• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Where to find cork boards?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where to find cork boards?

smiele23

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hey, everyone:) I'm trying to put together my first board, but can't find any nice cork boards. Where do you buy yours? I'm looking for a large one that does not have a plastic or thin wood border. I've checked all the office stores and walmart. Thanks!

Got mine at a supermarket. They're usually near the white boards and marker pens. Staples as a last resort.

Target has the really big one like I have with the dark thick wood framing. It is pretty decent. Wal-Mart used to carry the really nice smaller ones like I always have liked on my walls but I have not been able to find any in quite some time. I have not seen any nice ones in quite a while. Everyone seems to only carry the thin wood border ones now which I don't care for. No luck at Michaels, AC Moore, Tuesday Morning, Wal-Mart, etc...

Sometimes you can find nice ones at TJ Maxx or Ross. They usually look pretty cool and are square with more detailed frames. :) Good luck! I don't know why they are so hard to find lately!

I Have a few very nice boards that I purchased at COSTCO. They are EXPO brand and are dry erase boards on one side and cork board on the reverse. They have an awesome aluminum frame and are great looking. I also go to Michaels and get sticky felt and cover the cork for decorative purposes. I am not at home but found this board I shared a long time ago to give you an idea of the frame work.

attachment.php

There ya go. I also have a lot of boards that are just wood frame but once you put some felt on it they look really nice.
Here is a wood frame with a different color of felt.
attachment.php

Thanks for the help! I didn't think of a store like Costco. The thin wood frame does look better with color. That may be my best bet for one. Amanda, yours was the one I was trying to find haha. Wish me luck on my shopping trip on Saturday. I'll def be hitting up target and super stores.

Let us know what you find Samantha. I really like the one Dan found at Costco with the aluminum frame. I found a long skinny one at Hobby Lobby.

Just an idea. I use large canvases covered in black fabric. Easy to frame and hang, and you can fasten the pins on normally with their rubber backs. Good luck on your framing adventure.

Here is an old pic I found. Gah, how I miss these pins I had a few years back...haha Why did I EVER get rid of all my Jess pins??!!! :( Anyway, here are two boards like I wish I could find again. The big one was from TJ Maxx. It was beautiful but ended up getting damaged and sinking in some in the center. The smaller one with the dark frame is my fave. I love the type of cork used in it and I love the frame. I can not find these ANYWHERE now! I have seen some similar to the square one in different colors and TJ Maxx more recently though so you might want to check there for something along those lines but again Target does have the big boards. I just got mine a few weeks ago so I know they are there. :D I think it was on sale for about $16 when I got mine. Good luck!

100_2851.jpg

Craft stores like JoAnn's or Michael's carry them.

They also have lots of frames - so you could make it the way you like. I know that Michael's has lots of sales on frames, etc.

Last edited:
Also Lowes or Home Depot sell cork boards without frames. You could pick a nice frame and get cork cut to size.

We have an old calendar frame that we cut a piece of cork to fit. You can run across them cheap sometimes and in different sizes.

001-2.jpg

Last edited:
I bought one at a thrift store and painted it black, frame and all and the cork. This past weekend I purchased three small corkboards from Ikea! They are great with thin frames and I spent like 6 or 7 dollars on each :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back