• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who can we report a "bad Trader/Trade" to for some help??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can we report a "bad Trader/Trade" to for some help??
Okay so I have found that leaving a negative feedback really doesn't do much when a trade goes bad. Lets face it there are just some very nasty people out there. As most of you know I had a particularly bad trade a few months ago. I regret not following thru with reporting this as well as I should have. What some people don't understand as Judy said. When you take lets say a pin of someones and do not send the pin you agreed to send yes it is MAIL FRAUD. And yes it is punishable if reported and you have all your documents. Save all the emails between you and the other trader also you have to be able to prove they did receive your pin. I always send if a valuable trade signature confirmation or at the very least with delivery confirmation (however that does not prove they received the pin). I think if ore of us followed thru with doing everything possible people would know they cant get away with and lets admit this its THEFT.

The best thing I do is whenever someone cheats, steals, or in general wastes my time (they must do a lot to fall under this, I don't just add someone for sneezing near me, I give a lot of chances, but some people take my mellowness for weakness, and those are the people that end up on this list), but they get added to a list I maintain of "bad traders". I put all their infomation in this list, name, address, email address, known usernames, etc. That way, if I even just a thing from pinpics comes into my email and it has just their pinpics username, I can reply knowing who it is and tell them no.

I also list for myself the reason why I added them. I have given a few people a chance to get off the list who were put on it, because I read the reason why I didn't want to do anything more with them, and thought about it, and gave them a 2nd chance. A couple have earned their way off, most have not or will not have the chance, because I rarely think anything is worth the hassle and the stress of dealing with someone on that said list. Like I said before, it takes a lot of someone doing something to warrant getting onto my list.

I also never tell anyone they are on this list. If they want to trade, I always send a "Thanks but no thanks" to them, I never send a "Your on my bad traders list and that's why I won't trade with you". I believe it's easier to just thank them and move on just so it's not getting stressful for both parties.

Last edited:
It's a good idea just to have one. I also have a list of traders that have been just wonderful to trade with and if they contact me and wish to do a trade, I'm more likely to find some way for it to work. Even if it means the trade is a little more in their favor then mine. It's good to have checks and balances :) Thankfully, my good trader list is ten fold longer then the bad, Lol! :)

The problem with filing mail fraud is that unfortunately it doesn't nothing 99.9% of the time. You'll have better luck just googlemapping the person's home address they gave you; searching for their local police department; and calling the police directly. Sometimes you'll get blown off, but sometimes you'll get cops sent to their house! :D It's a toss-up, but it's infinitely more effective than filing mail fraud.

-JD

I really think that those of us who have had bad experiences need to share that with others. That's the best way to keep these people at bay. Communication!!! Unfortunately, many of these "bad traders" have references, so you think they are fine.

Joy

I really think that those of us who have had bad experiences need to share that with others. That's the best way to keep these people at bay. Communication!!! Unfortunately, many of these "bad traders" have references, so you think they are fine.

Joy

I tend to agree with that sentiment. My other fandom is Transformers, and we have a Buy/Sell/Trade forum similar to this one, but instead of using iTrader feedbacks like here, we actually have a feedback sub-forum where anyone who B/S/Ts has a feedback thread where people can describe in detail the experience (no word/character limit), good or bad. We also have threads about bad eBay sellers and buyers to warn others of potential scams, etc. Even some Disney boards have a long thread about eBay sellers and who to avoid due to known scrapper issues. iTrader is great for people we know use DPF, but for those transactions with users outside of DPF, I think there should be some way to share info.

I figure this is as good a place to ask this question as any. I have a problem with a trade I did with someone on these boards. The trade was started back on Dizpins in October. I sent 2 pins and it was agreed on that they would send me one. They never did, and they said they had family medical issues. So I was ok with waiting. Two months later I had heard nothing from them and they said that they had forgotten a bunch of peoples' trades and that they were in the car and just had to be mailed. Ok, fine. I waited some more. Then trading kind of fell by the wayside for me for a while until I realized that I still never received this pin. I sent them a PM a few days ago and have gotten no response.

What would you do? On the one hand I don't want to keep pushing someone who may be going through something very difficult, but then I'm also out 2 pins. *harumph* HELP!

You've given plenty of chance. PM them one last time saying you've run out of options, and you'll be forced to report them (and give them a defined amount of time to respond).

The problem with filing mail fraud is that unfortunately it doesn't nothing 99.9% of the time. You'll have better luck just googlemapping the person's home address they gave you; searching for their local police department; and calling the police directly. Sometimes you'll get blown off, but sometimes you'll get cops sent to their house! :D It's a toss-up, but it's infinitely more effective than filing mail fraud.

-JD

This type of thing is generally considered a civil issue that is handled in small claims court. From about 10 years of experience in dealing with these issues as a third party, this is not something the police will go to another person's door over - it's not their jurisdiction. Because these trades are arranged via internet, it is typically not considered mail fraud (mail fraud handled by the Postmaster). Internet complaints, where you suspect you have been defrauded, can be reported at www.ic3.gov

Just e-mailed again saying I will wait until the end of the month -February to see if the pin shows up.

