• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Which holy grail would you choose? Alice or Snow White?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which holy grail would you choose? Alice or Snow White?

Brii59

New DPF Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, everyone! I finally have enough funds to get one of the holy grails of ALL 17" Le dolls. But I don't know which one to get....Alice or Snow White? Obviously these dolls aren't cheap, so i want to think this one through thoroughly. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

Hello, everyone! I finally have enough funds to get one of the holy grails of ALL 17" Le dolls. But I don't know which one to get....Alice or Snow White? Obviously these dolls aren't cheap, so i want to think this one through thoroughly. WHAT WOULD YOU DO?

First, which character do you actually like more: Alice or Snow White. That is how I would choose first, since they are about the same price range on the secondary market. I love both characters, but as a bigger Snow White fan, I personally would (and did) buy her doll first.

If you are thinking more in terms of investment, Alice has shot up in value quite a bit since earlier this year and there are only 500 of her made worldwide.

Hi Brii59 I have both dolls and they were both worth it. I just had a look on eBay and there are currently two Snow Whites which I believe are pretty reasonable one is sitting at $600 with only one bid and ending soon and the other for $500 ending in two days with no bids.

When I bought my Snow I did pay more than that but I don't mind I did pay more for Alice than Snow though but that is because it was an Alice and Queen of Hearts set. Personally I do like Snow White and even though Alice is a smaller edition Snow White was the first and if you are doing it more to collect the dolls I would listen to what Shivatopia said and go with the one you like most over which one is more popular.

Also have a question of my own guys. Like I said above I have the Snow White doll and when I ought it the listing said it came along with a lithograph, does anyone know if the lithograph is inside the box with the doll? I have opened my Snow White because it is sealed and I would have to remove the little seals holding the boxes together.

Definitely pick which character/doll you prefer.

In my personal opinion, Snow White is the most beautiful of all of the 17" LEs. If you are looking to make a collection out of them, also consider that most of the other LEs are princesses, and she fits in with them. :)

But, Alice is more limited, so I can see your dilemma. And her price just keeps increasing. I am also on the hunt for her, but I cannot justify spending the prices that she is selling for right now. It could drop, or it could get worse, only time will tell!!

At the end of the day, just go with your heart. Look at pictures of both dolls next to each other. Which one makes your heart burn with desire? xD Lol. That is the one I would pick!!

Hi Brii59 I have both dolls and they were both worth it. I just had a look on eBay and there are currently two Snow Whites which I believe are pretty reasonable one is sitting at $600 with only one bid and ending soon and the other for $500 ending in two days with no bids.

When I bought my Snow I did pay more than that but I don't mind I did pay more for Alice than Snow though but that is because it was an Alice and Queen of Hearts set. Personally I do like Snow White and even though Alice is a smaller edition Snow White was the first and if you are doing it more to collect the dolls I would listen to what Shivatopia said and go with the one you like most over which one is more popular.

Also have a question of my own guys. Like I said above I have the Snow White doll and when I ought it the listing said it came along with a lithograph, does anyone know if the lithograph is inside the box with the doll? I have opened my Snow White because it is sealed and I would have to remove the little seals holding the boxes together.

I'm not really sure if the lithograph was actually in the box or not. I ended up getting the lithograph separately, because when I bought my LE Snow White, it was just for the doll, her box, and the CoA. The doll box seal-stickers had been removed on my doll by the previous owner. However, the lithograph and the envelope it comes in seems a bit too big for the doll box.

Oh, and Brii, I'll try to take pics of the two dolls next to each other later tonight and post them here to help you see them side-by-side. :)

Thanks Shivatopia. I find it interesting that out of all the LE dolls Snow White is the only one whose box has seal-stickers on it. Disney must have thought it unnecessary to put them on the future dolls. I don't know if i should remove them or not lol.

As promised, here are LE Alice and LE Snow White side-by-side for you to compare them. :) Good luck with whatever decision you make! They are both very lovely dolls. I also have more individual pictures of both dolls on flickr that focus on more of the smaller details. Also, DRJ1828 has many marvelous deboxed pictures of LE Snow White, if you were considering taking her out of the packaging for display.

LE Alice #019 & LE Snow White #0224 - 01
by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Alice #019 & LE Snow White #0224 - 02 by Shivatopia, on Flickr

Thank u for posting pics! I do feel more drawn to snow white, however I feel alice may only go up in time, I will think more about it and when I make the purchase , I will post pics for all of you to see!

If you want to get both eventually anyways...I would probably go for Alice. There are 500 of her vs. 5000 of Snow White. That is a HUGE edition size difference...therefore it will most likely be harder to find her in the future. :)

I agree with the posters who say Alice first -- with a significanly lower LE number she will be much harder to get a hold of, especially since a lot that seem to be coming up on eBay have a lot of damage to their boxes. I have just secured her, the last of the older dolls that I was missing and I'm happy to be done with it! Good luck with your choice :)

I agree with everyone who said get Alice first. Since she is a LE 500, once more people get her in their collection it will be much harder to find her. Since Snow is a LE5000 even when more people who want her get her in their collection, there will still be more of her out there.

I agree! I understand some people want to make a profit which is fair enough but to mark up prices (especially where they price it on a buy it now figure) by that much is really just being greedy.

You just have to wait, and eventually you will find a sane seller! :) But I know not everyone can wait forever (including me lol. Alice is starting to look cheap at $600)

I would first consider which princess that you like best.

For me personally I would go with Alice. There aren't many things that are Alice within the basic disney stores around and I think online as well. I am not positive on that fact though.

If Alice is really 500 and Snow White is LE 5000 I would go with Alice for the investment as well. The fact that she is supper cute with those curls also helped in my decision as well!!

Good luck on whomever you choose!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back