• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What would you wish upon a star? -The Third Designer Collection- VERY PICTURE HEAVY

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would you wish upon a star? -The Third Designer Collection- VERY PICTURE HEAVY
I heard somewhere I forgot when but this was towards the end of 2011, or early 2012, that the DS artists were working on the dolls based on their concept art. Am I imagining this? I think I read it on Tumblr from a friend, but maybe time will tell since it normally takes 18 months to complete a project.

alex555, Do you think they'll make the boys? And I about people missing out on C1, can get it with the Bridal collection
kupo1121, If only they made a...secret collection? I don't know how to explain it, but only die hard collectors (Not for scalpers) I guess it's just a dream, hey...It's Disney, dreams always come true :D
Dalamara, Lol!
ImNotBad, You just made my day
:hug:
Romancing_Train, That would be amazing! I have to add it to the first post!
jrsinger7, That's amazing! I hope they are getting cheaper!

I heard somewhere I forgot when but this was towards the end of 2011, or early 2012, that the DS artists were working on the dolls based on their concept art. Am I imagining this? I think I read it on Tumblr from a friend, but maybe time will tell since it normally takes 18 months to complete a project.
I really hope you're not imagining this >.< Because, that would be amazing!
Disney-Princesses-Concept-Art-disney-princess-20632306-1120-672.png

Princesses-concept-art-disney-princess-20986231-400-550.png
Credit goes to fanpop.com

I think you're talking about the same article I read? Here's some info I gathered from the designer's Tumblr page and the D23 Blog:

About the Designer Villains:
"You see, these ARE the villains we know and love. They are the essence of what makes these characters so unique. They have just been put through a designers filter. I’ve said it before, but we as artists all are inspired by different things. We all draw differently and we all create differently. These never were meant to represent the characters exactly as they appear in the film, we do that all the time. This is a celebration of character, personality, artistic expression. They are fashion sketches come to life."

About Ursula:
"This was a chance to have a lot of fun and really push the envelope. I looked at the challenge of creating this collection like they were fashion sketches come to life. Not meant to be a literal translation of the film character, but a representation or impression of the character. The colors, attitude and feeling are pure Ursula. It’s her, but it’s not."

About Production Time:
From start to finish, how long does it typically take to get a product into the Stores?
"I think, depending on what it is. Sometimes I just do character art for apparel, and that has a shorter time-span [in production]. So six to eight months, maybe. [Those] can be a lot quicker. For a project like the Disney Villains Designer Collection, probably 12 to 16 months because there’s a lot of exploration going on and it’s just a longer process. We usually work on three, sometimes four seasons’ worth of product all at the same time. So sometimes, you think, “Wait, what season am I in? What year?” And that’s all happening at the same time! Somehow it all gets done."

Yeah I pulled that 18 month production info from that article, but I think it was from a different Tumblr where I heard about the dolls. I remember the blog petitetiaras making a photoset of all the disney princess from their concept art, and then someone reblogged it and said something like "the disney store is currently working on a line of dolls inspired by their concept art." I remember getting excited! I mentioned the 18 month thing because since it was early 2012, it would have taken most of the year to create them, so there should be a release this year. I think that would be cool, but no one take my word for it for a fact because maybe the person wasn't telling the truth lol. But I do know the designer steven thompson has a tumblr. I always want to ask him questions but I feel like he'll be annoyed lol.

Just from the examples/suggestions that you mentioned in your post, I'd love a historically accurate collection or a bride collection. I doubt I'd be interested in any of the male designer collections.

I was browsing Frozen pictures, and bump into this!

Credit goes to Eminaytor at DA:

designer_anna_and_elsa_by_eminaytor-d663o0j.jpg

I really want a Designer Elsa and Anna so badly! Also I think a lot of people want a Designer Merida. Maybe after the 2nd Part of DFDC, we can get Designer Princess part 2 with Elsa, Anna and Merida and they could include Megara, Esmeralda and Kida to complete the set of 6 dolls. But after the fast sell out on the Frozen 17" LE dolls, it would be a bad move on Disney not to use these 2 ladies in a Designer collection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back