• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wonderful Trading Day at The Aquarium!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderful Trading Day at The Aquarium!

timeerkat

Your Friend Who Likes To Play
Rating - 100%
350   0   0
I attended the DSF/DSSH Pixar Summer Trading Bash at the Aquarium of the Pacific yesterday. I dressed up in my casual Bing Bong Disneybound and wore my Joy/Bing Bong lanyard. (The event was mostly Dory themed, but I had to rep Inside Out anyway, hahaha!)

I checked in around 9am, and got a big swag bag full of Dory goodies and Ghirardelli chocolates. I had a few hours before the event began, so I roamed the Aquarium, filling up my visitor's guide at the embossing stations (part of the event was a raffle that you could only enter if you found all of the embossing stations, to encourage people to explore the Aquarium).

I met up with Carissa (Romancing_Train)! We hung out for most of the day, and she even brought me a little zap! I haven't brought myself to eat Simba's head yet, but it sure does look yummy!

IMG_72631_zpsbvmmbqun.jpg

And we saw some eels!

IMG_72721_zpssa6bxmik.jpg

IMG_72731_zpsbcpzqq13.jpg

And I got a photo with an otter, one of my favorite animals and my college mascot!

IMG_72691_zpsgxtvdig8.jpg

At noon we were let into the event area. For the next five hours, we had lunch (so delicious! I was tempted to ask someone for the pasta recipe!), traded with other attendees, had some ice cream, and got several rounds at the big trading boards and LE fishing game (a replacement for their usual LE blind bag barrel - you gave them an LE pin and got to play a fishing game in pools of mystery LE bags). I lucked out and managed to get pretty close to the front of the line the first three times a new pin trading board was put out. And I won one of the raffle prizes!

Here is my pin haul. I got to knock some pins off of my main wants. The four pins at the top are all APs! One of the Daisies was a zap from someone who I know from DSF and the other Daisy was a pin Carissa pulled from the fishing game that she zapped to me. The two Brave pins are what I won in the raffle.

IMG_72751_zpsaurm3lcu.jpg

(And funny story - I was at the Chevy dealership maintenance shop on Saturday getting some work done on my car, and I overheard the woman working at the counter say she was going to the Aquarium on Sunday. After the customers cleared out, I told her that I was going too, because I trade Disney pins and there is an event. Well, it turns out that was the reason she was going too! So that's how I found out that one of the workers at my car dealership is also a pin trader and also frequents DSF.)

Last edited:
That Robin Hood pin is super cute! Thanks for the event recap, it's been fun living vicariously through those who were able to go, and it sounds like it was a blast. :)

Wow. Nice job. That's way cool. I can't wait to get back in the mix and make it to some events. Is there much heads up on when and where stuff will happen? Hope to see you all in the year to come. The party starts in Jan for us. Year of madness on the way. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back