• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Auction Ended: Whose Pin Bag is it Anyway!? -- BID ANY PIN -- ENDS MONDAY AUG 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auction Ended: Whose Pin Bag is it Anyway!? -- BID ANY PIN -- ENDS MONDAY AUG 7

MerlinEmrys

Hicitus Pinicus!
Rating - 100%
603   0   0
Welcome to Whose Pin Bag is it Anyway?
Where the points are made up and the pins don’t matter!
8xs34CU.gif

As you’re all aware by now, the Love is an Adventure event is right on our heels, and your local Wizard needs some pins for the pin trading boards! So I thought it would be a fun little idea to host an auction to help that cause! :D In this auction, it won’t so much matter what actual pins you bid, but rather how many and what caliber! But more on that in a sec.

First off, tell them what they can win, Archimedes!!

YTHcfod.gif

Oooookay, I’ll tell them…

You’re bidding on this gently used small pin bag! The bag is about 7 inches wide by 5 inches tall and has three double-sided foam pockets where you pin your pins. Depending on the size of the pins, each side can comfortably fit about 5-7 pins. Between each pocket is a thin sheet of black fabric to keep the pins from rubbing against each other (though I would encourage you to keep Free-D pins in a plastic wrapper). In the back of the bag is a net zipper pouch to keep cards or spare pin backs. The included strap will hang the pouch about hip high from the shoulder. Here are some closeups!

CJje9EY.jpg

PtSoe4z.jpg

RxKjnU5.jpg

VsZ4PCw.jpg

UURrPX7.jpg

pNRYLOp.jpg

Again, this is GENTLY USED. I’ve only used this one once for a pin event last year and it’s in otherwise excellent shape! I’m happy to provide additional pictures!

Okay, lad! Now why don’t you tell them about the point system!

nPoFWM0.gif

Aaaaaallrighty, up to me again…

For your bids, I’m not so much concerned with specifically what you bid (remember, these are just traders) as much as how many and what caliber they are. To that end, this auction will run on a point system! Here’s the breakdown:

Hidden Mickey: 0 points (don’t bid these…)
Open Edition / Rack / Booster Pack: 1 point
Limited Release: 2 points
Limited Edition 1000+: 3 points
Limited Edition 750-999: 4 points
Limited Edition 15-749: 0 points

So, from the point system you can glean that Hidden Mickeys won’t get you any points, nor will pins rarer than LE 750. Remember, these are going to the trading boards, so no need to bring out the big guns.

Whenever you bid, you’ll need to post an image of the pins you’re bidding and do the math, which I will verify. Here’s an example:

M6R7USs.jpg

Squirt is an Open Edition / Rack (1) , Iago is av LR (2) , Minnie is a Booster (1), and the Pinocchio is an LE 3000 (3). So the total points for this would be 7 points.

Pretty simple, right? :) My purpose in this is to try to put some nice pins back into the trading boards, or at least nothing totally bogus, because that’s no fun at all.

The best part about this auction? You don’t have to even LOOK at my wants list! In fact, I ENCOURAGE YOU NOT TO! These pins are for the trading boards, and nothing specific to my collection will give you any kind of advantage (except in the case of a tie, I suppose…).

Now the event is soon, so this will be a fairly quick turn around. THIS AUCTION ENDS NEXT MONDAY, AUGUST 7[SUP]TH[/SUP] at 10pm EST (WDW time). I will mail the bag out immediately and I will expect you to mail out your winning bid within the following day or so to be sure the pins arrive in time for the event.

Oh, and one final rule NO SCRAPPERS. But, come on, you knew that already. ;P If I suspect a pin in your photo is a scrapper, I’ll contact you and ask for additional pictures. :)

I hope everyone has some fun with this auction! I’m looking forward to seeing what sorts of math combos we will have! Good luck! :D

QIjRFDU.gif

~Merlin

I keep forgetting to take photos of my pins!

May I bid pins with descriptions and then post a photo later today?

I keep forgetting to take photos of my pins!

May I bid pins with descriptions and then post a photo later today?
Yes. :) descriptions will be fine. :D
We can ret-con to say that the winning bid will need to be confirmed by picture. :)

So pictures are no longer necessary unless you win. XD

~Merlin

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Ok, I will start off bidding with:

RS_Rf427d7ad09.png
RS_R1f165c84f0.png
thumb130_201612116698.jpg

Pin 120332 DS - 30th Anniversary Commemorative Pin Series - Week 3 - The Hunchback of Notre Dame (I don't know if these were classified as LR or OE? The pinpics listings also states it's LE7500, even though it's not noted it's LE anywhere on the pin or packaging.... So anywhere from 1-3 points....)
Pin 122540 Kingdom of Cute Mystery Collection -- Sword in the Stone (Not sure if these are OE or LR - 1 or 2 points)
Pin 119342 Woodland Winter Pin Ornament Mystery Set - Pooh (Limited Release - 2 points)

Point total - 4-7 points depending on how the Hunchback and SitS pins are classified

Oh, if I or someone else who is going to the event wins, can the exchange happen in person there, like on Thursday? That way you'll still have the pins for the event, and both parties will save on shipping.

I'll bid!
Mickey Flower Garden LR 2 pts
Spring Break MU LE 3pts
Texas Mickey OE 1pt
Goofy Screamin 1pt
Disneyland resort OE 1 pt
Cruella booster 1 pt
Genie "wink wink" Merlin booster 1pt

10 pts total
ab5534a0a7c8c2f97e59737a6ccd2204.jpg

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Okay, I'm throwing down!

I will bid:

2x Pin 67818 DisneyShopping.com - 4-Pc. World of Disney Art Box Mystery Pin Set (Goofy only) (LE 800) 4pts each = 8
1x Pin 116438 American Flag Mickey Lattice Icon (OE) 1pt
1x Pin 93359 Princess Jasmine Glitter Dress (Aladdin) (OE) 1pt
1x Pin 93363 Princess Aurora Glitter Dress (Sleeping Beauty) (OE) 1pt
1x Pin 121154 DS - 30th Anniversary Commemorative Pin Series - Week 8 - Thor (LR?) 2pts

Total: 13

I'll post pictures later, when I have a few minutes.

Great bid, Tokaji! Here's our leader board!

1st - Tokaji with 16 points.
2nd - Disneychildwithin with 10 points.
3rd - Timeerkat with 6 points.

Thanks for all the bids so far! :D

Whoops! No, I did. XD me and math aren't friends.

1st - Tokaji with 13 points.

That's what I get for being distracted and mathing. XD

Whoops! No, I did. XD me and math aren't friends.

1st - Tokaji with 13 points.

That's what I get for being distracted and mathing. XD

Haha, me and math don't always get along either. That's what I keep my wife (the math teacher) around for. I wasn't sure if I had counted one of the pins incorrectly.

Hey gang! It's a shame when one falls asleep before one's own auction ends. XD

DCW, I'm afraid this ended an hour before your final bid, which means that Tokaji is the winner! :D congrats! Incoming pm! :D

Thanks everyone for the great bids!

~Merlin

I thought so, I was on a mission to finish painting my living room and mission accomplished at least! Congrats Tokagi!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back