer they have a giant Designer collection in the end with one of each character kind of. The Designer Heroines would also be nice, I'd love to see some of the ones mentioned (specifically Megara first and foremost).

wauw great pictures!

I also think that either a designer line with heroines or a rerun of the princesses might be at order, considering Merida is to be crowned as an official princess this coming year. So sounds like a good reason to me.
I like the idea of a fairy designer line as well but yes I'm also afraid that all the godmother, flora, fauna en merriweather would lose their charm if they were to be displayed skinny. I would however be very excited about the pinocchio fairy though.
Oh I would love the blue fairy! She is the most gorgeous Disney fairy :D

Disney Bride here -- just made the final payment on the second Rapunzel wedding gown and veil. I saw all of the gowns in person, including the Maidens (my bridesmaids are in Disney Maidens dresses) and Blossoms (little girls) -- the whole collection is mindblowingly beautiful (and stupid expensive). As a Disney Bride, if they made a Designer Wedding collection, I would just throw my wallet at the Disney Store.

From a marketing standpoint: the Heroines collection makes sense. From a personal standpoint, I don't know how I'd feel about the Designer Princes or Male Villains. I like the idea, but I don't know how I'd feel about the actual dolls. I don't think male dolls are Disney's strong suit, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Oh, and the Shmoola's historical costumes blow my mind. Last year, my two best friends and I started recreating Rapunzel and Meg, and we drafted our own designs for historical Ellowyne. We're hoping to have them finalized and ready to wear for this year's Dragon*Con provided I don't lose my mind from my wedding first.
happy%20crying.png

Congratulations! A Disney bride :D I am so happy for you, the dress is absolutely amazing! If Disney does this line, then I would do the same exact thing. I think they could pull off the Male Villains, though the Princes have gotten the shorthand. I would love to be surprised by Princes all...dolled up? Hah! Oh really? I would love to see what you two came up with. I bet the costumes will look great! I wish you the best of luck on you wedding, I bet you will look gorgeous in your dress

I would love a Designer Jessica pin but I feel like it wouldn't really do much considering Jessica has so many pins where she is dressed as other people and she looks like she is decked out in designer dresses. I feel like a Designer Jessica would end up looking...well...kind of like a lot of other pins of her haha which would be really pretty :)

I'd love a Designer Princes, but I don't have any princesses or villains so I feel like I'm kind of late in this Designer game :( (and the sad part to is that I joined the night the Designer Villains went up so I didn't know how popular they would be and I didn't buy any sets...I had 2 hours to buy one, but that is water under the bridge at this point).

I think I would love a Designer Prince or Designer Male Villain set first and foremost. I would prefer they have a giant Designer collection in the end with one of each character kind of. The Designer Heroines would also be nice, I'd love to see some of the ones mentioned (specifically Megara first and foremost).
Jessica is beautiful, they can do anything with her and she'd look great! I know what you mean, I only discovered the Designer dolls when the Villains came out, I have Maleficent :D I know exactly what you mean, it would be wonderful!

With all the movie releases coming out this year on blu-ray and such, I feel like a designer leading ladies line would be much more interesting, and it offers something so different. I am so in love with Jessica Rabbit, and considering Who Framed Roger Rabbit is getting released on blu-ray, it only makes sense to do SOMETHING with her. Also, the Hunchback of Notre Dame is being released as well, and I would die for a LE Esmeralda even more so a designer Esmeralda. Disney is also promising to pay more attention to forgotten characters and bring out villains this year at Disney World, so maybe they are giving the underdogs a shot and finally remembering that there are actually characters beyond princesses :)

I also thought about if Disney really wants to stick to princesses only, maybe they could dress them up in their prince's clothes in a female version? Just a thought but that would be a cool line to me

I feel like Disney wouldn't do the Prince dolls because male characters aren't favorited. As cool and detailed as they could be, I doubt they would go through with that when they can do something more elaborate with the princesses. I sketched up some pictures of what I think they could do with a designer Prince line, where their princesses are wearing a design based off of their clothes. Unfortunately, Disney does not pay any attention to male characters, and I feel this is as close as it would get:

Beast:
http://emmaferreira.tumblr.com/post/39539631269/designer-beast
Aladdin and Flynn Rider:
http://emmaferreira.tumblr.com/post/39540508256/designer-aladdin-and-flynn-rider
Phillip, Eric, and Snow's Prince:
http://emmaferreira.tumblr.com/post/39543821112/designer-eric-snow-whites-prince-and-phillip

I like this idea, but I feel like most people would just interpret it as Disney just turning their princes into princesses. Though I do completely agree that princes aren't favorited so I don't think they'd make a whole big pin line dedicated to them. I'd love for them to do a thing where they have the Designer Princesses and Princes interacting, that would be interesting :)

I feel like Disney wouldn't do the Prince dolls because male characters aren't favorited. As cool and detailed as they could be, I doubt they would go through with that when they can do something more elaborate with the princesses. I sketched up some pictures of what I think they could do with a designer Prince line, where their princesses are wearing a design based off of their clothes. Unfortunately, Disney does not pay any attention to male characters, and I feel this is as close as it would get:

Beast:
http://emmaferreira.tumblr.com/post/39539631269/designer-beast
Aladdin and Flynn Rider:
http://emmaferreira.tumblr.com/post/39540508256/designer-aladdin-and-flynn-rider
Phillip, Eric, and Snow's Prince:
http://emmaferreira.tumblr.com/post/39543821112/designer-eric-snow-whites-prince-and-phillip

I agree, my first choice is for them to make the actually Male designer dolls, they would look so good with their designer princess ones so what are they WAITING FOR?

