• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Why no special Snow White for her 75th Anniversary this year???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why no special Snow White for her 75th Anniversary this year???

jrsinger78

jrsinger78
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
As I am a huge SW fan, I have been wondering why Disney hasn't really released a special doll for her this year...has anybody else? Just seems like she's kind of being overlooked and I thought a 75 year anniversary of the first princess should be a big deal! True this year we have had 2 movies about her and the best new show about her (HUGE Once Upon a Time fan!!!)....and I assume the parks didn't really recognize her either??? Just curious to me. :suspect:

There is a 75th anniversary piece released by WDCC of Snow White and the prince from the end of the film. When he is carrying her to his horse.

Earlier this year, I was really hoping for some kind of big Snow White palooza, but when the flood of Cinderella merchandise came in by summer, it became very clear that this was the year of Cinderella. Snow White saw a huge amount of merchandise in 2009 with her Diamond Edition release, so it stands to reason that they wouldn't really do another merchandising campaign so soon after, especially not to potentially take away from Cinderella's time to shine.

Now, that said, a 75th anniversary should be a really big deal. So, maybe we'll see some anniversary pins and maybe some other anniversary-related merchandise around December 21st, the actual 1937 premier date. Maybe the Disney parks will do something special on that day, too. =)

They should have released a 17" Evil Queen doll to go with the 2009 Snow White. But maybe with the designer collection that would have been overkill.

I do agree there should be snow white stuff but it's all cindy... so that makes it a less chance

Sad to say snow white is being put to back now with jasmine and tiana at her side..:(

I don't know if I would quite yet place Snow White in the same "neglected" category as the ethnic princesses as far as Disney is concerned. In 2009, there was a schload of Snow White-related merchandise (somewhat comparable to this year's Cinderella bonanza) with the Diamond Edition release of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, and she is pretty much omni-present at the Disney Parks in the parades, character meals, and meet-and-greet opportunities. I agree that the main princesses you will see a lot more of these days are: Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, and Rapunzel--with Aurora and Snow White kind of hanging around most of the time. I completely agree that Jasmine, Mulan, Pocahontas, and Tiana totally get a bum-deal with much more limited visibility.

Frankly, I do love Snow White the most, and I would absolutely love to see tons more stuff made for her and her supporting cast from the film.

Pfft. Pocahontas had a blu ray release this year and yet there was no promotion (except maybe at naturerocks.org but I doubt anyone has even heard of it) and not even a LE doll. It's disappointing, but maybe I'm just biased because Pocahontas is my favorite and I would die if she ever got a release ;) But Snow White is still a beloved character, especially among adults. I remember when the blu ray released she was everywhere! I wasn't collecting at the time, and I remember walking into a DS and a castmember said I could preorder a LE Snow White doll and I laughed and said "why would I do that?" lol biggest regret ever now!

Hi, the online disney store have the WDCC Snow White and Prince Charming figurine to commemorate the 75th anniversary if Snow White...hopefully we see more SW products in celebration of this milestone...

http://m.disneystore.com/disney/mobile/disney_detail/detail?A=1319996&product_id=1319995

I wish I could afford the WDCC figures. They are so pretty. But their prices make the prices of the limited edition and designer dolls seem like a pittance by comparison! :p

All is well, just got back from WDW and found a BEAUTIFUL hand crafted porcelain Snow White, so I got her! A little pricey, but worth it!!! was a fantastic honeymoon!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back