• Guest, Help The DPF Community Thrive - Join Our Donation Drive Today!

We're launching a special DPF Donation Drive to ensure our beloved forum continues to flourish. Your support is vital in helping us cover essential server costs and keep our community running smoothly — This is more than just a donation; it's an investment in the future of our community.

Join us in this crucial drive and let's ensure our forum remains a vibrant and dynamic place for everyone.

Please visit the DPF Donation Drive Thread for details and instructions on how you can make your donation today!

Wonderground Gallery & Disney Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonderground Gallery & Disney Art
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I've recently become rather addicted to Wonderground Gallery. Right now I mostly collect the post cards of art because they are cheaper than the prints. Also, I can easily put them on shelves in frames. I really like the variety of characters they have art of in the gallery. I was pleasantly surprised to find artwork with Sword in the Stone, Princess and the Frog, Pocahontas, and Mulan in the gallery. I hope some other beloved but under represented characters are shown in the art soon as well.

Does anyone else collect art from Wonderground Gallery or the Disney parks in general? Currently my favorite artist at Wonderground is Liana Hee. I have most of her work.

Hi, Lisa! I'm a WonderGround junkie too! I didn't know about it until a year or so ago, but I've managed to collect quite a few Alice themed postcards and a few prints that I have framed on my desk at work (because I have no room at home, ha ha). I really love the artistic interpretations of the characters by different artists.

Liana Hee is an amazing artist; I've been tempted to collect postcards of ALL of her works just because they're so pretty! But I have to curb myself somewhere or I will be living in the garage while my stuff takes over the rest of my home.

My greatest "want" is a print of Michele Romo's Alice piece, "Curiosity Often Leads to Trouble." Didn't know about it until it was sold out and can't even find it on eBay. (I have a thread buried somewhere in the "Other Wanted" section but have had no luck there, either.)

So what is your favorite piece that you've acquired so far, and what is on your wishlist?

I'll keep an eye out for Romo's Alice piece. I check ebay religiously for good prices on Wonderground art.

My favorite piece's are Colors by Liana Hee, "Her Fathers Daughter" by June Kim, and "All The Powers" by John Coulter. Coulter's piece was what got me into Wonderground gallery. I only have those 3 pieces as postcards and really want the prints of them as well.

My most wanted print is Liana Hee's "Sunlit Swing" which is her Rapunzel piece. I also really want "Sea and Be Seen" by Jeff Granito. It's probably my favorite Ariel piece from the gallery so far.

I'm really excited for these new pieces coming out later this month:

Jeff-Granito-Sticky-Mickey.jpg

Sticky Mickey by Jeff Granito

and

Jeremiah-Ketner-Rajah-Dreams-Web.jpg

Rajah Dreams by Jeremiah Ketner.

I'm praying both pieces will show up at Wonderground in WDW so I don't have to pay for shipping

Yes, yes, yes! Fellow addict here.

I have four matted prints so far, one mini canvas, and a BUNCH of postcards.

My favorite Wonderground artists are Jasmine Becket-Griffith and Joey Chou. :)

My favorite artist is Jeff Granito. I love to collect the post cards too. I discovered the WonderGround Gallery last year on are annual Disneyland trip. Love the variety of characters as well. I would love to see some Bernard and Miss Bianca prints or Wall-E and Eve! Also love Liana Hee and Joey Chou!!

Last edited:
This is highest on my wish list right now:

tightropegirl_zps0e4dv62j.jpg

I really wanted to buy a little canvas of it, but those sold out IMMEDIATELY, along with the postcards (and I refuse to pay eBay prices).

If they still have a matted print (or anything else) when I visit the parks in May, I'll splurge. :)

And here are some other Wonderground prints by Jasmine Becket-Griffith...

5dec97ebd197083f6747d3d3c6ef8ea7_zpsfzbhba3j.jpg
Princess-Belle--Belles-Enchantment-for-Disneylands-WonderGround-Gallery_zpsvlo1b0ci.jpg
b8188cd9e0fa3662489a046a360ea392_zpsdi9f2po3.jpg

I've debated about buying both Cindy and Belle as matted prints, but I always change my mind at the last minute. Belle just looks too creepy/evil. I'm hoping JBG will eventually paint a picture of Belle in her blue dress for Wonderground. Perhaps holding a book? I would cry happy tears.

