• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Which doll what you get?Help please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which doll what you get?Help please

Matthewlondon

Active DPF Member
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hi, First post but been reading posts and looking on the forum for a long time.I recently sold and downsized most of my collection as I am moving into my first home! So saving money and not really buying dolls lately:( But on Saturday it's my birthday and I plan on buying one but cannot decide between two dolls . Which would you get the 1998 maleficent doll or the 17 inch limited edition Cinderella doll? Maleficent is my favourite character and this is the most accurate and stunning doll of her but I do have the designer version already.But I love the Cinderella because I want one limited edition doll in my collection and Cinderella is kind of the definite princess and she is gorgeous. So what would you buy? And if any one has pictures of them together that would be amazing if you could share:)
also will add some photos of my collection sorry about the blurry iPad quality. Also which Aurora doll would you say most looks like her ? Cannot wait till we get a limited edition version of her.I really would love the designer aurora but cannot find her for less than 250 pounds :/
Matty xx
image_zps55271d4b.jpg

image_zpsd0af2f22.jpg

image_zps0cab1bfe.jpg

image_zps0dc4a7df.jpg

I have both, but I'm going to say go with the Mattel Maleficent!!! I bought her from TRU when she came out, I love that doll...

I also have both dolls, and I definitely support getting the 1998 Great Villains Maleficent doll first. She is the best Maleficent doll out there to date and you did mention that she is your favorite character. I do not think that another Maleficent doll that looks this movie-accurate will be made again any time soon (all of the Maleficent dolls since this one kind of point to that unfortunate prediction). Here are my two dolls side-by-side in their boxes. Good luck with whichever you choose. Both dolls are very lovely!

1998 Great Villains Maleficent & LE Cinderella
by Infernal deVil, on Flickr

Honestly, I'd say Maleficent. We all know that either doll won't be cheap to acquire.
I say that you should go for the Maleficent. You should go for the character that is your favorite, not that is the "definite" character. The Maleficent will only be harder and harder to find. While the princesses...there'll be at least one new princess doll this year...and next year...and the year after that. A Maleficent doll in the Heirloom Collection style either won't ever come out or could possibly *MAYBE* come out next year in partnership with the Maleficent movie or as a surprise release with whenever the Diamond Edition Sleeping Beauty movie comes out. I only say *MAYBE* because there is still no Evil Queen and she's had at least 2 completely valid release opportunities...and...I worry if they'd make her as well as Mattel did. (I mean...come on...have you seen the Classic Doll? Girl has a mermaid dress, a cape, and a freaking poncho. Come on Disney. Really?...Really?)
;)

So yeah, Maleficent.

2 other points:
I love your wallpaper,
AND!
:D Happy Early Birthday!! :D

Maleficent will be cheaper than Cinderella by far! I'm thinking you can get her on eBay for $45-$80, and well Cindy will start at $100... Best of luck! They're both divine ;)

I have both and I would say go for Maleficent, she is Limited Edition too! You will not be disappointed!
Majority of my collection is stacked in a tower so not easy to pull out to do a side by side photo, excuse the poor quality pics.
Hope it helps!
6999503252_9c19dcedae.jpg
8071662353_ce6415586b.jpg

Thank you so much for your replies! Everyone's saying Mal. I agreed with you guys and have just purchased Maleficent online for a good deal!She is my favourite character and this is the most accurate version, I'm excited to get her now hehe! I think my reasons to get Cinderella were not right, I basically just wanted a 17 inch doll, and I found her the prettiest and I love the box haha! But iv decided to save and wait until they release an Aurora limited edition doll( will be extra special after the wait for my fav princesslol) Do the Disney store newsletters give you a heads up when a doll is available for pre order ? X

Do the Disney store newsletters give you a heads up when a doll is available for pre order ? X
Congrats on your choice and waiting for the LE Aurora!
You will hear about the 17" LE DS pre-orders here via the US, Europe does not get preorders as we are a smaller market and the doll usually appears online/in selected stores on the scheduled day of release :)
There has been an exception to the rule when Sgt. Calhoun was released in US first and we had to wait for official confirmation that Europe would receive her but even then it was not announced when, you had to check online daily. This also happened with the LE OZ China Doll, due to it's smaller edition size. Not to worry this should not be expected to happen for the 17" LE Sleeping Beauty doll(s) - you never know they could make a 17" Maleficent too!
Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back