WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT COCO????

Discussion in 'Disney Chat' started by Addicted to Alice Pins, Nov 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Addicted to Alice Pins

Addicted to Alice Pins My name is Ann, and I'm here to enable you!

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

People! This is seriously one of the best, if not the absolute best, Pixar films of all time. I was bawling by the climax and thought I heard strange noises coming from my BFF, ha, and then when the lights went up, he said, "Yeah, I was bawling!" I was like, "Thought so!" Haha. OMG.

Sami likes this.
  2. watzshakinbacon

watzshakinbacon B for Belle or B for bacon?

Rating - 100%
    72   0   0

LOL I am surprised that no one's talking about it! I might go see it tonight :p

3. bookhugger

bookhugger I love books!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0

I haven't seen in yet

4. sirradel

sirradel Active Member

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0

It was amazing! I got to see it free for the AP thing at Downtown Disney but I had to buy tickets for myself and my family to go see it on Friday. They did such a good portrayal of Mexican culture and I was sobbing all throughout the movie lololol

5. Ksnuggles

Ksnuggles DPF Moderator Staff Member DPF Moderator DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    35   0   0

haven't seen it yet

6. akbecker246

akbecker246 Member

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

We saw it at the El Cap on opening day (made a day of it with the Coco pin release in the morning and the movie in the afternoon). Coco was a tear jerker no doubt (yes, I shed a few). The only Pixar movie where I cried more might have been the final scene of Toy Story 3. I loved the story... just sucked you into it, and the artist's images were absolutely beautiful. I need to see it again just to stare at the artwork.

The story was also so relatable... perhaps more so since it was Thanksgiving and I was visiting my parents. Family bias against something you care about, but the need to stay close to those you love... I was right there with Miguel.

The plot twist is a good one... (Trying to avoid any spoilers here...)

7. speedwaystar1

speedwaystar1 UK Disney Fan

Rating - 100%
    186   0   0

It's not out in the UK until January !!!!!
    I'm having to console myself by picking up some of the miscellaneous items , Art of Coco is an amazing book . Soundtrack is on my Xmas list :)

8. Ajk

Ajk New to DPF but not to trading

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0

Yeah, I agree. Pixar just keeps getting better and better. Definitely an emotional roller coaster of a movie and one of their most "mature". Interestingly, I also felt it was their most "Disney-like" with all the music.

9. jadeites-lady

jadeites-lady Bookworm Belle

Rating - 100%
    26   0   0

I haven't seen it yet. I think I'll wait to get it on blu-ray

Sami likes this.
  10. Haunted575

Haunted575 Active Member

Rating - 100%
    27   0   0

Haunted JR and I were on the fence about seeing it...like we can wait for Redbox. Then we saw a mini preview of the movie last week at WDW and left feeling like it was a MUST see now movie. So we went to the movies today with Kleenex in hand (just cause it’s a Disney animated movie) and it did not disappoint. We loved it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ajk likes this.
  11. shooting4ownhand

shooting4ownhand Active Member

Rating - 100%
    70   0   0

I've seen Coco twice so far. I love it so much! I cried both times I have seen it. It's by far my favorite Pixar film and one of my favorite animated films, period. I just love everything about it.

Haunted575 likes this.
  12. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

OMG mail yourself to my house, and I'll take you to see Coco and feed you well before shipping you back!!!!! Ha ha ha. You are going to be so, so happy when you have the chance to see it!

13. coblj003

coblj003 DPF Charter Member DPF Correspondent

Rating - 100%
    24   0   0

I plan on taking my daughters sometime this week or next. There is a local theatre with really cheap ticket prices(high priced everything else lol) so that's where we'll probably go...

14. Manta

Manta Member

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Coco is awesome. MUCH better than its trailers, in my opinion. The plot twist was well-executed (if you've seen it, you'll know what I mean!). The music is great too,

However when my dad took sis and me to see it THEY DIDN'T PLAY THE FROZEN SPECIAL. I was really disappointed.:/ I know it was stripped from theaters (now, i didn't when we went...), but...ugh. not happy about that.

I am glad Coco was so good or I might have been a lot more disappointed than I was.:p

15. Shelterkat

Shelterkat A Very Merry Unbirthday!

Rating - 100%
    253   0   0

I saw it yesterday with Connies_hobby. Very, very good movie. Very colorful and great twist of the plot. Go see it! Also got to see the Frozen short and LOVED IT! Btw the short will be on channel 7 at 8pm Thursday, here in OC/LA area.

16. Tokaji

Tokaji Pins and Needles

Rating - 100%
    31   0   0

I did love me some Coco. It was a great move from the normal Pixar movie trope, and they did the culture and the content a lot of justice. It wasn't perfect, but it's definitely one of their better entries in recent memory.

17. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

I actually (finally) got BF to the theatre to see this on Saturday. He really hates going to the movies, but OMG he loved Coco as much as I did. It held up to repeat viewing. I bawled again. BF also got misty ("Yeah, there was a point where a single tear trickled out ..."), ha ha.

They didn't have the Frozen short this time, which was a bummer--I thought it was great; can't believe the amount of hate it received. Yeesh. Tis the season to not be so flippin' crabby, for one thing. Ha.

akbecker246 likes this.
  18. caw caw rawr

caw caw rawr Squirrel!

Rating - 100%
    42   0   0

I just haven't seen it yet. I'm looking forward to it.

19. DisneyFurEver

DisneyFurEver New Member

0   0   0

Haven't seen it yet but I am wanting to

20. Disneychildwithin

Disneychildwithin Well-Known Member

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

My entire family loved it. My son already borrowed the cd from the library and downloaded all the songs. He says it's his new favorite Disney movie. Made me miss my grandmas...
    My one complaint is that I wanted more music, come on now, it's Disney and they don't have a lot of music? What?!

I'm in the group that wasn't too crazy about the Frozen short...I actually began to wonder when it would end, that's how you know you don't like something.

21. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

This is funny, because didn't someone else comment that it was an awful lot of music for a Pixar movie (ie, the Disney influence)? Ha ha.

I know "Remember Me" is the marquee song, and the "original" (lullaby) version is the sweetest thing ever. But my BF and I love "Poco Loco." He has decided this is my new nickname, and I cannot argue with his logic. :p

PS: I can understand if not everyone loved "Olaf's Frozen Adventure." It was the violence of some of the reactions that I thought was a bit much. Like, tranquilizers, people. Tranquilizers.

22. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

Really? lol I guess I was so into it that I just wanted more of it. It seems that really there are only those 3 songs...at least those are the only ones we belt out in my house.

23. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

There's also:

The song about Juanita, which Hector sings as his friend is forgotten

The song Miguel sings to get Ernesto's attention

Mama Imelda's song at the show

Miguel's song at the end

24. Disneychildwithin

Rating - 100%
    36   0   0

See? Not enough...:p

25. Addicted to Alice Pins

Rating - 100%
    63   0   0

Hahaha. You're tough to please, Lucy!

I do think one of the things I loved about Coco was that since music was one of the themes, the characters had real reasons to sing. Don't get me wrong, I love a classic Disney movie as much as anybody ... but the stereotypical <pause action while character explicates his/her emotions in song/> can get a little tiresome. But in Coco, the songs were woven into the storyline more naturally.

You are reminding me that I need to download the soundtrack and update my iPod, ha.

Disneychildwithin likes this.