The Ariel painting is BEAUTIFUL, but I'm pretty sure that one's only available in Florida… Luckily, Ariel's not one of my favorite princesses, so I can live without it.

Some more Joey Chou...

wonderground_gallery_006_large_zpsrwuf287m.png
tumblr_ndyytf3UqG1qmwj4no1_1280_zps4qviuw4v.jpg

LR_JoeyChouAPerfectDate_zpsrisyl32k.jpg
LR_JOEY-CHOU-Haunted-Mansion_zpsda67n7hq.jpg

LR_JoeyChou-Tea-Cups_zpsha8g7yeb.jpg

I love his use of color and shapes. It reminds me of childhood. And Mary Blair. :)

I met him in person one day at the Gallery and he signed a Tiki Room postcard for me, and we chatted a bit. SUPER nice guy!

Last edited:
I really like Joey's Haunted Mansion and Tea Cup prints. I nearly bought the Haunted Mansion one online. I'm still debating if I want to collect just characters or attractions as well.

So far I have 24 postcards from Wonderground and I started collecting them at the beginning of the year. I haven't bought any of the prints or small canvases because I cannot justify paying ebay prices & am waiting to see what they have in WDW in May before I order stuff from California. I do have the Snow White journal they had in the gallery last year. I didn't realize it was from Wonderground Gallery until it came in the mail. I just loved the art.

Besides Liana Hee, Jeremiah Ketner is my favorite artist there. Here are some of his pieces:

35014d0620aedc67-Maleficent-Mistress-of-Evil-Jeremiah-Ketner.jpg
images
PageImage-4756-4771750-MessageFromHomeJeremiahKetner.jpg
410b47ab00ed4b7220ba72cd64722a93.jpg
B-ZGOafCEAAg3IT.jpg

sorapandora - maybe you already know but JBG has done another Belle! Still in her yellow dress, but I think she is prettier and less cartoon looking. Yes, this Belle and Ariel were FL releases...but you can get them direct through her. This is a canvas print I framed, but she is available also in a gloss paper print.
jbgframed_zpsl0k20in8.jpg

glad to see all the interest here. I love visiting this shop when going to Downtown Disney! I think I have about 5 postcards...still needing frames, and I have not purchased a print for myself but did give one as a gift...a cool Cinderella one I can't remember this artist but it kinda told the story through a series of images

sorapandora - maybe you already know but JBG has done another Belle! Still in her yellow dress, but I think she is prettier and less cartoon looking. Yes, this Belle and Ariel were FL releases...but you can get them direct through her. This is a canvas print I framed, but she is available also in a gloss paper print.
jbgframed_zpsl0k20in8.jpg

Oohh I did see this one online a while back, and forgot all about it! She does look a lot less evil here.

I kind of wish they didn't have prints specifically available in one location. I know you can special order just about anything, but I wonder what else I haven't seen that's exclusive to Florida!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I understand...all the Disney stuff JBG does, Disney owns...she can't reproduce them herself. So the Wonderground stuff is available where ever Wonderground puts it. The Ariel and Belle pieces were not through Wonderground, they debuted at a gallery at Downtown Disney. She states on her website that she purchases those two pieces from the publisher direct and then resells them. (I assume because they are local and it is easy for her) So I "believe" when you order either of those two from her...they will come signed on the front. That is something that usually requires a 2 hours wait in a line.

Any Frozen?

Yes!! Brittney Lee did a Frozen piece.

Britney-Lee-Frozen.jpg

There are prints ($40), postcards ($5), necklace ($19.95), keychain (around 10), and magnet (around 10) with the image. I know it was sold at the Disneyland Wonderground. I think I saw pictures of the postcard at the Wonderground Gallery in WDW in the Marketplace Co-Opt but I'm not 100% sure.

This is highest on my wish list right now:

tightropegirl_zps0e4dv62j.jpg

I really wanted to buy a little canvas of it, but those sold out IMMEDIATELY, along with the postcards (and I refuse to pay eBay prices).

The little canvas is being sold at the Wonderground Gallery at the Market Place Co-Opt in Orlando. You should be able to order it from Disney.

Here is a picture of it in the gallery:
tumblr_nkytm4204r1r2hlpho4_540.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back