• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's going on with DAC Tiana?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's going on with DAC Tiana?

Quasimodo

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just curious if there's some kind of shortage or something. She goes for a lot of $$ on eBay ($75-$100), and ds.com doesn't have any of the 2013 version in stock. Is she staying a part of the line? I don't see how she can be any more popular than the others. I mean, she's my favorite from the original DAC line, but I can't see her being the most sought after.

In case people are wondering what doll I'm talking about (you never know), here's a pic of my DAC Tiana dolls:

Tiana by munkey.bizniss, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've been wondering the same thing. She's the only one I don't have that I'd really like. I haven't even seen the 2013 come into stock online or at my store. And they aren't very popular at my store, the still have 2012s left. I'm perplexed.

Hm, this is so strange. She's the only doll going above market value, and it's been happening since at least early September (according to eBay complete listings). Maybe it's a holiday rush? Maybe it's because the 2013 Tiana hasn't made it online in the US yet.

Oh well, just wondering.

I've been wondering the same thing. She's the only one I don't have that I'd really like. I haven't even seen the 2013 come into stock online or at my store. And they aren't very popular at my store, the still have 2012s left. I'm perplexed.

Are there any 2012 Belle or Pocahontas left? I can't find them anywhere but Ebay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Oh gosh!!! I've been on the hunt for Tiana, for a VERY long time!!!! I'm so bummed that I missed out on her:(

Your local store has Tiana??? Let me know, I live in Texas as well

None of my local stores have Tiana. It seems like the UK got them all, lol.

As for the first edition DAC dolls, the only ones I really see in stores are Jasmine, Cinderella, and Aurora. There are plenty of 2013 DAC dolls, though (minus Tiana of course).

But please, don't anyone spend these ridiculous prices. She'll def be in stock in the New Year. It's just weird that she hasn't shown up yet.

We had Tiana, but once the 2012 dolls ran out, she was gone. We have never received a restock shipment of her. I don't understand why they would stop making her. There may have been a complication or an error or something but it is very unfortunate. She is one of the cutest ones, if not the cutest. We still have plenty of everyone else so I am just lost by this. :( I hope they add her to any re-stock! These dolls haven't been selling well in my store at all, we have them stacked to the ceiling in the back room, so I wouldn't be surprised if they stop making them after this year.

I wouldn't be surprised if they stop making them after this year.

Honestly, I hope that's the case. They shouldn't have a done a second, cheaper line. The plastic they used is so thin, sometimes the dolls faces are squished / warped inside the box (I've seen 3 in stores like this). And all that glitter and the lack of a sidekick? Such a rip off!

They're still making Tiana, but it seems like she's only reached the UK so far.
http://www.disneystore.co.uk/tiana-animator-doll/mp/61709/1336001/

Every doll was so much nicer in the first line. They're going to have to mark these wayyyyy down to push them.

I do have to admit, though, that I'm excited Tiana's popularity picked up. She was the worst seller when the dolls came out 2 years ago, and she was my favorite. But I hope everyone who wants her can get her soon.

Probably just a glitch, actually. Mulan's not marked down, either. Did she just show up online, too? She and Tiana are the only ones that have no reviews yet.

The one on DS.com appears to be the re-release of Tiana (more embroidery on the dress).

All the dolls were re-released this year in different outfits (Belle went from blue dress to yellow dress)

It looks like Tiana had her 2013 debut right before Christmas (and for a good sale too) and now maybe everyone snatched her up? I know I did >>

My store never got 2013 Tiana, OR Mulan OR Jasmine. We got everyone else in their new styles, and even got a bunch of 2012 Aurora. It's weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back