• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

What's HapPINing Blog Update [4/29]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's HapPINing Blog Update [4/29]

thejessta

You guys are the best!
Staff member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
The complete Florida Project catalog and PWP details!

From the What's HapPINing blog:
April 29, 2011

Blog_201104029_FPLogo.jpg

Great news! The full version of Disney Pin Celebration 2011 - The Florida Project catalog is now available for download. Click here to download all 20 pages of retro goodness!

Blog_201104029_PWP.jpg

We've also released the details for our purchase with purchase pins for The Florida Project. Click here to download the flier for a look at these special pins.
To get more information for The Florida Project and here

+1
That's why I'm skipping this one. :sad:

Well, the pin event is still the best trading I have, hands down, so I'll go for that.

BTW, I'll be in Humble in a month or so- let me know if you'd like anything from WDW, and maybe we can meet up for coffee or something. :)

Well, the pin event is still the best trading I have, hands down, so I'll go for that.

BTW, I'll be in Humble in a month or so- let me know if you'd like anything from WDW, and maybe we can meet up for coffee or something. :)

Fantastic! Definitely let us know when you'll be in town. :)

I hope all of you aren't coming just because of the pins? It would be awesome to meet you guys. You could think of it this way - you save more money this year!!! Who knows, you might miss out on several good trades if you don't go :cheshire:

If you aren't going this year, maybe at least go on the public day in you live nearby? Thats better than nothing :)

I agree with all of this both about the prices and the range its difficult I suppose given the theme but I am not really impressed. Going anyway as I am on vacation at this time and I agree its the best trading opportunity oever. However I dont blame anyone for not making a special journey

Jacqui

Well, that's definitely one of the problems they have with these events...they're trying too hard with themes. The themes are great for the T-shirts and promo pins and such, and maybe a pin or two in the catalog. But I think they forget that most of us collect characters, and that a lot of us are to the point that we can't afford (or don't have enough room for) just any old pin.

Do the theme for a few pins and the special purchase stuff, and then give us a series of really NICE designs with our favorite characters just doing what they do best. Where Dreams Come True had a pretty nice series of pins just for that reason...the theme was great in that it allowed the characters to be themselves.

Remember what a mess the Expedition: Pins pins were? I mean, if you looked at that Stitch pin, and you didn't know anything about the "story" behind the event, would you know what the heck was going on? Stitch, hanging in a volcano, grabbing at some weird looking thing...? Yeah. Not great for post-event trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back