• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why do you think outside the box?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do you think outside the box?
It depends :)! My LE dolls i keep in the box, my 2 designer dolls I have removed the lid just to put loose hairs back in place but i dont know with those boxes it's easy to put the lid on and they still look the same haha!

My Pocahontas dolls I buy, I keep them in the box. But my Beauty and the beast dolls I open :).

To me, it depends on the doll. You see, I have 16 Sleeping Beauty dolls, and I keep 6 out of box. Those happen to be the 17" singing Aurora, Animator Aurora, 2012 DS Aurora, 2012 DS Phillip, 2012 DS Maleficent, and the 2012 (Or maybe 2013?) Mattel Aurora. As you can tell these dolls are not very valuable, though I am thinking about getting another Animator Aurora to keep in box. The dolls that I keep boxed are bore valuable ones like the Sleeping Beauty Barbie, Designer Aurora, Designer Maleficent, Signature Aurora, Great Villains Maleficent, Winter Frost Aurora, Brass Key Gem Aurora, Wedding Aurora, Disney Parks Aurora, and Magic Fairy Lights Aurora. I for one am never selling my dolls, though I do enjoy playing with a few. I hope this helped!

I want to debox my dolls so bad, I only have 4 LE ones. However, I would only ever consider it if I had a large enough glass display cabinet for them- that way I can pose them how I want, give them life, all with them still protected by the glass. Since I don't have a display case, they're cooped up in their boxes still. I also fear devaluing them, yes I don't plan on selling them because I love them, but still I just worry if one day I ever need to. Oh well, the point is moot anyway until I get a display cabinet haha

Last edited:
I really like the way you worded that...I feel the same way about keeping my dolls boxed, I just don't think I ever was able to put it in words as well as you just did!

Thanks! I love my dolls and am lucky enough that my fellow is a toy collector as well. Our apartment looks like a toy store, its fun to see the things that give you a happy, nostalgic feeling everyday :)

I keep mine in the boxes. I actually think the boxes themselves are pretty, and I like the way they look in the box. Not to mention I live in the desert, and it's sooooo dusty here. Even if they were in a display case they would end up dusty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back