• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Which is the scrapper?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is the scrapper?

SoraPandora

Figaro Fan
Rating - 100%
172   0   0
Curiouser and curiouser...

I've been organizing my pins and realized I have two Peter Pan Duffy's... And they look nothing alike!

14a61a2847610edec422eb3da72525f5.jpg

f580ebfd8aace7b860e1af8e94d2c251.jpg

The most noticeable difference is the color. One Duffy is a pale tan, and the other is brighter, with an almost pinkish hue.

The pattern on the back of both pins go right to the edge, but the writing and logo on both pins is hard to make out.

I traded for both pins off of cast member lanyards, so I wouldn't be surprised if they were both scrappers... I'm just surprised that they look so different from one another.

Can anyone help me figure out if either of them is real?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay, I notice now from my own pictures (d'oh!) that the pink one does have a border. (Sorry, I have ridiculously poor eyesight.) But does the second pin look good?

The one on the left seems suspicious to me. The lines seem thicker, and in the pictures of the back, even though the picture isn't the best, I can make out the word Hidden on the right, while the left pin doesn't look readable at all. The one I have, matches the colors on the right. It was a WDW release, and my Dad and I try to collect them as fast as we can to avoid the counterfeits.

Also, left has no nubs.

Last edited:
That left one is bad ...

Thanks Judy. I'm terrible at telling scrappers. This is one of the only Hidden Mickeys in my collection, though.

68ed80f537776720c72007a1b2e3e8e1.jpg

^ Almost all the characters flying in the night sky (and the Tinker Bell on top) are scrappers too, I think. But I'm pretty sure all the pins in the middle row are okay.

Nowadays, I try to stick to LE pins - they're more likely to be the real deal!

Thanks Judy.  I'm terrible at telling scrappers. This is one of the only Hidden Mickeys in my collection, though.

^ Almost all the characters flying in the night sky (and the Tinker Bell on top) are scrappers too, I think.  But I'm pretty sure all the pins in the middle row are okay.

I don't even like Peter Pan, but that one of the clock face is awesome.
You could always make magnets with the scrappers.

Thanks Judy.  I'm terrible at telling scrappers. This is one of the only Hidden Mickeys in my collection, though.

^ Almost all the characters flying in the night sky (and the Tinker Bell on top) are scrappers too, I think.  But I'm pretty sure all the pins in the middle row are okay.

The Peter Pan Duffy pin on the right, with the nubs on the back is the real one. Your pins in the middle row are all real, although I would have to see the back of the pins to be 100% certain (as I have those pins in my set). The Peter Pan pins with everyone flying look fake based on what I can see from your post. Although the Micheal pin at the bottom might be real. I'd have to take a closer look to be sure.

Last edited:
I know this is old. But yes the left was bad. You could see the lines were not clean and sharp. One thing to remember is that not any one thing will be wrong with all pins. Use the check list and start looking for things. On this one it was easy due to the real pin being next to it. If you had just the fake. You would look for bad things like the lines or the not sharp and right size Mickey head. Many times the head almost has a fuzzy look as if it's a bad photocopy. Lol. Fake pins are funny and sad all at once. WWWDD

I know this is old. But yes the left was bad. You could see the lines were not clean and sharp. One thing to remember is that not any one thing will be wrong with all pins. Use the check list and start looking for things. On this one it was easy due to the real pin being next to it. If you had just the fake. You would look for bad things like the lines or the not sharp and right size Mickey head. Many times the head almost has a fuzzy look as if it's a bad photocopy. Lol. Fake pins are funny and sad all at once. WWWDD

If you don't mind me asking, what's the checklist that you mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back