I LOVE the brides too. But I don't think the designer series will continue after the failure of the villains.

I LOVE the brides too. But I don't think the designer series will continue after the failure of the villains.
I'm going to have to respectfully disagree here. The Villains were only a failure from the standpoint of a resell value for the dolls. I'd be shocked if Disney didn't make more money off them than they did the princesses, even including the fact that the Villains merchandise eventually went on sale.
First you have to consider that for this collection they only had to create designs for 6 Villains instead of 10 Princesses, meaning the design hours that went into the Villains collection was likely lower (and therefore lest costly). And a higher edition size means the dolls would have cost less to make per doll. Plus, in the U.S. at least the dolls initially sold for a $20 price increase per doll.
Also, the pins and lithos for the Villains were still a pretty much instant sell-out (at least in the US).

Ah! I had made a long post replying to everyone on the 3rd, but I accidentally changed the page.. So I shall restart!
theEminaytor, I really hope that they do make a heroine line, and doing something with Jessica would be great! I absolutely love the LE dolls, maybe even more that the Designer!
lost-sun-princess, Would they be able to make Giselle? I mean she would be in the likeness of Amy Adams (DO you know how much she get's paid for Giselle merchandise?)
theEminaytor, Hey! I don't know if you know this, but I'm currently following you on Tumblr! I absolutely love you idea :D (I'm Carlamoore, or Once Upon A Long Dream)
kupo1121, ​You know, I'm really disappointing on how little love the Princes get, I mean, Flynn has been getting a huge lot of love because of Tangled being the most recent release. But still! For example, Snow's prince? I never see love for him! I just want Disney to do new molds for Phillip, Charming, and Prince!
theEminaytor, I am so happy the boys are getting fan love! What would you like to see them in?
ImNotBad, I absolutely love that design, Versace did her justice. She looks magnificent :D
karkura, I don't think the villains were a total failure, I mean sure. They aren't as popular as the princesses, but they did do good :D
MegglesM, This. x100. I think they did well overall, and I just hope that they continue on!

My wish, even before the Villains line was confirmed, was for Disney to make a Prince Designer collection. For instance, I have Rapunzel & Gothel, Ariel & Ursula and Maleficent & Aurora. I would love to have their corresponding Princes to go along with the respective Movie line of characters! And I know they'll be a success, I can see crazed fan girls and collectors line up to pick them. My 2nd pick would be the Princess brides, not to mention people will have a 2nd chance to pick a Designer princess they missed on the 1st wave of Designer dolls, they wouldn't be the same but hey that's better than nothing.

PS: That Cinderella Bride sketch is dope! Congrats to the artist :)

I would love to have their corresponding Princes to go along with the respective Movie line of characters! And I know they'll be a success, I can see crazed fan girls and collectors line up to pick them.

That's the thing, I'm not so sure they'll be a big hit. The princesses are easily the biggest thing Disney owns and the villains are also quite popular, they get a lot of attention too. However, the princes never get much attention anywhere, merchandise, in the parks, and in games for pete's sake, princes never are shown all that much (besides Beast). This might stem largely from the fact that the princes are not popular. I mean, you said you can see crazed fan girls lining up, but I can see crazed fan girls lining up to buy a Designer Stromboli from Pinocchio doll. The thing is, I don't think it would actually happen in real life :( Guaranteed the princes wouldn't be as successful as the princesses, nothing will be besides more princesses. The question is whether they could compete with the villains :(

The thing about that is, I read on the Disney Blog it takes about 18 months of production for the Designer collections, from first design to finished product I believe. That means, if Disney DID start a Third series, it would already have been halfway in production right now. So they had to start making the third series before even knowing IF the Villains would be a hit or not. I don't think the Villains did that bad. It was the high edition size that kept them around so long, and Disney really did that FOR their customers - so people who really wanted them Could get them. I think the price increase for the dolls created less profit loss for Disney also.

Snow, Really? on eBay ( I live in the United states) the cheapest is $320 (£242.19) The cheapest Snow is $100 (£75.68). Dang scalpers..

I was lucky and got snow on eBay just before Christmas for $140....and today a miracle: found a Rapunzel for $110 with FREE shipping!!!! I was beginning to lose hope. Too many greedy people asking way too much for these dolls. I'm sorry but $300-$500 per doll is ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back