• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where do they go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where do they go?

momin.ator

Super Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
137   0   0
So, I know I have certain pins. I have held them in my hands and looked at them.
However, there are some of my pins that are missing. Where do they go?

Just decided to lessen my Rapunzel collection so I took several pins off the board, now
they are missing. How can I lose them so quickly? I know they are around, it's not like
I threw them out the door or took them on a car ride. And this is not the first time.

When I saw the post and started reading, I thought you were going to discuss something I have experienced. I'll see a pin somewhere that I am very familiar with and think "I've got that pin." Or I'll be on Pinpics and have it listed as a want and think "Why do I have that listed as a want? I already have it. I must have forgotten to uncheck it." Or similar. And then I will look in my pinbag and I can't find that pin and I think "I swore I have that pin. It's so familiar to me. What could have happened to it?" The more I like a pin, the more this happens. And eventually I realize that I don't own the pin and never did. I have just seen it so many times in my searches and trade offers and similar and it has become so familiar to me, that I think I own it. I call it Phantom Pin Memory or PPM for short. :D

The same happens to me especially when I'm at Wdw I trade a lot of pins there and I can never remember which pins I've traded and I go through my pinpics account and Still find pins that I think I've got then go through my pin bag and relise there not there so I have to take them off and it brings down how many pins I have in my collection which makes me sad :(

Oh I have the answer to this:

In my case, at least, my crappy pins are like gremlins— they reproduce when I’m gone. I think they feed on my good pins bc whenever I go to send traders I can never find my good pins but I have at least 25 new crappy pins and I’m thinking: where the heck did these come from!? It’s the only solution. ‍♀️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I am living this. There's a pin I have. I remember putting it in a box. I do not know where that box is. It can only be in a few places. It is not there. I've gone through my collection (sorting and re-sorting) and I CANNOT FIND THIS STUPID PIN THAT I PUT IN A BOX!

I've been looking for it for at least a year now. I have it. I remember the box I put it in. I cannot find the box. WHERE IS THIS PIN?!?!?!

This has also happened to me. I definitely bought 2 of this pin: one for my collection, one to trade. I end up using it to bid in an auction here only to find that I can't find my extra. I ended up sending the one in my collection lol oh well!

Yes, I know this experience. I am not where my pins are on a regular basis, but I would confirm trades based on what I listed as for trade in Pinpics (I no longer confirm trades while away from my pins). Then I would arrive home and not be able to find the pin (and I would search and search and search). I would then send a much embarrassed email to the other trader saying I misplaced the pin and would need to cancel the trade. Then like magic, immediately after sending the message, (in about 80% of these instances) I would come up with the location I hadn't checked and there I would find the missing pin.

Its almost as if once the pressure is relieved (ie, I send the embarrassing - 'I lost it' PM) then my mind relaxes and the solution arrives into my head within minutes. There have only been a handful of missing pins where this has not been the solution... for the other 20%... I find those missing pins some months later, but I think I have always found them.

Momin.ator: you will find them too. :) !

they are with your socks.
9KcHar8.gif

So, I know I have certain pins. I have held them in my hands and looked at them.
However, there are some of my pins that are missing. Where do they go?

Just decided to lessen my Rapunzel collection so I took several pins off the board, now
they are missing. How can I lose them so quickly? I know they are around, it's not like
I threw them out the door or took them on a car ride. And this is not the first time.

That is so weird! They apparently mysteriously disappear!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think my couch ate one of my pins. Before I ever get rid of it, I am going to have to tear the cloth off the bottom to
see if it is in there. It is the Belle Seasons pin. It has been missing for years. Of course, I also have a brief memory
of handing it to my daughter. I may never see it again.

I think my couch ate one of my pins. Before I ever get rid of it, I am going to have to tear the cloth off the bottom to
see if it is in there. It is the Belle Seasons pin. It has been missing for years. Of course, I also have a brief memory
of handing it to my daughter. I may never see it again.

If it's the seasons pin, I'd def say it's worth it to rip apart your couch :p

The one that is driving me crazy is the framed pin set I got as a parting gift from the DLR Wild West Pin event. It’s the only event I’ve ever attended and the only framed set I’ve ever had. I never put it up and have no idea what happened to it. I keep thinking it would be too big and heavy enough that I couldn’t have simply misplaced it or discarded it. I acquired while still married to my first husband, so I even recently asked him to let me know if he comes across it. He quickly responded that he didn’t have it - he is not very organized, so I doubt he could honestly answer with such certainty so quickly. So I’ve convinced myself that it’s buried in some of his stuff somewhere. Still can’t stand not knowing.

I tore my place up last night looking in every possible place the pin could be and it's just gone. :(

I remember I last saw it a year or two ago when I was reorganizing some of my larger-sized pins. I remember getting it confused with another pin I'd gotten at the same time and putting it in that pin's original box. I realized when I next went to re-org pins that the pin that should have been in that box was still in one of my bags and I made a mental note to go get it and switch out the pin in the bag with the one I'd mistakenly put in its box. But I never went back to go do it. And it's just gone. That pin and that box are NOWHERE to be found and I'm just so upset by it. This pin was the first park LE I remember buying and I'm so upset to think it's lost and could have accidentally been tossed out or something because it's just NOT HERE. Very very sad. :(

I mean, I can add it back to my wants or just buy it again (looks like a couple just sold on ebay for near cost anyway - hopefully that doesn't mean it was faked, just not highly desired - but I guess I'll have to look for one still on card to be safe), but it will never replace that very first LE I remember buying at the park. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back