• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's HapPINing? blog update [12/15]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's HapPINing? blog update [12/15]

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Heads up, Figment fans!

From the What's HapPINing blog:
December 15, 2010
We have a great new mystery collection premiering in January at the Walt Disney World® Resort:

Blog_20101215_FigmentMystery.jpg

This collection celebrates the Journey Into Imagination Attraction at Epcot® and features many pins with the loveable Figment. There is a special twist to this collection as it is also a revealed/concealed collection similar to the recent one released for Disney/Pixar Toy Story 3. What is in the concealed collection you ask? Well in news that we're sure will strike a chord with Epcot® fans (especially those who still refer to it as Epcot Center), the concealed collection highlights scenes from the original Journey Into Imagination Attraction as it appeared in 1983. We have an exclusive image of one of these mystery pins that are waiting to be revealed by our Disney pin collectors:

Blog_20101215_Figment.jpg

Brings back a lot of nostalgic memories, doesn't it? Now if you'll excuse us, we're off to find the Dreamfinder. . .

What's not fun is for us California Figgy collectors who probably won't have access to them, and they will sell out in hours. On top of that... I don't even know how many I need because there aren't pics of the rest. So far I know I need at least two of the ones showing, but know nothing about the concealed pins. Ugh, how I DESPISE mystery sets!!!!!

I don't mean to high jack the thread, but every time I see one of these posts on that blog, I am reminded of how foolish they were for getting rid of Timm's job. For every 5 or 6 updates there are for Florida, there is one for Disneyland. Even then, when we get one for Disneyland, it's on something already released most of the time. Steven Miller just doesn't feel the love for us West Coasters because like how Timm started up in Disneyland (Starting in foods back in 1989), Steven started up in Walt Disney World. He doesn't have the connection to the park like Timm did and it shows by the lack of information and planning that goes into Disneyland Resort events now. Walt Disney World has had a couple PTN's but Disneyland seems to skip months now. Really foolish of them. </end rant>

And it's not only that Shane. Every time I see a post on the blog now, you can just tell that they have lost the love for pin trading. There's no "magic" in the posts, just "blah, blah, blah, you folks want info here: we want your money." The grammar/spelling on the posts haven't been the best on them lately either, and probably to worst post from them lately was the PTN pins post, which essentially said "Yadda, Yadda, we're *@(*$ing done with pin trading, here's the last of your bloody pins." Too bad :eeyore:

Linguistically they're pretty lame. Throw in an exclamation mark here or there if you want to at least seem excited (though not so many that it comes off as patronizing). If you're going to use contractions, go whole-hog for a more casual and friendly feel. Pretend, for five minutes, that you care about Figment as much as the people who will want these pins. It isn't hard.

-JD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back