• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Who Invented The Term "Pin Shark"? And Can It Be Changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who Invented The Term "Pin Shark"? And Can It Be Changed?
i agree the term is less than flattering to sharks!!! While predators, the finned version of the shark, is pretty much a perfect machine for doing the 3 things it does<namely eat, swim, and make more sharks>
now the bipedal kind, thats not even living matter!!! Just a below microscopic fungal life forms is the "pinshark" or "pinneas decheatus" ie latin for pin shark!!

Go ahead wear both the lanyard and the repellant pin!!!
The only folks you stand a chance of "offending " are the actual "creatures" you are poking fun at,

Gods knows if I had one of those pins, I would wear it to Epcot and DTD all the time, Practically putting it in the faces of those, sleazoids.......
Only have one lower rung on the pin ladder , and thats for the folks who use their kids for "pinneas decheatus " tactics,, Now there is a special place in Pin Trader Purgatory for those folks, one where every pin has a salt covered, razor edged, and topped with a needle tipped pinpost, and every pinback is made of cheesecloth!!

You go ahead and wear them with pride!!!!
Anyone comments tell them , you dont have any harpoon marks or chum lines!!

Tiki gave me mine and we go around when we see a pin shark and make sounds like PSSSSSSSSSST like we sprayed them.
Shark is even the term my kids used when they were younger. A shark is a Shark but Bruce is cool. Wearing a shark does not mean you are one.

Thanks so much for the advice everyone!

It does seem as though pinshark was/is a fan-made term. Lol, I really do like the term pinhole. Think I'll have to use that one.

I'm pretty new to the whole pin shark thing. I have an idea of what we're referring to. But can someone PM me what it's all about if you don't mind?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back