• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who here has never been zapped?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great thread, Echo. :)

I was zapped once by a wonderful eBay seller who sent one along with my purchase. I about fell over!
this. Judy or Jon usually keep a list of people who are interested in zapping or being zapped.
Everyone that posted,just PM with your full name and addy and if you have a pinpics ID..I will add you to my journal of traders/zappers
I sent my info to Bricklayer (Jon) a while back. Do I need to send it to Judy too?

Glad to hear you're getting in on the zapping fun Aragorn, son of Arathorn(sorry, just had to. Tolkien nerd here!). I'm sure you'll be zapped yourself soon, but in the meantime make sure that tiggermickey and Bricklayer have your address so that you can be!

I'd love to know how many people this thread has helped be zapped. And remember, it's not just about being zapped, it's also a heck of a lot of fun to zap someone else!! It doesn't have to be much, a pin, a button, a lanyard, some stickers, whatever! I can assure you whatever it is, opening up that LBE(little bubble envelope) when you're not expecting anything, wondering what it's going to be, and realizing that someone thought of you enough to send you something, is such a great feeling! And knowing that you caused someone to feel that kind of joy, well....it's pretty amazing :D Never hesitate to PM Judy(tiggermickey) and ask for someone's address!!

AHHHHH - Good to know. I needed to contact my zapee for her address but it would have been better if I could have just sent it.

Who who here that has never been zapped, has also never zapped someone else, hmmm? ;)

I have now been zapped 3 times!!! Once was through tiggermickey when I first joined. I'll always remember the really hard time I had getting that pinnochio pin out of all that bubble wrap. lol. Another time was through a trade and they sent an extra pin and now lastly I've been zapped by Ghost Trains through the Holiday Pin Giveaway! :-O I have a couple of people in mind to zap myself.... :) Although I don't have pins really to do it with. I didn't know we could zap people with things besides pins. :)

Hi just received my first "extra"pin in a trade ,thank you cheshirecat xxxx
a sweet little HM princess ,sent a few of these out myself so far
but I've never had that OMG REALLy I DON'T BELIEVE
it moment xxxxxxxx

I sent out my first zap today after contacting Judy for the address of the person I'm randomly sending it to. You know what? It felt awesome putting that package together and adding a little that said enjoy the pin.

This is a lot easier than I first thought it would be and I'll be trying to do more zapping :)

Well, so far I have not really been zapped ever. I have sent a few zaps out. I tried to send two zaps out this Christmas but I couldn't get addresses for the people I had pins for. I do know I'm a hard person to zap as most pins I need are harder to find.

I have never been zapped, but I have never zapped anyone. I still don't have a good enough pin collection to trade with or zap anyone. XD

But that doesn't stop me from having fun with pins and from reading and learning from all these awesome people on the forums. :)

How do you decide how to zap someone? new here just wanting to understand it all.

I might be a good person to answer this great question.

There are 2 ways I decide on who to zap.

The first is somebody who I have really enjoyed dealing with. Usually I have had several trades with them.

The other way is if I notice somebody posting a lot, or something they post catches my eye. It is also very helpful if you have a signature that lists your most wanted/grail pins and I really like it when you also have the pinpics numbers added to it. If I am going to go to the trouble of zapping somebody at least they can make it easier for me to do so.

This is one zappers opinion, other people might do it differently, but now you know what I look for.

How do you decide how to zap someone? new here just wanting to understand it all.

Personally, I've been using this thread to help me find someone who has never been zapped and like docfish2u indicated, pick someone who is active and keeps this community going :)

Again, to borrow docfish2u's words, this is one zappers opinion, other people might do it differently.

Plus, it's just fun to send people something from their wants list :bigthumb:

Personally, I've been using this thread to help me find someone who has never been zapped and like docfish2u indicated, pick someone who is active and keeps this community going :)

Again, to borrow docfish2u's words, this is one zappers opinion, other people might do it differently.

Plus, it's just fun to send people something from their wants list :bigthumb:

SSShhhhhhh don't tell everybody how much the zapper gets from doing it. If you do everybody will do it!!! But yes it is a great feeling to see somebody really enjoy getting what you sent them. Brightens both the zapper and the zappee's day!!!

I've noticed the same thing meaning that the same people are getting zapped over and over again. And of course rather than be sad I just think how lucky they are to receive a wanted pin out of the blue. That is why I do pin it forward in hopes that someone will actually look at my wants and grails list and at least try to send something within my collection. But anyhow i'd love to be zapped and one day it will happen until then i will continue to spread the happiness myself.

If we could make this a sticky, that would be wonderful! I'm going to be editing the first post and making a list of people who have never been zapped. NOTE: When(not if, WHEN) you do get zapped, please PM me or post here so I can remove your name from the list!! Thanks so much! Give me a couple days to get the list put together, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back