• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who has the biggest pin collection in the world?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have alot, really like HKDL sets and pins . Have 10 year old twins that LOVE to trade while in line.

The HKDL pins are our favorite because they have alot of glitter and stitch!!!

biggest I seen on Pinpics is 76,331 o_o
That's just listing the entire database as one's collection. (The PP #s are skewed as many listings have been deleted - so even though there are pin numbers over 100,000, there are less actual pins in the database.)

But there used to be multiple people with 10,000+ pins in their collections.

A chap I used to trade with alot has 14,978 pins in his collection plus 4,451 traders, which is a grand total of 19,429 pins, I could never imagine where he put them all. He still regularly goes to the parks and buys more pins!!

There is a gentleman on Ebay who recently inherited 500,000 pins from a deceased friend. I would say that one was probably the largest.

I know of several that have collections in the 5-10,000 range easily

I would bet mine comes in at the low to mid 5,000s (stopped counting years ago but redid my traders this week on pinpics and that came out to just shy of 1,000) so I can estimate easier but I started in July 00 and heavy in 06 (moved to florida in 06 with all keepers in one bag)

-em

I know people with 10,000 plus pins, but I do have one friend that has over 30,000 pins.

I am approaching 9000, and my parent's are over 10,500, so between the two collections we have a few.

He's not a member of this forum, so I will not say for privacy purposes, but he is a member of Pinpics, I believe he trades in person at the parks and meets, rather than by post.

I checked with the person I thought pinnochiolover was referring to (and with pinnochiolover) and he says "I don’t mind your posting my PinPics username." pinnochiolover's figures for this "chap" are in the ballpark. Jaxpooh further shares that "We do not believe we have the biggest pin collection in the world, however. ... This retirement hobby has kept us active in our old age and we have made so many wonderful friends through it." We feel fortunate to know Jaxpooh and his wife and look forward to visiting with them when we go to WDW. He started out as a Winnie the Pooh collector (as did I), but he and his wife have expanded their interests to include Stitch, Tinker Bell, and other characters. Jaxpooh is a very fair trader and does trade via mail as well as at the parks. Check him out on Pinpics and perhaps you can arrange a trade with him!

I checked with the person I thought pinnochiolover was referring to (and with pinnochiolover) and he says "I don’t mind your posting my PinPics username." pinnochiolover's figures for this "chap" are in the ballpark. Jaxpooh further shares that "We do not believe we have the biggest pin collection in the world, however. ... This retirement hobby has kept us active in our old age and we have made so many wonderful friends through it." We feel fortunate to know Jaxpooh and his wife and look forward to visiting with them when we go to WDW. He started out as a Winnie the Pooh collector (as did I), but he and his wife have expanded their interests to include Stitch, Tinker Bell, and other characters. Jaxpooh is a very fair trader and does trade via mail as well as at the parks. Check him out on Pinpics and perhaps you can arrange a trade with him!

I've traded with him. Very nice gentleman.

And also, how many pins are at the pin store in DTD. Is it possible someone had more pins than that ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back