• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where are the rest of the characters????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where are the rest of the characters????

blue2581

New DPF Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As we all know, Disney has a PLETHORA of characters that they can make merchandise for and plushes do not count because most people, including kids are not plush fans. However, I'm starting to feel like it's the same characters all the time. I was in the Disney Store the other day and there was a woman asking a cast member where the Wreck it Ralph merchandise was. I thought the same thing to myself, Wreck it Ralph has the potential to have some amazing merch! Are we going to have to wait until Ralph is re released to get more merchandise, similar to how the older movie merch is handled? I can understand the older characters not having as much merchandise because most kids aren't as familiar with them as the newer characters BUT Wreck it Ralph is only a few years old....Meet the Robinsons is another newer film that comes to mind that has AwSoMe characters. I'm turning 33 this year and I can remember when the Disney Store had a lot of variety in their products including some beautiful items, more geared towards the adult Disney fan as well. I have never created a thread before but I haven't seen this topic come up.

i think it has to do with how well they think the merchandise is going to sell as well as how the movie does in general.

and people have their preferences too. just because i want to see some "atlantis: the lost empire" merchandise (urgh, a globe would be so nice), doesn't necessarily the collective people who want that too will be enough for disney to go "okie dokie!"

it's also the whole thing about people saying they want to see something but then when they see it, oh no, sorry, don't want it anymore but i don't really think that's as relevant.

i see a lot of monster inc. university merchandise because it's an established one. i never really got into those movies and am not going to buy the merchandise, but there has been a lot of it from what i've seen.

i don't really follow trends in movies or know how they did at the box office. i just buy merchandise that's been released. if it has, great. if it hasn't, that sucks but not a big issue. there are always other things to collect. not like there isn't merchandise on the movies that are sort of obscure (don't like the term but it sort of fits), just maybe not merchandise that someone might want or not a lot of it.

i really like the movie "cats don't dance" (not a disney film) but the merchandise that i could find is literally some figurines and buttons.

and i've seen a lot of merchandise for wreck it ralph at toys r us at one point. it was cool merch.

also, i think plushies are practical. they can be cuddly material and given to anyone. they can be decorations or a toy to take along on a trip. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back