Mike S.

If it doesn't show up, I really think you should report it to PinPics. I mentioned earlier in the thread that I filed a compliant but haven't heard anything but today, I finally received my pin! So PinPics is there to help!

Update - Numerous e-mails to the Pin Trader have gone unanswered covering 2 weeks. Complaint filed via pinPics Dispute Center.

I now have ANOTHER Trade gone bad, Trader is sending back my pin with DCN number, we will see.

I have been Pin Trading for over 9 years with no problem - now 2 in one month!!

Mike S.

Update - Numerous e-mails to the Pin Trader have gone unanswered covering 2 weeks. Complaint filed via pinPics Dispute Center.

I now have ANOTHER Trade gone bad, Trader is sending back my pin with DCN number, we will see.

I have been Pin Trading for over 9 years with no problem - now 2 in one month!!

Mike S.

2 in one month! I am so sorry! :(

My potential bad trade did resolve itself. Seems they had been traveling for business. Not only did they apologize, but they sent a gift pin also.

I truly hope this second bad trade is only a comedy of errors and that it will work itself out. :x:

Here is an example of a possible bad trade that ended up with me over the moon!!

I made a trade at the beginning of december it was a multiple trade of 5 pins I sent mine off but no pins had arrived by the beging of jan this year, I was starting to worry as so I sent a Message no responce it was another 2 weeks before ge finally came back online and I found out his Internet had been cut of, he had lost my address and could
Not use the return address on the parcel I sent as it was smudged. He said he would send me the parcel stright away and apologised and said he would add more pins!! This package ended up get lost and sent back the the member. But the week before he sent me another package and when it arrived I was over the moon as there were over $100 of pins in the package and
In the end it all worked out. I think it was just bad luck and would trade again with this person.

Just thought I would share :)

Here is an example of a possible bad trade that ended up with me over the moon!!

I made a trade at the beginning of december it was a multiple trade of 5 pins I sent mine off but no pins had arrived by the beging of jan this year, I was starting to worry as so I sent a Message no responce it was another 2 weeks before ge finally came back online and I found out his Internet had been cut of, he had lost my address and could
Not use the return address on the parcel I sent as it was smudged. He said he would send me the parcel stright away and apologised and said he would add more pins!! This package ended up get lost and sent back the the member. But the week before he sent me another package and when it arrived I was over the moon as there were over $100 of pins in the package and
In the end it all worked out. I think it was just bad luck and would trade again with this person.

Just thought I would share :)

That's a great story. I do think there are more good traders than bad traders. But, the few bad ones can leave a really bad taste in our mouths.

END OF SAGA - So AFTER filing a PinPics complaint the Trader sends my pin back, wants money for the additional postage, S&H, and wraps all of this up with some "nasty" e-mails.

I PayPal'ed him the S&H/postage just to end all of this. Also told him that there was NO communication from him to me until I filed the PinPics complaint. Bottom line - he does not believe that I never recieved his pin, I don't believe that he ever sent it. I guess we BOTH are on each othere NEVER TRADE again lists.

Mike S.

Last edited:
END OF SAGA - So AFTER filing a PinPics complaint the Traders sends my pin back, wants money for the additional postage, S&H, and wraps all of this up with some "nasty" e-mails.

I PayPal'ed him the S&H/postage just to end all of this. Also told him that there was NO communication from him to me until I filed the PinPics complaint. Bottom line - he does not believe that I never recieved his pin, I don't beleive that he ever sent it. I guess we BOTH are on each othere NEVER TRADE again lists.

Mike S.

Well, shame on him for being cheap and not using delivery confirmation.

The best thing I do is whenever someone cheats, steals, or in general wastes my time (they must do a lot to fall under this, I don't just add someone for sneezing near me, I give a lot of chances, but some people take my mellowness for weakness, and those are the people that end up on this list), but they get added to a list I maintain of "bad traders". I put all their infomation in this list, name, address, email address, known usernames, etc. That way, if I even just a thing from pinpics comes into my email and it has just their pinpics username, I can reply knowing who it is and tell them no.

I also list for myself the reason why I added them. I have given a few people a chance to get off the list who were put on it, because I read the reason why I didn't want to do anything more with them, and thought about it, and gave them a 2nd chance. A couple have earned their way off, most have not or will not have the chance, because I rarely think anything is worth the hassle and the stress of dealing with someone on that said list. Like I said before, it takes a lot of someone doing something to warrant getting onto my list.

I also never tell anyone they are on this list. If they want to trade, I always send a "Thanks but no thanks" to them, I never send a "Your on my bad traders list and that's why I won't trade with you". I believe it's easier to just thank them and move on just so it's not getting stressful for both parties.

No wonder you won't trade with me. lololol jk

I think this is an awesome idea!!!!!

Vicki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back